Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Saturday May 5

Good morning, wonderful abbies,

Woke up late today ... Feeling great for it. The French press is full, help yourselves.

Not planning on doing much today, just cooking. Hubby finished his bottle of grappa last night, I am not going to buy any. i wonder how long it's going to take him to buy one himself.

Sending you some glorious spring sun.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Morning Shue and all to follow.

Thanks for the coffee.

It's a lovely day here and I feel great to be sober. mr Sausage drinks grappa too (as well as wine - in fact he drinks anything !!) but it has never appealed to me .i was purely a wine drinker.

I've a busy day, got to take the kids to two different parties, lots of household jobs lined up to do too.

Back later.

Have a great AF day everyone.

Sausage x
    Day 72

Comment

Morning folkies

Cheers for zie coffe Shue, all good here in sugarbeatland, I'm boppin off to a festival (The festival of Fires) today, its like burning man mets braveheart if you can imagine that Its only a small one about 5000 people, its on one of the historic hills in Irelands where the high kings held their seats. It works around the Bealtaine(May) festival where massive bonfires would be lit on the hill and also on about 100 hills that can be seen from it, its pretty hippy dippy with a mix of music, culture, arts and fire! Visually it should be pretty amazing

If you hadn't gathered I'm pretty excited about goin, love this stuff, I'm a bit of a festival goer, music ,art and culture and all that stuff that goes along with it are kinda passions of mine and not to overuse the word, light a bit of a fire in me! But also with these things come drink, so it is a wee biit of a test, but I don't like the word test, i've no intention of drinking, I'm kited out with my tool kit but I do hope i enjoy it and don't get all conscious and feel like an odd one out for not drinking. Any extra pearls of wisdom to send meon my way?

Ok that's me for now my friends, not goin for a few hours, so shall checkin later but in the meantime have a super May Saturday one and all
      "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Good morning Fabbinis!

It's before 6am here:egad:

In last night's news: My son and his g/f (who is on the verge of becoming his fiance) have decided that they've made a mistake with giving their baby up. Not sure if you remember, but what was meant to be an open adoption ended up being a shared custody agreement between the two of them and the woman who raised the little one until now. They're taking steps to take him to live with them. I'm having very mixed feelings about it... really not sure if/that they're ready to put the parties on ice to care for a little one, also not sure that my son isn't putting pressure on his g/f, who by her own admission has no maternal instinct at all.

There had been a lot of tension between the adults in this (the woman and her husband split up, she moved 6 hours away with the little one) and I guess it came to a head yesterday. It actually reads a bit like a high school drama; I guess the woman doesn't want to see them and demanded that I come pick the little one up Which I really can't; neither time wise, nor money (gas) wise. That's easily a $300+ trip and completely out of my realm this month.

Anywho... I may try to go back to bed for a little while. Or wait until it's fully light out and head into the yard

Wishing you all a great Saturday with NO grappa! *yuck* That stuff tastes like bad medicine, anyways! :H
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Good Saturday Morning!

Shue- I bet you're glad to get that Grappa gone. My hubby would go a long time with out buying any himself but he would order a beer now and again in a restaurant. He and I are VERY different in our (former) drinking patterns.

Sausage-you sound like a busy bee!

Sugar- that festival sounds incredible. Are you taking any pics.? It will be a gorgeous sight to see. Have fun!

Sunni- that sounds like a very tough situation for all involved. I can't even imagine.

Taking DD for a haircut then come home to... wait for it.......CLEAN. I'm leading one exciting life lately. We have a showing later today with hopefully more. Next week I'm heading out of town. I have serious
          reservations about whether my family will keep this place show- ready. Dirty underwear need to make
          it ALL the way into the hamper. Hanging on the side does not count. And with that tidbit, I'm off.....

