AF Daily -Tuesday May 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning peeps and a a happy may day to you all, here's to a memorable AF summer!

Not much going on with me so I'll just zumm about and make your coffees, come and get them

P.S. Shue are you out there, I'm gona get a complex about my coffee making skills if you don't turn up soon
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Thanks for the coffee, Sugarbeatbuttfairy

Whoohoo! I'm so glad its Summer for most of you and that you are so looking forward to May. It almost makes me forget that Winter is creeping in here. I wonder if the landlord will finally get around to fixing the leak right above my pillow this year

I agree with you, Kas and Det about photographers and responsibility and I think that is why the Carter guy ended up so depressed, he couldn't handle the gravity of his job as combat photographer on top as being a drug addict. I'm afraid most photographers just see themselves as observers and that their job is pointing out the issue to the world, not interfering in it. Rather them than me.

About the pic though, there are people that say that he staged the photo and that the kid was just waiting outside a feeding station and that the vulture was there to eat the extra food scraps. So he was using the image to send the gravity of the situation out to the world without really photographing what we think we are seeing.

Does anyone here know if Channa Magaj (chickpea fudge) is any good? Someone offered to trade me some for a sprouting kit but I'm not sure I'm quite hippie enough.

A super May for all.

:flower: :flower: :flower:

To Infinity and beyond!

Comment

Oih dizzy did you just stick butt in my name, I don't knw how to take that :H
      "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Its this place, everyone sticks butt after everyone elses name.
        With love and chocolate sprinkles,
        Dizzlebutt
        :h

Comment

Good morning, Abbers!
          Rainy morning here to start off the month of May! Cold, too. But we need the rain, so I won't complain.
          Shop owner fnally coming today, and we have quite a mess going on, so hope she isn't put off by that. We are getting tons of merchandise with no tags/prices, so have to stop and make them, attach them, etc. I can't wait for all of this set up stuff to be over and shop open for business!
          Not much else here. Have to go next door to neighbor's after work to get my instructions on walking/feeding their cute dog starting Thursday night through SUnday. They have two cats who are escape artists, so have to re-learn how to keep them in! One cat escaped last year and was taken by a coyote!!!
          Hope you all have a great AF day!
          TDN
          "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Cat stealing coyotes TDN? Eeewww
            Hope the shop comes together a bit for you today

Greetings sugar, Dizzy & everyone!
            Where's shue today??

Have rain going on here as well this morning so I WILL get some things done indoors (either that or go back to bed :H)
            Have a terrific AF Tuesday!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning Fabbinis and Happy May!

May showers bring August flowers, right? Well, in these parts of the world anyways :H
              TDN... Yikes. You'd think a pussy cat would be quicker than a coyote. Good luck with the store today... hopefully the owner is going to roll up her sleeves and get in there to help you!

Hello Sugarbuttland Fairy and Dizzlebutt. I don't dare do that to Lav, she'll sick the dogs or hens on me :H

In case you were wondering... I didn't get my taxes done. I'm late for the first time ever. Rats. But I still need to bring my income down some.. can't stop yet.

Wishing you all a fabulous day, week, month of May and (wait for it...)
              ONE THING IS FOR SURE!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Good morning my lovelies! Whew was I wiped out yesterday. We had a huge party here on Sunday after I got done working 2 shifts at work just hours before. :nutso: Long story, but I was practically out of my mind with delirium/exhaustion. There must have been 60 people here in my house. Anyway, I was so out of it yesterday that I slept most of the day and I still have decorations up. :H Hopefully today I'll haul out the ladder and take them down.

Lav I have been loving the photos of Matilda and Maxie. Your daughter takes nice clear photos.

Speaking of photos, Kas your photos are beeee-u-tee-ful! Love them!

And I'm loving all of the AF days we're racking up here! Congrats to all and I wish you a wonderful day.

Comment

Good day precious, FABilicious ones...

It is thrilling to see how well all of you are doing!

