May Day Modders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Day Modders

Let's move it to a new, wonderfully successful month! Success defined by you.

MM - have heard drinking slows metabolism. Bet you are proud of son; staying and working beats him lying around house, yes? And hanging around golfers isn't bad at all.

RB - Glad low carb is working for you. Do you feel good on it? Right now I'm using Brit author Paul McKenna's approach in his book I Can Make You Thin.

DG - good job on Sun. How was Mon?

Nutmeg - how's it going?

Yest I played 18 holes. Changed shoes and went to Fitness Center (FC), used ET for 15 min and biked for 30. Came home & started doing an old Firm tape, Firm V. 2, just the floorwork section. Had to quit because legs kept cramping. Made sure I got my 3 Viactiv calcium tabs in yest, drank tonic water and last night was 1st night in a long time did not wake up with leg cramps. Oh, AF too. Do you think that might have something to do with it? LOL

TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

May Day Modders

Thanks for starting a thread for May, TMH! I am NOT fond of exercise, but I DO enjoy hearing about all your activities...and I appreciate your words "success defined by you." In the end, it's that person in the mirror we are responsible to (and for!) Presently I am trying to limit my AL indulgence to purely social occasions, when away from home, seems to be working ok for now. Happy month of May to us all! F
    . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

May Day Modders

Hi All,

It's been quite some time since I last posted, but I realized this evening that it's been a year since I got back to moderation after a bad stretch. I caught up on the recent messages and it looks like everyone is doing well and working hard at modding. This was an incredibly encouraging act and I was very pleased to see how so many of you have incorporated exercise/weight loss into your daily routines. Likewise, I have been forcing myself to get to the gym on weeknights if I am out of work while it's open, and also to make the gym a mandatory component of my weekend activity.

It feels fantastic having a full year without blackouts or debilitating hangovers. From reading everyone's posts, I have learned to identify situations ripe for binge drinking and have approached them mindfully and cautiously.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Comment

May Day Modders

Happy May one and all! Thanks for kickin' it off for us TMH. You seem very busy. I used to do the Firm workouts too. I had about 15 of the workouts and would do those soley. But since we have moved into a smaller house, I went back to the gym. But I loved those workouts.

Welcome Dave and FP. Seems like you are both doing well in your modding. Keep up the good work.

I am plugging along. AF all week with my normal trips to the gym. Don't think I can do arms today though. My barn cat scratched me so I went and got a Tetanus shot and my arm is killin' me. Owwwwww....:upset: I have a challenging weekend coming up. My cousin has a Derby party every year and I always go way overboard. I do not want to do that this year. Actually the only safe thing for me to do is to not have even one. That one tips me over. I am struggling with this right now and I have to find some way to keep it together. I think it would be a lovely feeling to stay af at that party. I would love to wake up feeling great. I think I have to keep that vision in my head maybe. Right?

Have a great day! How is everyone else?
        MM
        "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

May Day Modders

Hi modders,

TMH I was planning to do an af yesterday but ended up having a few drinks, but I'm af today.

welcome farfalla, it sounds like your modding is going really well, good luck for may and keep checking in to let us know how you are going

eastcoastdave it sounds like your modding is going great long term. I definitely think modding takes time and practice to get right.

MM, ouch, those tetanus shots hurt don't they, last time I had one of those my arm was sore for weeks

glad to see so many on board already for a great may!

Comment

May Day Modders

Hi everyone,

Its always great to read up on everyone's posts. I find them so helpful.

Anyway I have lost a good solid four pounds of fat in three weeks and I am looking much better for it. I have stopped doing the low carb diet as I find it too extreme. Too many eggs!
            And yes you lose alot of weight initially but its mainly water weight. So I am basically sticking to 7500 cals a week ( eating bread pasta etc ijn moderation) and its working. I am also exercising like a demon during the week. I actually enjoy the buzz I get from exercising too.

Hey THM I like this bodyfat monitor you have. i have a heart rate monitor which shows calories burned and my heart rate ofcourse. But yours seem more elaborate. I wonder if I can purchase this in the UK. Who is the manufacturer?

Well it's friday and I allow myself to drink this weekend. I wil be carefully monitoring my calorie intake this weekend so NO binge drinking for this lady.

I may even go to the gym on saturday...thats a first.
            x
            Be strong-
            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
            Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

May Day Modders

Hi guys, I'm going to start checking in here if you all don't mind, just for some accountability for keeping my drinking in check, because I really don't have accountability to anyone else but myself and sometimes I slip up and really fail myself. I'm 23, male and a full time university student, for some background.

I've actually been keeping track of my drinking for about a year on a calender in an attempt to gauge and then moderate my habits which were definitely starting to get out of hand. Last summer was definitely the heaviest of my drinking career with almost daily drinking and 6-10 binge drinking episodes a month. I've been progressively getting that number down to last month which was my best month yet, with only 4 binge drinking episodes and often going several days at a time without any drinks at all. By the way, when I say "binge drinking episode" I'm not talking state alloted guidelines, but what it takes to personally give me a hangover; upwards of 8 to 12+ drinks. Reading what I've typed just there makes me feel a bit disgusted and shameful.

After a particularly terrible hangover on April 28th (I basically spent the whole day reading this forum and feeling like garbage) I vowed that I wouldn't have a single drop for the month of May but as I dried out a bit I realized that might be unrealistic so I've decided that I will instead avoid any binge drinking episodes. I managed to go AF for 6 days, and then a friend dropped by last night unannounced and we drank 2 beers each, which I don't feel bad about.

