sri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sri

Okay, I guess I just have to jump in to start, yes? On my own, I've tried to go cold turkey since last Saturday. 4 1/2 AF. A record lately for me.

My drinking has progressively gotten worse over the last two years to the point where I drink every day, one to two bottles of wine until I can't remember what I've done, where I've been, what I've said. My family is sick of my attempts to "cut back" or quit. I've lost their trust - and deserve to as I've hid empty bottles everywhere hoping they think I only drink a little bit and become this stupid. I'm educated, an executive, a "success" to the outside world -- but I'm really just a mess. It's harder and harder to conceal and it's starting to affect my job - it's already affected my kids and my marriage. I've searched all over for a private treatment alternative - what can you trust out there. There's SO much, promising so much. But I've chosen this one to start -- I have to start somewhere, sometime.

I've been on Campral since Nov but drinking. I go to my doc tomorrow and will ask about Topamax. I've ordered the book, CDs, sups, etc.

They should arrive in a day or two....help me start you guys...help me just start....:new:
    sri

sri

Sri, Welcome!!! Sounds like you are ready for this change. We are here to support you. Read a lot of the posts, share your feelings, take the supplements. You can do this. I am glad you struck up the gumption to join us.....
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

sri

:welcome: SRI and :goodjob: coming here.
      This can be done.
      Continue adding to your "tool" box and let us know how you're doing.

:l Nancy
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

sri

SRI:

Welcome to this fabulous site. I too am very succesful in my working life. I have a loving husband and two beautiful daughters, a nice home and lovable pets....I am also an alcoholic. I thought I could hide it from everyone, but I could never hide it from myself. You will find ways to get the help you need here. I am glad you ordered the book, supps, etc. I actually had to read the book twice..why? Because I was drunk the first time! I am actually going to the doc today in hopes of getting Topa. Sounds like we have a lot in common! I look forward to hearing more from you about your journey. Welcome aboard!!!
        Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

sri

You all responded so quickly. Thank you. I have tears -- of hope. Thanks so very much. I already don't feel so very alone!
          sri

Comment

sri

You'll never be alone here, Sri.

Amazing how well we think we 'hide' our problem, isn't it? Except the only person we're really fooling is ourselves....

I'm not sure it's so much a matter of finding who or what you can trust, but more finding what works for you. Read the book, visit here often and take the sups. Like you said, you've got to start somewhere, right?
            Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

sri

Sri, Welcome to MWO!!!
              we are glad you found us, and from my experience you started at the Right Place!
              Everyone here can relate to what you posted today...You are off on the right foot already with some AF days and the book and sups and CD's coming...While yo wait for them read as many posts and threads as you can on here...that is what started to change my mindset and helped me Believe I could break the chains...

Come here often and ask lots of questions...

Blessing to you!
              Control the Mind

Comment

sri

Hello Sri and welcome, there is a load of good advice in those replies, and you definetely have come to the right place...Just to repeat what Rocky has said, Believe in yourself and believe that you can do this...

Good luck, Louise xx
                A F F L..
                Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

sri

Thanks... my MWO stuff should be here tomorrow. I've already downloaded the book and read it...now the first few steps. Even being AF for five days, I feel better - if only to have not let myself down again. I know my family is skeptical. They don't mention "it" - that Mom hasn't had a drink in five days. It's as if they feel they'll break the spell if we talk about it; me too. I'm afraid to acknowledge five days of sobriety because I've failed so many times before. So tentative, these first few steps. But at least they are in the right direction for today. And I've found some people who understand. What a Valentines Day gift! May be the best one ever ---
                  sri

Comment

sri

sri, just one more thing, I've said this before on here.. Start with baby steps..Have you ever watched a baby learning to walk? It takes a few steps, falls down on its bottom, then what does it do? stays there? of course not, it pulls itself up and carries on, no matter how many times it falls, that baby always gets back up to try again, probably because a baby hasn't heard that word failure...

And just remember, the man who has the world record for being the fastest runner ever..... STARTED WITH THOSE BABY STEPS..

You can do this,
                    Louise xx
                    A F F L..
                    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Working...
                    X