Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday April 27

Good morning aberoonies,

Just a brief fly by to bring coffee ... and French toast for those of you with room in their jeans (I am talking to you, greenie). I am in between meetings and kind of in a rush.

Managed to read quickly the last posts of yesterday, oh my, loads going on ? sending positive vibes form my corner, will post some more in the afternoon and might even have time to lounge around in the chat room.

Have a fab Friday !!!!
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Ahhh french toast! But this AM I have my heart set on my healthy version of eggs bendadick. Poached egg on steamed fresh spinach (the farmer nearby has had some killer spinach) on quinoa, topped with my homemade hummus thinned with lemon juice. It's quite tasty. It's not often I stray from my smoothie in the AM, but I scored some fresh eggs like Lav's.

I'm pretty freaked out about AFM. It reallly brings to the forefront how dangerous AL is.

I 'm going to go have some of shue's coffee.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good morning!

This will be a flyby as company is looming. It might be rude to shout at them "get your own dang coffee!"
      AFM- hugs coming your way. I'm sorry. A year is nothing to sneeze at. Please stick around.

Papmom- wow, only 2 more weeks til 2 years???? Fabulous! Keep on keepin on!

Big hellos to all!

I'm sorry so short. The nerve of guests wanting to chat. Lol!
      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Good Morning Fabber Abbers,

It's Friday. Yay!!

Shue, I read your post yesterday about telliing your husband. All I can say is that just as it is a process for us to come to terms that we have a serious problem; our loved ones have their own process to go through. My husband was the same way and he knew many of the gory details because I couldn't hide it any longer. For example, on several occassions, he found my hidden empty bottles. Toward the end, I didn't even care about hiding my huge problem. To this day though, if I drank a glass of wine, I don't think he would be alarmed. He doesn't have a drinking problem; he didn't grown up with an alcoholic mom or dad.

From my perspective, not telling your husband leaves the back door open to the possibility of drinking again. Being honest with him not only lets him know the full extent of your problem, it also holds you accountable.

Love and hugs to everyone,
        M3
        AF Since April 20, 2008
        4 Years!!!
        :lilheart:

Comment

Good morning, AbberDabbers!!
          Shue, great for you for leaving the WW in the fridge!! Did you talk to Mr Shue at all? What Kas said about NPs is so true! They don't get it about how we drink/drank. Maybe it is just too frightening for them to go there. Thanks for the coffee and French Toast, BTW!!
          Greenie, I meant to mention yesterday that I used to find incredible clothes in Goodwill stores all over New England when I was on the road!! I once hit one in ME and ws in there for a couple of hours and came out with the greatest clothes--some brand new!! Three or four years ago, I lost weight and wore a size 2 for the most part, and there was a huge choice for clothes in those places! I am now mostly a 4, but at just shy of five feet tall, that is not as good as it sounds. Need to get back on track for exercise and more healthy eating! (Like your eggs benedict.) I brought in three nice pairs of jeans for one of the young women at the store, and she was very happy with them. Funny, I could manage my weight better when I was drinking Anyway, I also love ebay, and many items give you the measurements, too.
          AFM, I have heard that many people relapse just before their one year anniversary. I am so impresssed that you came here and fessed up and got in to see the counselor! The groups sound very positive, and I hope this helps you through it. As I've posted before, I could NOT make a move to help myself until I hit bottom and went to rehab. Hope you'll stay here and post every day!:l
          Dizzy, I need to read your post on Topamax. So great that it has helped you so much. A few years back, when I was trying to "manage" my drinking better, I asked my nurse practitioner for that. She refused to prescribe anything off label. I hope it may help your mom.
          Hope Sunni is having a great training weekend!
          AF, hope the showing went well, and hope the company works out okay!
          M2, how is everything today? Hubby still in man cave? Think you were wise to decide to leave him there.
          Lav, more pics of Matilda, please!
          Sugar--what's up??
          Det, wow, great that you managed to resist temptation in Napa!! How appropraite that pic was! Like that shaved head look
          I am so happy that we don't have to be in the store--Pap3, it's a tee shirt, sweatshirt shop with gift things, too--until 11:00!! Yesterday was frustrating, as I had to take things out of two huge boxes that were wedged into a small space in storage and inventory them. Then had to be on cell with owner to go through sale things to see what has to be packed up and taken away until a big sidewalk sale. It would have helped a lot if we'd done that much sooner. Oh, well--it's not my store and I can only do what I am told! Now owner is talking about coming by next week. We lose one girl (until June) after today, so next week we need direction!!
          Went to an AA meeting with a friend who has been back from rehab since last Sunday. We wanted to be there for a woman we know who got her one year coin and told her story. It was really touching.
          Okay--wishing everyone a happy AF Friday!
          TDN
          "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Seeing a nice sunny day out there today after a thunder storm last night - geez! Summer must be right around the corner.