Have a great day everyone.
          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Good morning, Abbers!
            Pretty tired here, and looking at walking and feeding the neighbors' dog, then getting ready to watch a friend's shop all day. Repeat tomorrow. At least the shop will be a relief from the last two weeks of unpacking and putting things away at my "real" job! Yesterday we got 38 BIG boxes--two trucks delivering at the same time! We just looked at each other and said "Ah-that is what the owner means by being "buried!" Luckily my friend is coming in on Monday, and we will also hopefully see the other woman the owner hired. We are scheduled to open next Friday for the weekend, and somebody is supposed to come to help us for those days to learn the cash register/computer system. SO I will have to take some time off during the week, which means I'll be at my friend's shop and/or the flower shop. Boy, not long ago I had no job, and now I have more than I'd like:H My friend is also coming to the (second) shop today and will see if she feels comfortable enough to do a day or so by herself. She is happy to get away from her husband, so is looking forward to this.
            Sugar, just remember how hard you have worked to get to this point while you are at your festival. It's a new feeling to enjoy things sober that we only "enjoyed" before while drinking. But once we get through them, I thnk that we are stronger and ready for the next challenge. You have come so far and your whol attitude is so positive!
            Saucy, huge congrats on all the days you've achieved! So nice to read your posts every day.
            Ugh, Sunni! Do not envy your situation re son and girlfriend and child! I never had children, but can imagine that this is just so hard on you. It's too bad that a girl with no maternal instincts didn't think a bit more before having a baby! I hope this all resolves for you.
            Almost, a day of cleaning sounds good to me! I'm lucky that Mr TDN takes care of that! Good luck with the showings!!
            I had an appointment with a foot guy yesterday and he is 99% sure I have plantar fasceatis (sorry about spelling.) I will be getting custom orthotics to the tune of almpst $400, but if it stops the pain in my feet, it will be well worth it! Won't be able to wear stylish shoes much, but had many years of that. LOL! Also got a call from the jeweler yesterday, and replacing the one (out of five ) diamond in my ring will cost $350--as opposed to the $450 they quoted the day before I need to tell Mr TDN the truth and get him to search for the diamonds I have somehwere here. Otherwise, I will put this thing on hold. Not so sure I trust the jeweler now.
            Okay, off to throw on some clothes and head next door to feed/walk the cute Sheltie.
            Back later!
            "One day at a time."

Comment

Hi to Shue!!! Will we sample some of that cooking later???
              "One day at a time."

Comment

Morning Fabbers-being a bit lazy at the moment since I don't have to leave until 12 but will be ramping up in a bit.

Sugar-you will have tons of fun at that festival! Burning Man meets Braveheart huh? As long as there are no beheadings it should all be fine! What I think you will discover is that you will be in the majority of non drinkers! Yep, totally true! Drinkers always make up the minority but because we were so focused on getting it, drinking it and getting more and more, it seemed like everyone was doing the same thing!! Not so! Please check in when you get back and let us know how it went!

Almost-no envy here for keeping your home show ready. Yuck. Imagine doing that with 3 dogs and 2 cats which is what I did in 2006. No one could come in unless I was there and had at least an hour prior to tidy up. I was working full time too. No wonder it didn't sell :H! Next time I will have moved out and the house will be almost empty.

Shue-thanks for the coffee but I do prefer Tea. May I make a humble request? Hope you are feeling better today!

Sausage-what is grappa? Have fun with the kid parties!!

TDN-wow! talk about when it rains it pours! I hope you are not running yourself too ragged but I do get how grateful you are right now. What did I miss about the diamonds???

Sunnibutt-I''m so sorry to hear about the angst going on with a little babe in the middle of it all. I will be sending pings out that all works out for the best for everyone. BTW-my sister had no maternal instincts at all and was the last person I ever thought would have kids. Now look at her!! Of course she didn't have to say good bye and not be a FT mom when her first was born but I'm betting once they have their child back FT attitudes will change. I hope.

First training gig today up in NH. It's supposed to stay rainy and fairly cool all day so I think I'll bring Mickey. He'll be fine in the car for the four hours I'm in the store and maybe they will invite him in. I've got the soft crate and lots of bones/kongs for him. I think it would be good for him to get away from DD for awhile. He seems to like traveling alot.

