Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily: Sunday April 29th 2012

Hi everyone

Dont normally start this thing off very often, but been very busy this week and hardly had time to post on MWO these last few days ( Mr Sausage has been ill and I've been doing so much running around with the kids etc etc.)

Anyway I know I've got to make everyone coffee so I'm using Mr Sausages Nespresso machine You can all choose a pod/ capsule of your own choice - he has a variety of different coffees include decaf and for those that don't want coffee there is tea - either normal or decaf available!

Have been reading arouund these last few days trying to catch up.
    Dizzy glad you are back with us and AFM - sorry to read about what happened but glad you are back on track. You have been through so much in the past year I know you can find the strength in you to keep going.

Hi to everyone else. On day 66 here and just plodding on one day at a time....
    See you all later.
    Have a great AF day.
    Sausage x
    Day 66

Morning sausage

good to read you God you just reminded me there how we're totting up the days, it truely is brilliant if you sit back and take it in, for me its getting back to thinking straight, the clunk of anxiety at every turn is gone and that rotten gloom cloud has passed, God how it messes with our systems, all is good today on that reflection and long may it last

Have a groovy day one and all
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Hi everyone

Thanks for the yummy coffee, Sausage.

Bf is still hurling attacks at me. I got SO angry and upset this morning or I should say last night. I thought he woke up at 7am but I think he never went to bed. But its enough now. He is really trying every angle that works now and it does - like hell. But from now on he can try anything, I will set up my email with an automatic response saying 'I receive this with love and I wish you happiness'. That should bore him after a while.

Hey Sugar
      , yeah sober time is definitely much much better and kinder to our bodies.

Off for some sushi and girlfriend talk. She's bound to drag all the gory details out of me but that's probaly a good thing as I don't share enough with my 'real life' friends. Then I have to make dinner for my parents who are ill. I'm hoping if I make a pasta dish I can convince my brother to take it over to them as I really don't feel up to visiting and talking to them about the bf too. I am only *so* strong.:h

Have a lovely day peeps.

XOX

Comment

Good morning, Abbers!
        Saucy, sorry about Mr. S and hope he's better soon. Thanks for the coffee! And it is pretty neat to see the AF days piling up.
        Sugar, you continue to be so upbeat--it is so nice to see you here every morning
        Dizzy, sorry about the BF, but at least you aren't living with him far from home.
        Gearing up for another 8:00 a.m. walk, and it's just as cold today as yesterday! 30degrees:upset: I'll wear my ear muffs and gloves again.
        Had a nice afternoon with our good friends. Went to an auction that tkaes place every week, and enjoyed watching what people bought--and for great prices. I saw a few things I could have bid on, but nothing we really needed. This auction gets bigger and better as the summer season comes in, and the wealthy summer folks return. Our friends again brought their Kitty, and he just stretched out on two chairs and slept or watched things quietly. He's pretty amazing.
        Church today and not much more for me. Stayed up late watching "The Blind Side," which I'd never seen before. What a beautiful movie! Mr TDN and the three dogs joined me in bed to watch it:H
        Back later, and wishing everybody a great AF Sunday!
        TDN
        "One day at a time."

Comment

good morning Abbers!

Up bright & early on this chilly morning ~ thank you Matilda

Nothing really planned for the day, will see what develops. Hope to get more weeds pulled (such an exciting life) :H

Sausage, hope Mr S feels better soon.
          Love watching the AF days pile up

Dizzy, some GF time is good for the soul!
          I try to meet some old friends at least once/month, good to reconnect. But I find I'm left feeling a bit jealous/envious of their 'normal lives'. We're all the same age, have all been married & raised kids, worked together, etc. Now they are getting to spend & enjoy some time with their husbands, go on trips, etc - all normal stuff. I always thought that's what I'd be doing at this stage of life too Leaves me feeling really left out.....

Greetings to sugar, TDN & everyone - hope your day is wonderful!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Oh Lav, having been single for most of my adult life I can tell you that you don't need a partner to be normal or happy. And that a lot of my married friends spend a lot of energy saving face, trying to sell the story that married people are happier than singles. I'm not saying you don't get happily married people, I'm just saying you get just as many happily single people.

I'm afraid I feel to sorry for myself right now to be more help on that front. I spilled all the beans at my lunch date and feel tons lighter. I'm now going to cook some pasta for my parents and send my brother to take it over to them.

