Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Sunday, May 6

Good morning, fellow fabbies,

I am finally getting the break I so desperately needed. I just love hanging around in my garden, in my swimsuit, no longer care about my belly. The sun on my skin feels just too good.

Soooo French roast for you coffee heads, decaf for sugar and a nice pot of tea for Pap ... We also have French toast this morning, Sunday tradition.

Turn, apologies for all the food talk, I know you are approaching the end of you tether when you crave broccoli. Once you camped out in Cranckyville, take out the measuring tape and put it around your waste again.

Kas, that was awesome ... Poor woman with baby was probably secretly hoping that the guy meets a swift end. OMG , that bear !

Almost, wish you luck with the house. I have friends in UK who hired this professional team (kind of Ann Maurice style) to prepare their home for sale - i.e. Declutter and repaint in a unoffesnive magnolia shade. They went on a cruise while this was on and came back to basically a brand new house they did not think they had. Liked it so much, ended up not selling.

Kisses to the rest i have not mentioned, i am afraid of losing the post again ( ipad be dammned).
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

AF Daily - Sunday, May 6

Thanks for the coffee Shue. And for giving workaholic self you a break. If I was your body I would get sick more often to get attention Well I mean that in a tongue in cheek way off course and not in a you need to be sick more often kind of way. Just chilling out can be really good for the soul. And as women, hanging out in our cossies without worrying about our tummies is about the best thing we can do for our egos. So proud of you!

And well done for stopping Kas
    . I think his daughter was just tired of cases like that and also scared you may call the cops. You did it because you cared and I think that is brilliant. And I think I would have a heart attack if I found a black bear in my kitchen. Your house sounds like the Little House on the Prairie! Thats the last time I read about someone encountering a bear! Love that book though. I had my last ex read it to me as bed time stories on Sunday nights. That and the Moomin books, not sure if you know them.

Hi to everyone else, sorry for not commenting on everyone's stories, I promised myself to take a break this weekend as I've just spent too much time at the computer last weekend and I have so much that I want to do.

I want to make 16 little sprouting hemp bags today to sell at next weeks market and its Sunday so I have to feed the parents. I doubt I will stay long because I want to protect myself, but I'll make sure they get some good fatty fish, wholesome baked potatoes and then a variety of nice salads and herbs straight from my garden.

I'm also going to make a little catnip worm from an old jersey sleeve for the kitties. I discovered Charlie boy loves it as he went all crazy last night but I want to hide the catnip inside the worm he doesn't gobble it up in seconds.

I'll be back to my old PC hugging self tomorrow.

Lots of hugs to everyone.
    :h

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday, May 6

Morning Shue Dizzy and all to follow.

Kas - loved the bear picture! Fortunately we don't get any of those on the East Coast of Scotland! And just wanted to say I think you did the right thing stopping that guy , he could easily have hurt / killed someone or himself- his daughter was probably just v embarassed.

Sorry not got time to really comment on anyone else's stories, but I did read and I wish u all a wonderful AF day.

Will look in again later.

Sausage x
      Day 73

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday, May 6

Just a quick wee checkin, morning folks

I had a great day yesterday, but wreaked, AF of course, there was drinking goin on but nothing messy, kinda realised I do wish I could drink normally like others but even before I classed myself as alcoholic, I hadn't drank without it being in some way mentally distrubing in a long time so that sqwishes the euphoric recall, I'm just not made for it. I'll try checkin later when I have more life in me, got an aa meeting in an hour so must ready myself for that too,

Have a wonderful day one and all
        "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday, May 6

Good morning Shue, Dizzy, Sausage and Sugar!

Dizzy- I meant to ask what 80's movies you saw. I loved Risky Business, 16 Candles and Breakfast Club.

Shue- that is pretty funny that they ended up staying. I'm not sure if I have room for breakfast since
          your dinner was so filling. What on earth is cream Carmel? Is it like Creme Br?l?e?

Turn- your weightloss is incredible. Your hard work sounds like it's really paying off. Great job!

Sugar- great work staying af at the festival.

Kas- fantastic shot of the bear. That's a little too close for comfort.

Sunni- black flies? Yikes!

Hi to Lav, TDN, Mum, Momof3, Fly, Papmom and all the rest of you wonderful peeps.

I'm offee for coffee.
          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday, May 6

Good morning Abbers,

Thanks for waking us up Shue - love the French roast ~ my favorite

Greetings to Dizzy, Sausage, sugar, Almost & everyone!

Not sure what I'm doing yet today. Started my day like that yesterday & ended up getting a lot done so maybe that's the secret - for me anyway :H
            Seems like everytime I make a plan for the day someone shows up to screw it up, oh well.