So that's my piece, and I feel like this is a very attainable goal. I know the situations (and the people) I have to avoid as solo binge-drinking at home is something I almost never do. A friend has invited me to his friend's party on saturday and while I considered not going, I've figured that since these are people I don't even know that I will probably be able to keep myself in check and not drink too much out of fear of making a bad impression and embarassing him.

I wish you all a Moderate May, Renton

Comment

May Day Modders

:welcome: Renton. I wish I was as wise as you at your age. If I had the insight that you do now, I would not be on this site trying to conquer some of the problems I have with AL. Do not be too hard on yourself. From what I read, you seem to have a great plan in place and more importantly, you recognize your drinking may be getting out of hand and that you want to be proactive about it. My hat is off to you. Great job on only those 2 beers last night. I absolutely believe in accountability. It has helped me tremendously in that area by sticking to these boards. I think you are well on your way to controlling your drinking. Stick close by and set up some tools to help you through those difficult times. I am usually on here daily and if you need someone to talk to or a shoulder to lean on, please don't hesitate. You can PM me too. We are a small group and don't always post daily but we are here nonetheless. It is so much better that you are catching this at your age than waiting until later in life and possibly having it escalate even more. I think it gets harder as you get older. Here is a hug for you. :l
                MM

Comment

May Day Modders

Oops. Almost forgot. :goodjob: Rebirth on losing those 4lbs. I bet you feel so much better. I had tried a low carb diet as well and lost a ton of weight but I paid the price. I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without getting out of breath. I quickly got off that program and just try to not over do it with the carbs now. Awesome!

Have a great mod weekend everyone! :waving:
                  MM

Comment

May Day Modders

hi all
                    i have not been here for awhile, too busy, going through stuff as well. I am also isolating myself, as I do, even here. I am just saying hi. I really like all the hope and the sense of moving forward that everyone has.
                    I sure would love to lose 4 pounds!!
                    L

Comment

May Day Modders

Cinco de Mayo - went to annual party. Had 1 marguerita, a little bit of wine that I ended up tossing. Just don't feel like drinking tonite. Hello????? Came home early and dh & I are going to watch The Iron Lady.

Welcome to all the newcomers, FP, Dave, Renton! Love to have you stop by, stay with us, won't you?

MM - thinking of you at the Derby party, sure you're doing fine. At party, PGA golf on, but then switched to Derby and, of course, there were bets. We didn't bring any money so weren't part of it.

Dave - wish I could say no blackouts. Unfortunately, that is not the case for me. It seems to take so little these days. Anything over 2 gl of wine. Don't like that; you can be proud.

RB - you can research my monitor at bodymedia.com. I do like it except for inputting the food part. Also, it would help if they speeded up their website a bit. It does provide valuable info.

Renton - OMGoodness, you are so smart to see through all the BS of too much AL. You almost make me feel ashamed. You use a calendar??? I do too but only an "X" through the date of an AF day. Which I actually wish I could have done tonite. It would have been easy; I just didn't feel like drinking. But I do have 2 X's for May - more to come!!

Hi Lila! So good to see you back. Don't make it so brief this time, ok? We're here to help each other so whatever it is that you're going through feel free to share. Talked to my son in your part of the U.S. the last 2 weekends and I think it was raining last weekend and today. Ugh! It's gotten pretty hot here already.

Ok, off with my glass of water to watch the movie!

TMH

Comment

May Day Modders

Thanks for the recognition and advice guys.

So I went to a party last night, and I did drink. I drank less than I normally would have, but still a fair amount, I think around 6 beers. I'm not hungover this morning so I don't feel like a total failure, but a part of me feels like maybe I should have skipped the party because I didn't really get much out of it. But I told a friend I'd go with him, and I don't really like to back out on my friends.

One thing I noticed at the party, which was kind of an eye opener: The host's boyfriend, a young guy, mid-20s. He was a skinny guy, but he had one of those massive, hard and distended beer guts, kind of like this: http://ecochildsplay.com/wp-content/...egnant-man.jpg

He was showing it off to his friends and making them laugh which I didn't find funny, but surreal. I wanted to take him aside and tell him that his gut was like that because his liver was swollen and crying for help, but he didn't seem like the type who would even care and I was a guest, so I didn't want to be rude. Just more motivation not to drink.

Now that I've got the weekend out of my system, I'm ready to get down to my coursework and go AF for a few days, maybe even until next weekend. Cheers guys.

Comment

May Day Modders

Hi all,

I would like to join your group if I may.

I'm still to get to a regular modding stage.

I drink every night, usually 2 ciders and then champas, wine or weak gin & soda's - I'm not working at the moment and not having to get up early usually means an extra couple every night.

My hubby drinks more than me and fell down the stairs last night - I don't want to be like that.

I just want to enjoy a couple of drinks and not crave the bloody stuff. I tried Baclofen a couple of years back, but the tiredness was a shocker.

Any modding tips are gratefully accepted.
                          Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
                          :h ya
                          Trix

Comment

May Day Modders

By the way, cutting way back on sugar is awesome for weight loss - and wine, especially red wine is very low sugar, so you can still have a couple.

I have lost 1.2kg (about 2.6lb) just from reducing my sugar intake - I didn't even exercise much.
                            Time to whip AL's Ass :b&d:
                            :h ya
                            Trix

Comment

May Day Modders

Welcome Trix! By all means join us. Do you plan to get some AF (alcohol free) days in? What is your plan to moderate?

I've been on an every other day pattern which I plan to break today. I want to and plan to get some AF days strung in a row.

TMH

Comment

Working...
                              X