My heart is really sore but I know I can get into bed in two hours and just watch a movie or have a nice bubble bath. Meanhwile I'm trying to console myself with the analogy that bf is not an evil person as I only seem to get cruel (or in fact any) emails from him after 3AM. I suppose this is an old analogy and I'm not making excuses for the bastard but it is an interesting metaphor nontheless especially sometimes in males whose only method of dealing with anger and resentment is drinking:

The psychology behind the case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde - by William Remski - Helium

Comment

quick heyoooo as I put on my hiking boots and head off into the mountains for my guy time rugged adventures. weeeee! a couple AF friends and I doing our nature ritual.

Dizzy, is BF physically abusive?

wishing you all an inspiring, AF'ing super Sunday

be well
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

No Det, he just sometimes get black moods when he drinks and become really cruel. He has never and will never touch me in that way.

Comment

Happy Sunday, Fabbinis!

Got back safe and sound about 1am last night. I had an awesome weekend; it couldn't have gone much better than it did! Atlas was a real butt head the first morning, which earned him a spot the 5 hour Train the Trainer session in the afternoon. That's where trainers who want to certify with Chris Irwin, or just people who want to take it a bit further than just working with their own horses work individually, as a group, at times coaching each other, and with a number of different horses. So, I worked with him about 2 hours in the morning and they did for 5 hours in the afternoon. Soooo good for him and really helpful for me to watch what he does from the 'outside'.

Most importantly, AL was never on my mind or on the table. We went for dinner with a large group on Friday night; I ordered first (Iced Tea) and almost everyone followed my lead. Kinda like when Blondie went out last week.

I'm so sorry to read there were some difficult times and stinkin' thinkin' going on lately :l
                  AFM... I'm so happy to see you back here! And yes, your experience definitely helps all of us :l

OK, I better get dressed and go fetch my horse. I left him at my friend's place last night, didn't feel like unloading/loading in another trailer and then driving home in the middle of the night. But I bet, Trouble is going to be very happy to see his buddy

Have a fantastic Sunday, and one thing is for sure!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hey ho everybody~ busy so just catching up and saying hello.

Lavande;1307099 wrote: Now they are getting to spend & enjoy some time with their husbands, go on trips, etc - all normal stuff. I always thought that's what I'd be doing at this stage of life too Leaves me feeling really left out.....
                    I understand that. Really.
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Yes Lav, I can sort of relate to this too ( as the daughter of someone who was widowed younger in life ) . I know your circumstances are not due to being widowed, but it was similar for my Mum. My Dad died before he retired, so they never got to do anything they'd planned together. He didn't even live to see me start work , get married, or have his grandchildren, and I do feel for my Mum when she sees other friends / relatives enjoy things with their husbands etc in their 60's and 70's. Most of her friends now are either single people or widowed or divorced, she doesn't have that many "couple" friends.

Comment

Hi Everyone. Have been on the water or in my river garden or in Nelson, but I stayed home today to prune, but felt I should check in.

If I am ever early enough to serve coffee on here, I am afraid it would be camp coffee out of a pot on the fire by the lake, with biscuits... and not very haute cuisine, however, served with very FRESH AIR and the sound of the birds and the wind in the trees.

Especially big shout to Lav. I get it too. On so many levels. How do you feel about finding someone else? You are the same age as me! We are not dead yet! There are fish in the sea. You just have to get a boat. I have to say, and please forgive me if I am treading on tender ground, but can you not just move on and say good bye? How do you feel about this? Tell me to go pound sand if you like, but how many years more of your life should you spend on this person when I happen to know there are other guys, maybe even wonderful guys out there....??? Even if its just a friendship, companionship or what ever, its got to be out there for you if you want it.

Here is my back yard. This was shot at least two months ago so its a lot greener now.

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Kaslo, your backyard woww its beautiful
                          "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Wow Kas, I wish I could camp out in your back yard. What camera do you use?

Oh and Sausage, love the new avatar!

Comment

Hi all you wonderful Fabbers

Just checking in, I find it really hard to get to this site over the weekend as hubbie is always around, so no private time. Things at home are abot 50% better, however the next couple of weeks are going to be really really hard, my mum (who hubbie DOES NOT get on with) is moving in for about 3 weeks , god it is going to be awful

I have not had a chance to read back..however I did see your amazing pic Kas, how stunning is that!

hopefully I'll have more time later today (mon)..its time to start the morning rush..

Be strong, stay safe xxx

Comment

Working...
                              X