Hope to see at least a little sunshine this afternoon. The good thing about the cloud cover is that it blocked the supermoon last night. I was afraid that sucker would keep me upi all night :H

Have a great AF Sunday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday, May 6

Hey Everyone

Almost, I was born in '79 so grew up in the 80's and all my friends seem obsessed with all things 80's, music and movies. I think it's a bit like a car crash, you don't want to look but you can't help looking either We watched Repo Man and Near Dark because my friend has darker choices in movies but I love your choices. Repo man was really funny but Near Dark was a bit too bizarre for me - 80's white trash cowboy vampire movie, anyone?

Anyway, I think the bf situation is coming to a point. If you're tired of listening to the saga, please feel free to skip it, I won't blame you. I'd just like to ask everyone that read it to just listen and not give advice. Obviously you can comment, I just don't need anymore advice. Its not that I don't value your advice, its just that it hurts too much right now, and I have had advice from 20 different people. But I want to get it out of the way today as this and the Topa thread are my two 'homes' on this site. I share things here that I don't share with anyone in my real life. And I know if I mention it tomorrow people will keep mentioning it and I will keep getting upset. I also have a cold and I have lorry loads of work for tomorrow. So if everyone can just listen, I would really, really appreciate it.

I already shared this somewhere else, so I'm just going to paste it again. I was telling someone how I appreciate how we support each other and even though we may fall, we get back up, and we keep fighting.

Long story short, I sent him an email that I need more from him and the email fell on what he calls his 'second birthday' not his real birthday but the day his mom thought he was born. (Catholic, 6 kids, long story) Of course, a crap load happened on his real birthday 3 days prior when I did send him an eternal love rune keyring to celebrate our first house together. We ended up being one day to get that house and he phoned me and said that it was very thoughtless to give keyrings to 'homeless' people on their birthdays. (He lives in a very fancy B&B.)

Anyway...So thats when I fell. Last weekend. After 31 days AF, I went back to drinking because my boyfriend was being an ass after I asked him to drink less. Please note I did not ask him to quit, you can never force someone to quit. The whole weekend was filled with awful fighting etc.

So last night he sent me an email saying he can't forgive me for 'abusing' him on his 'birthday.' And right now, even though it hurts like hell and I'm sad, I genuinely feel like I have handled this in a grownup way, and there is something beautiful in there.

When I get drunk, I get overemotional and nasty and off kilter. I do sometimes look for arguments and attention and fights. And then I feel awful the next day, as if I deserved whatever I got in return.

Now I just feel like I am the person who have grown in the relationship and he is the person who feel left behind. I gave him a nudge and he feels hurt. If he wants to be with me he will man up, otherwise there is someone better out there for me.

Yes, this may not be over, and yes, if it is, it will hurt for another couple of months to come, but having this amount of clarity makes it so much easier.

And I think that is what I appreciate most about sobriety.
              It makes me feel like although shit will happen, I am a good person doing my best every day. I am no longer (and this is only my own thoughts reflecting on myself) this sad, confused, broken person who acts out and then hides her shame behind alcohol.

Thanks for listening :l And thanks for being there for me. You guys mean more to me than you may realise. :l

:h

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday, May 6

Dizzy, have just read your last post.

Not going to give any advice here - obviously only you can decide what to do, but just wanted to say that you have hit the nail on the head with your comment about having more clarity.

That is the way I feel about the way i see my life too ( although to be honest I don't think it happened til I was past 50 days).

I never really understood what people meant by acceppting the things I can't change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference......but I do now.

If anyone applies this to their life, whatever their circumstances are, it makes things so much easier,

That and living in day tight compartments. Don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow( or the burden of worry will get too great) just live in today.

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday, May 6

Thanks Sausage...I think its also because I got help with my long struggle with crippling depression. The first few times I did 21+ days I was truly just faking it till I was making it but I was never making it. I wanted to stab people at AA people who told me how great they were feeling, while I was white knuckling like hell.

The clarity truly is wonderful... so now if only it could stop hurting like f@ck.

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday, May 6

You are in a very difficult / stressful situation at the moment, so it is understandable that things will be very tough. However things wouldn't get magically better if you drank - in fact they will get worse and you won't be able to think round the situation clearly.

This clarity didn't happen to me the first couple of times I quit but both times I had other health issues going on in my life - the first time a hysterectomy, the second I was having health problems due to being unable to consume gluten ( but didn't know it) so both times I didn't give the AF life a chance.