Guess I should get busy. Will check in later.
                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hi
                  I'll have to grab my coffee and run - thanks Shue!
                  Sorry guys, its the first sunny day in ages here and there are heaps to do like washing, gardening etc. I'll check in properly later.
                  ITIFS though...
                  Hugs and positive thoughts to everyone.
                  :h

Comment

Good unhung Saturday morning Abbers!

Haven't done a darn thing yet but drink coffee & I'm good with that

shue, can't wait to hear what you're cooking up today!
                    I had to look up grappa - looks like pure poison to me.......

Sausage & sugar, hope you both enjoy your busy day

Almost, I think I'd hire a housekeeper to take care of the house while you're away! Mind you, I've never had a housekeeper but there's a first time for everything, right? :H Sounds like the perfect time!!

TDN, ouch on the feet friend!
                    Surely the orthotics will bring you some relief, wishing you the best!

Sunni, how sad about the baby!
                    I know it would take a team of horses to keep me out of that situation
                    I hope everything works out for the best - for all of you :l

papmom, have fun today on your doggie adventure!

Guess I should decide what I'm doing today & get started.
                    Have a great day one & all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ding ding, dinner is ready.

Everything is slow cooked today since I had the time: roasted aubergine mash, melt in your mouth ribs and creme caramel. Also tzatziki and a big Greek salad, feeling a wee bit like Greece today.

Sunni, big hug to you, no words of wisdom here other than God moves in mysterious ways. It will all work out in the end.

Hugs to you all
                      workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Wow lots happening in Fabtown.

Im just breezing through.

I dont remember all whats gone on here, so only hitting the things my brain can process, sorry if miss people and dont wish to offend.

Sugar, I bet you have a FAB time and try not to get too disgusted by drink eegits.

Shu, well done on the Grappa. I have noticed my hub drinks a lot less.

Sunny, that is a big quandry all right. I watched my daughter have two kids with no really good reason to trust the father to pull his weight, and it ended badly for her. So i sympathize with the helpless feeling a grandparent gets, I try not to get drawn in, but I ended up doing too much. I didnt approve, but I stil love my little grand kids, and they are a marvelous treasure, each of them.

Ms Beester, meet you in the garden, I love being out in the spring / fall.

Hey, Lav, Pap, TDN and all to come....

I had a brush with AL death, but dodged it. I watched an old man weaving on the road a head of me. He kept slipping into the oncoming lane, and other cars and big transports and stuff were giving him a wide berth. I keeped signalling and flashing and when he pulled over into a big pullout by the dam (we have very scary roads here...) he had an oxegen line to his nose, and reeked of AL so bad at 12 noon, he opened the door, staggered out, and said he needed a nap NOW. So I said youve been drinking buddy so go sit on the passenger side and call your family to come and get you NOW. Ima waiting till they arrive. He was completely chagrined, and did just that. I waited until a harrassed looking young woman with a baby showed up in a beat up volvo. She looked mad as hell. She glared at me. I said, please help this gentleman home before he kills himself or somebody else, and I just drove off. Last I saw of them, he was getting in the back seat with his oxegen tank. I have never done that before. Was I wrong? Should I have minded my own business. I was pretty sure he was going to drift somebody in his little car and be vaporized right before my eyes.

Kas
                        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Shue-YUM!!!! I'll be right over.

Kas- you did a very brave thing IMO. You may have saved a life.
                          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Thanks Almost, I wasnt sure and felt kind of crappy because I got such a black look from the young woman with the little kid (daughter?) who showed up.

I am thinking of you cleaning to try to sell, while I am trying to tidy up after my 21 year old. I think I would have to move the entire household OUT. Mr Kaslo is notorious packrat. Little Kaslo is a little piglet.

We have a blackbear on the decks in the flower beds every night right now, and she wanders off and leaves the kitchen door wide open...... one of these days we will find a black bear in the kitchen.

Not good.
                            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Kas- Bears are beautiful (albeit a tad frightening) animals. I can't believe you have them so close. That's amazing!
                              I'm waiting for DH to get home with our takeout dinner so we can watch the Derby. I'd rather eat Shue's ribs. Oh wait, that didn't sound right!

Good night all!
                              AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Working...
                              X