Thanks for the coffee shue, french toast sounds good - haven't had that for a while

Greenie, fresh veggies & eggs really make all the difference, don't they?

Almost ~ the hostess withthe mostess :H

Greetings M3 & TDN!
            Don't work too hard today & let the owner doing the worrying TDN

OK, getting out now to do a few thing, first stop Curves

AFM, thinking about you with love :l

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

HidieHodie Fabbers! Every morning at precicely 6:30 AM the bank manager neighbours down river let their big labradors out to run across to my bush garden to have a crap in my native plant and flower beds, and they bark as they run toward it. The barking dog shite Doppler effect drives me nuts. I would like to wake up grateful, and I do, but Im just saying. My first thought is about electric fences sizzling. Any advice for you doggie experts here about how to make them think my bush garden is not a doggie restroom?

Hey Shue, thanks for starting us up and do tell what your DH had to say, and where you are and as usual M3 nailed it. Its what TDN meant as well, needing to keep The Secret in case you need it to get hosed again. There is a tendancy for us to get mad as hell when we are told that, so I hope yer not too steamed at us. God forbid. I myself did not tell my Mr K what my real problem was for years, or that I had quit for the first three months, and he never actually NOTICED, the pooh head.

Greenie, that breakie sounds delicious. Psst. what is quinoa? Its got to be some kind of plant based bread thing made of quinine. In case your worried about malaria.

Almost....knock em dead, ok well maybe not DEAD, but rendered senseless with delight.

Lav, enjoy your day.

AFM, so glad to see you sounding pos again. Hope you are well.

I have not been a size 4 since I was 4. That is all.

OTISFS

Kaslo of the baggy jeans and tee shirts.
              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Kas,
                You have your very own version of the 'Insanity Twins' up there :H :H
                I understand your feelings about that dog behavior - trust me!!!

I've never been a size 4 either but hoping to get back in my 8's at some point. Please note that a 10 is not all that bad :H

I really should get my work started.....
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Thanks Lav.....

We are not talking a size 10 here ladies, sorry. I am not one of those REALLY large people but if any of you think of me as a sylvan waif among the budding trees, think again. I dug soil pits for a living, so I am build like a brick shit house. Someday I think we should all post our photos for a day, then go back and remove them.

kas
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AFM. I just heard about your relapse. SCARY. You struggled so hard to get well after your diagnosis. I know you don't want to throw it all away. Stay strong and stay on track.:l

P3. Don't you dare!:heart: You too Det! :heart:

Kaslo. "Brick shit house." I love that!! :H
                    AF Since April 20, 2008
                    4 Years!!!
                    :lilheart:

Comment

Maybe if we all line up in a row -
                      We could be a Brick Shit City together :H :H :H
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Whew....

Well I tell you this personal training thing is whipping my shit brick into shape. In two-ish weeks I have lost 6 pounds, 3 inches from my waist and 2 inches from my hips. whoo-hoo! All the better to kick butt around here!

Actually....I would rather hug people than kick 'em (although be warned...my hug may soon be as deadly as a boa constrictor!) OK. I didn't think so.

Anyway....AFM....wow. I am so glad you are back. You've gotten a lot of good advice and support here and other places, I'm sure. I think the notion that you will learn something is quite valid and valuable AND I think that PapMom's astute observation that the REST of us will learn from this is invaluable. I am fast approaching the year mark...just a few months off. If I might ask? Was your decision to drink... something that had been floating around for awhile, or was it just a perfect storm of circumstance and an eff-it moment, OR somehow, did your brain tell you that maybe you could have just one or two? The reason I ask is that this could help me and others safeguard ourselves from those vulnerabilities. I hope you stick close with us. It sure helps me to be here as much as possible.

Shue - darling...I had a similar situation with my husband. I finally had to tell him very clearly that I am no longer drinking. I simply, but emphatically told him that I could no longer control drinking and that it controlled me and it was making me sick and creating many problems in my life. And because of that, I could no longer drink. EVER Again. Not a sip, not for special occasions, nada, nothing zip and zilch. Now, he no longer offers or asks if I want a drink. So that itty bitty moment of temptation is just kaput on the domestic and dining front.

I did not tell him the gory details of my drunk drinking years. I was a very adept closet addict. And right now, I don't see the necessity of confessing all. Maybe someday. But really, I am not sure what that disclosure would accomplish. I am firmly committed and COMPLETELY ACCEPT and UNDERSTAND that alcohol is a poison to my body. There will NEVER be a point in my life where that will change. It will ALWAYS be poison. My life is exponentially better without al....why the hell would I EVER go back to that hell?