It took beyond 50 days for this clarity thinking this time, but it is happening now. I've only suffered from worry and depression in the last 8 yrs or so but now they are lifting. And it is only in the last 8 years that I have been drinking daily. There must be a link there!!

Don't quit quitting before the miracles start happening.

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday, May 6

Don't worry, this situation is making me more resolved than EVER to stay sober. So I'm not about to fall off. I've had this calm acceptance before and as soon as I drank last weekend I turned from this calm person into a manipulative drunk. So I've never been so grateful for being sober before, I was just remarking that it still hurts. But that is part of life. Miracles are starting to happen and I want to be present for them. Thanks. :flower:

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday, May 6

Good morning Fabunsters. Thanks Shue for starting us up. I was insomnia ridden in the middle of the night and checked your post when it was still morning in Civilization. Alas it is 9:30 in the West Kootenay, far away and bearish, compared to east coast of Scotland.

No advice as requested, Diz, and rain check on the arse kicking for drinking, lol! You've come so far, and Im sorry its been hard recently. we all know what its like to have to cope with a disaster while maintaining our sobriety, and I must say its easier than I ever thought it would be.

Hello to all other correspondents on the AF telegraph service around the world. Rueters for AFs. Do we need to put an APB out for Sydney, Blondie, IJM, Det, Bear, Bean, Marshy, Universal? Or am i out before lunch?

Im off to garden for the day. I counted, I have 24 beds in the top half, and undefined ones on the rivers edge. I weed them all then start again at the first one. I would be going out kayaking but Mr. Kaslo is chained to his desk doing revisions, and may need me. Sincerly hope not, but thats my story. Its beautiful out there right now.

One thing is for sure.... kaslo, Bear-buns be damned.
                        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday, May 6

Hey Kas, that was last weekend, I did confess here and I thought you knew, no new slips or ass kickings required.
                          I think the tone of my post is a bit confusing as I reposted it here and the original post was to cheer up another girl who just relapsed...so I may deserve an ass kicking for being a lazy dizz butt.

Good luck in the garden and with that black bear and lucky you that its morning. Its 7pm here and pitch dark already.

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday, May 6

call off the SWAT team, I've been located! hidy ho AFenators!

been a super slamming week with all my clients fiscals years coming to close and the last minute spending spree in full tilt. good for biz but bad for sleep.

then a big scare when my dear Mum was taken to hospital after losing several liters of blood when an undiagnosed hernia ruptured. she's ok now but came really close to dying where she lay on the floor of her bathroom. thankfully the neighbor lady heard groaning and broke in to find her. yikes! I spoke to her yesterday and tho weak, she's already got her sense of humor back. yay!

Kas, as a man with firm convictions in virtue ethics, I think your actions were noble in dealing with the drunk driver. I'd caution you to be super vigilant concerning your own physical safety when confronting drunk/drugged people as they can lash out violently when confronted about thier intoxication. I deal with police all the time for work and it's very common. a buddy of mine that's an EMT was asking a drunk man if he was ok and the guy lunged at him (surprisingly fast) and badly injured the EMT with a broken beer bottle concealed in a paper bag. thankfully his ride was an ambulance. The wound required a LOT of stiches and was very septic/dirty wound. icky!

Shueaddict, thanks for the coffee kickstart. I was going to hop onto chat last night late but I was sooo tired from hiking and helping a friend on his property all day yesterday. these antibiotics have done something wretched to me. I can most definitely feel it. Must work on rebuilding my intestinal flora.

Dizzy so glad your on track so fast with such dedication

oh, I'm going to experiment with a youtube comedy cooking show. working on the graphics and introduction right now. it's going to be 'very weird' and not a mainstream type of show to be sure
                            as the name of the show may certainly betray: "cooking with dangerous Doctor X"

hmmmmmm

be well everyone!
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Sunday, May 6

Good evening and hooray ... I made it through a day on my own mostly and did not succomb to drink or had to fight it like crazy, surf the urge kind of thing. My good voIce was loud and clear ...

So i am on my terrace again polishing off the last of the strawberry sorbet.

Det and kas, I know we are on the opposite sides of this world ...det, scary stuff about you mom, thank goodness she was found.

Almost - yesterday i made creme caramel, mispelled "cream Carmel" by the grace of autocorrect.

Dizzy, I hail from '76 but have been married a while so zero dating advice from me. Just a big hug, I hear you, take it off your chest.

Hubby's out drinking with the boys, wetting a new baby's head. No sorbet left for him.

Have a nice evening, fabbies, tomorrow brings another week.
                              workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Working...
                              X