Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Nervous!

Hello everyone:

I went to my doctor 2 weeks ago for a basic checkup. (Annual stuff, you know) But at that meeting I let her know about my drinking problem and asked for Topa. She was cautious and I gave her a bunch of reading material from this site so she could look it over. Finally, the office called me today and asked if I could come in for another appointment to discuss "my issue" with her again. (I had made her promise that the drinking problem would not appear in my chart!)

Since all of my other results came back normal, I am hoping hoping hoping that she is going to give me the Topa. I can't imagine that she would make me come back in ( and pay for another appoointment) just to hear her say "no". At least that is what I am going to believe until I get there. I bet I won't sleep well tonight!!!

Cross your fingers for me!
    Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

So Nervous!

I want to wish you luck. It is kind of odd to have you come all the way in there just to tell you yes or no on the Topa. I would also be surprised if she is able to leave it off of your medical record. I believe by law doctors are required to disclose all of that information. But if she could that would be wonderful. She might want to do a multi-pronged approach with the topa and have you agree to do counseling or something and wants to talk face to face.

When is your appointment? Please let us know what happens!!! Fingers crossed.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

So Nervous!

Wish you the best...Try not to worry..it will not help and either way you will get it or look elsewhere
      Control the Mind

Comment

So Nervous!

Didit

Good luck I hope there is a yes for you. Let us know how it goes!!!
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

So Nervous!

Best of luck Didit.
          I hope thing go well for you.

Comment

So Nervous!

I wouldn't worry. I bet she just wants to go over the dosage or program etc. Or maybe she wants you to try something else.

let us know how it goes....good luck.:fingers:
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

So Nervous!

WAAAAAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Okay, so I am a little excited. I get to be a guinea pig and be the first person my doc gave Topa to for alcoholism. She wanted to talk about possible side effects and how to lessen them. We talked about going up slowly on the dosage. All the time I just wanted to shout, "I know all this stuff!!! I go to the MWO website and read about this everyday!"

She did mention that she had to put something in my chart about it. She told me that the note in my records read, "spoke about alcohol consumption." That was it and I totally understand that she just needed to cover herself. By that time I was so happy I told her I didn't care if it said "came into the office drunk and slobbering!"

So, today gets to be my day 1...not AF, but day one in believing I can do this for real. I'll let you all know how it goes.

As always, thank you all so much for your support.

Comment

So Nervous!

Oh ya, she wanted me in counseling too. One on one with someone of my choosing. No problem!!! I know I need that as well.

Comment

So Nervous!

Congratulations Didit. Please let us know how the topa works for you..............and I like her tastefully worded writing for the chart.
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

So Nervous!

Good for you! I hope my doc visit goes as well tomorrow for Topa! You did a great job of working with your doctor. Mine just retired so tomorrow is the FIRST visit with a new one --and I spring Topa request on her. YIKES. At least I'm on Campral if she says no....

Congrats, let me know how it goes!
                    sri

Comment

So Nervous!

Awesome....
                      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

So Nervous!

I am so glad it worked out!
                        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

So Nervous!

Concern about Campril rx

I have a prescription for Campril, but am afraid, and this is why!!

I have health insurance, so I figured with my plan it will be 30 - 40 bucks a month. Not a big deal. BUT, I'm really worried about my company's HR department and provider seeing this drug on any of my info. Is that a concern I should have? Will anybody know besides my doctor and pharmacist? I don't want them to always have an eye on me, cause they know I'm a drunk.

Okay, the reason I ask, is because I could ask my doctor to give me Topa instead, and not be as concerned, because they give that for migraines. Anybody give me advice on this? I'm getting the vibe on this website that people here like the Topa more anyway. Thanks.
                          where does this go?

Comment

So Nervous!

Thats a good question, i have no idea how that works though. Sorry, I am on topa though, I love it.
                            It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                            James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

So Nervous!

Morrison:

Part of the reason I asked for Topa was because it was used for something else. I live in a small town and was worried I 'd get stink eye from the pharmacist everytime I refilled. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but maybe not.

Comment

Working...
                              X