....putting the prohibition axe down gently....

....hugs to all of you and to those who shall come through. I'm going to plant some seeds and pump some iron. And maybe chop something up.

xxxxx
                        Sober for the Revolution!
                        AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

:thanks: all. You are so wonderful. You truly are.

Turnagain, I iscolated myself so much the past few weeks. Chemo was just ending... all of the appointments pretty much subsided. (your calendar is fully booked while going through treatment). I had started up at the SPCA a couple of days a week; and that alone would make me happy - but I wasn't. I felt so dead inside from all the crap life gave me the last two years. Completely dead. I stopped going to the SPCA; said I wasn't quite ready yet. I proceeded to hybernate and take my daughter to school, do the basics, and that was it. No connection to the outside world. This iscolation worsened my 'rut'. So, I started to feel overwhelmed with my thoughts, feeling dead, not knowing what the future would hold; your typical pity-party of one going on here. Little AFM had a sleep over on Friday night, and I went and bought a bottle. I am a DUMB-DUMB! It wasn't just a couple of drinks (still bad) it was most of the bottle then finished it off in the morning!

I was where I had left off a year ago! Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaary!

My group therapy today was very enlightening. A great crowd as well. Of course you have your typical young punk in there who had to be the star of the show.... There always seems to be a couple of people in every group that is like that. I also went to an AA meeting at noon. That was fabulous! I haven't been to one since 2004; and I have to say I walked out of there feeling almost a sense of relief. Such a good group. Could take a part of each person's story and relate to my own experiences. It feels so good to have that 'real life' connection to people who suffer the same. I will go again. The sour taste that had been in-firmly planted in my mouth from the few meetings back in 2004 have definitely left!

I hope that my sharing what happened last Friday/Saturday morning; nearing my 1 year mark helps any of those of you who are struggling. Please don't do it. It is so not worth it. I can't change what happened. I had a million excuses to do it.... No one in my real life 'blames' me for doing it after 'all' I have been through. BUT, there will always be a million excuses to pick up that drink. The repercussions of my drinking always end up in HUGE consequences and after the amount I drank - the next time could be the death of me.

So, whatever you do, please talk to someone if you are second guessing your sobriety. I wish I had of reached out. I learned today that is a very important thing to do when you are in recovery.

I love ya all! xoxo :l:l

Comment

aloooo me AF loverlies!

I'm home, yay! so glad. was a beautiful morning in Napa and I managed to sneak up on this here 'blooon' and snag a picture. you can faintly see the flame inside (it would be a lot easier to see in low light of course).

Health geek warning:

if anyone is suffering from VLDL cholesterol here's some really VERY encouraging news. If a drug company came up with a drug that could do 1/6th of what this simple dietary intervention does, they would be instant mega-stars. as always, DYOR (do your own research) and question dusty old theories that don't work! eating fat/protein does NOT cause increase in VLDL production and has little to nothing to do with blood triglyceride levels.

Carbohydrate restriction alters lipoprotein metabolis... [J Nutr. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI

Turn, good questions. we touched on this a bit last night in chat. for me I have in the past thought I was 'cured' after 90, then 120, then years of AB's only to find a rapid decline to hell when I attempted to mod. there were also times I had the spur of the moment 'f*ck it' attack and functioned like I was being controlled by an outside source. I felt like a robot operated remotely and the first drink I could hardly even taste as I felt so very outside of my own body. so scary.

so grateful to be AF! thank you one and all.

be well
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello friends,

I know it's late, but I wanted to stop in and give my regards to AFM. I'm so sorry you were feeling so bad and decided to drink. I'm glad you are ok, because it can be a really dangerous for someone who is not used to drinking for a long time to go back and drink a lot of al in one setting. Same way with drugs. I'm so glad you jumped back on here and are getting some support. I hope you continue to check in here.:l:l

Kaslo, there was an amazing thread here all about Quinoa a couple of years ago, but I'm afraid I can't find it now. It really is good stuff, I like it cold and I eat it like oatmeal, but there are some yummy recipes out there. Here is a link which tells all about it.

Quinoa

I've had a couple of good days. Today I got my hair colored and on the way home I finally stopped and checked out this really cook greenhouse, which is actually much more than a greenhouse, Organic Herbs and Spices Natural products | Ricky & Lucy's Country Greenhouse, NE
                              I bought an extremely cool circle of friends ornament/candle holder for my new yard, no plants yet, but I can't wait to go back.

Have a great sober weekend all!:h
                              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                              X