Sunni - don't beat yourself up anymore on those taxes. You need to find ALL the deductions you are entitled to. I don't know how it works down in Canada, but I tell you, my husband and I ALWAYS go for the filing extensions here. We hand our stuff over to an accountant. At one point, we had to pay taxes in 8 states (WTF?!) so we needed the professional help. Anyway, the extensions were great because our accountant wasn't as stressed and neither were we - and that resulted in more accurate reporting.

Lav - what a beautiful family you have...with and without fur. Matilda's big, chocolate brown eyes are just gorgeous! Dogs are amazing critters. Except when they are chewing my new eyeglasses.

Okay, Kas. The crowd is getting loud. You truly need to get your photography into a gallery, girlfriend. You have the eye and the heart of an artist. Maybe start off with a show at a local coffee house where the tourons roam?

Fly, I am resting after reading your post. Whew! You are SuperFLY.

DizzyButt you make me smile...Sugar...you make me proud and TDN...you leave me in awe with your upbeat tude. It's really a miracle to see the healing of minds, hearts and bodies once the bond of addiction is broken.

Do we need to send out APBs for our missing daily regulars? Blondie....Shue? Get your ABbutts back here ASAP. And where oh where has our Doggy Girl gone....and Marshy...and Raven....and Caper....I know we only hear from you once in awhile...but isn't the FIRST of the month a great time to pop in and let us know what you're doing. Oh - and IJM.....are we going to have to come after you again?

I am painting today. Getting ready for Alaska's Visiting season.

We have a joke that goes like this:

Alaska has two seasons - 9 months of winter

....and 3 months of friends and relatives.

The onslaught begins in 2 weeks!
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

JACKRABBIT!!

that's all for now
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Greenie...

Do these JACKRABBITS experience TURBULENCE?

If so...my buns will be VERY sore!
                      Sober for the Revolution!
                      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Hi everyone

Busy day at work and haven't eaten yet, but I had to drop a quick post about my drinking dream last night. I understand these are quite common after you quit AL but I don't remember any of significance before.

Anyway my dream was very realistic and in it I was persuaded to have one glass of wine ( which I didn't finish) but then I remember thinking in the dream, oh well I've broken my AF run of days I may as well drink tomorrow ( which is exactly what happened last time in real life.) as I say the dream was very real and in the dream I thought - oh no I'll have to tell everyone on MWO that I'm back on day 1 again, :upset: and in the dream I logged on and someone had started a thread "sausage has 70 days" - in real life I'm on day 68! And I was so sad and upset and I had to post that there was no day 70. In the dream I was frighteningly scared and depressed with great urges to drink anyway as I had already blown it......

And then I woke up .... And thankfully it was only a dream and in real life im on day 68 and all is OK. I was so relieved. This dream has really shaken me,meven though it only was a dream.

Anyway must go, got to eat, I'll drop by again later.
                        Sausage x
                        Day 68

Comment

quick zoom through.

Sausage i still have those dreams although with much less frequency now thankfully.

zoom zoom
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello All.

Greenie beat me to JACKRABBIT!!!:

Happy May all. I'm looking forward to the weather warming up a bit. It has been cool and rainy here. Taught a noon Power Hour yoga class today. It was lots of fun!

Sausage....yep. The drinking dreams are common. I remember having them. I look at them as our subconscious giving us a little reminder that we are only 1 drink away. I remember waking up in a panic worrying that I actually drank.

TurnAgain, You are sounding strong. How are things going for you?

Hello to Sugar, FlyAway, Lav, Greenie, Dizzy, Det, Sunni, Kas, TDN and all to come.

PS. Sunni. I want to come ride horses with you!!

Where is Shue? Was she going away?

Later
                            M3
                            AF Since April 20, 2008
                            4 Years!!!
                            :lilheart:

Comment

What's with the JACKRABBIT!??

And why is he experiencing TURBULENCE? :H

M3... come on up and giddy up!

Snausage... yes, those dreams are apparently quite common. Scare the bejeezus outta ya, don't they?
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X