Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Monday, May 7

Wakey wakey eggs and bakey ….

Literally, really. I cooked a little fry for my very hung-over hubby who fell into bad company last night (the wrecking Irish crew celebrated a birth and one of their own coming second in a golf competition that Paul McGinley presided). You can guess which one they were more excited about.

As he was gingerly sipping his coffee this morning hubby said he wants to go AF too. I said I’d support him, but I know this would not last. He can moderate and he believes he can moderate, whereas I don’t even want to think about it. But I’ll take any AF time he clocks.

Sooooo , feels a bit like summer already … I am serving coffee on the terrace … French roast for most of us, decaf for sugar, Evco for TND (and Blondie …. Where is she?) and a big pot of tea for Pap. No more sweets and treats, I want no more talk of bear buns.

Have a super duper ultra great week, Fabbies Abbies!!!
    :baaah::baaah::baaah:
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

AF Daily - Monday, May 7

Morning all

Shue, you are truely spoiling us! Careful we don't get used to this and when you go back to working so hard we feel neglected for just getting black coffee every morning

It's nice that hubby wants to take some time off drinking, I suppose support him but be OK with it if he goes back to moderating. Damn Irish! :H (sorry Sugar)

I have a bit of a cold after getting a flu shot. Its Winter here, well Autumn, but it seems like we only have two seasons these days. I also have crap loads of work so I'm going to be good and not hang out online too much today.

Saturday night movie night was so much fun. Just 2 boys and 2 girls, all old school friends. Lots of blankets and scarfs, it was really cold. We ended up talking and laughing over the 80's movies but it was so nice to just hang with friends and 'be' on a Saturday night without missing AL. It was of course fantastic that not one of them missed it either as they're not big drinkers, but unfortunately they are big on junk food - holy moly - you should've seen the snack table! I guess everyone has their vices!

I was just musing to someone who was upset about not feeling ready to accompany her husband to a party. I said the following. I may be generalising but the thought helps me not miss parties!

"I do sometimes miss it when I stay home from parties. But when you are OK with the not drinking and you go to a party... (its not often this has happened to me, say once or twice) I can tell you that drunk people are the pits. Its enough to put you off drinking.

One day when you're ready, go, and hang out with the drunkest bunch towards the end of the night. I don't mean this to be cruel. But you will know that these people will think they are wittier, more intelligent and great conversationalists at this point. And all you will see is people who are stumbling, forgetting words, being thoughtless. This obviously doesn't happen with people who stop at 2 drinks but I would say it happens to 9/10 people who doesn't or can't stop at 3.

And then the next time husband goes to a party, you'll probably rather want to stay home with a DVD than to hang out there. Well, unless everyone at the party drinks very little. Sorry if I'm generalising here. I had a friend who used to tell me she doesn't go to parties as drunk people are the most boring people in the world. It severely annoyed me until I found out she was right."

Happy Monday Everyone!

:h:h:h

Comment

AF Daily - Monday, May 7

Good Monday morning, Shue and DizzyButt and all to come.
      Didn't check in yesterday, although I read all the posts.
      I watched my friend's store both weekend days, although yesterday I only had four customers. Saturday was much better, and my friend came and stayed for a few hours, as she is also going to try to help with that shop. She is starting at the tee shirt place today. So we'll have lots and lots to do!
      Had an unpleasant situation with Mr TDN yesterday a.m. when he finally noticed that I wasn't wearing my rings. He asked--screamed-- why I hadn't told him about losing a diamond--and I told him that it was because I knew what his reaction would be. He almost drove off the road, told me he'd drop me at church and come back for me, then parked the car and followed me in. He was almost hyperventitlating for a bit, and I was afraid he'd make a scene. Sermon was about problems in the family--how appropos! He started mumbling about being the problem with everything, blah, blah, blah. I was very happy to get to the shop for the afternoon. He wanted to go and get a pizza last night, and as we were driving, we passed by the liquor store, and I so wanted to go in and buy a bottle! I was so frustrated. I knew the feeling would pass, and it did, and I guess I have to expect it. At least I know that. That's it, although I am being grilled as I write.
      I hope we hear from all those Kas mentioned who seem to be MIA. Worried about all of you. DG is probably just buried in her end-of-year school work, but --can the rest of you do a quick check in?
      Pap3--how did the demo go? Want to hear all about it! Hope they let you bring your baby in. I have to tell you that I borught one of the jars with the S&C's treats next door when I was looking after the neighbors' dog. He knows them from the past and went beserk when I gave him a few. I put them up in an open cabinet above the kitchen island, and the next morning, the jar was on the floor, hole chewed through plastic and all treats gone!! Not sure if the cats got it down and then dog chewed hole or what!! That's how great the treats/food are:H Hope you got some samples for your kids!
      Okay, enough from me for a while! Need to gear up for another day of work!
      Have a wonderful AF day, all!
      TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

AF Daily - Monday, May 7

Good morning fantastic fabbers!

Shue- good for your hub trying to cut back. Maybe he is starting to see how you've progressed and don't wake up feeling like crap (well not from alcohol anyway) anymore. I hope you're feeling better.

Dizzy- sounds like a very fun weekend. I am sadly one who loves snacks. I know how bad they are but....one thing at a time
        My sober Vegas trip was eye opening. I saw so many intoxicated people that couldn't walk or speak properly. I also saw a girl on a stretcher come out of her hotel room. It made me feel sick.

We received feedback that two families want to buy our home but need to sell theirs first. What a fun process! Please smell my sarcasm.

BTW, I pm'd Blonde on Saturday. She's been very busy but all is well with her.

Have a wonderful day all.
        AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

AF Daily - Monday, May 7

Cross post TDN!! Good morning. Sorry Mr. TDN didn't take the diamond news so well. Glad you didn't stop at liquor store!!!
          I snagged mine on a cart at the grocery store once and held the line up while I got on my hands and knees to find it. Luckily, I only needed the head replaced not the diamond.
          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

AF Daily - Monday, May 7

Good morning, I'm back after a few months away from MWO and would like to join your daily thread. I had a couple of AF weeks under my belt when I was last logging on, and have had no success whatsoever since then, so there you go! I'm so ready to move on and leave this struggle behind me. I can't wait for days 2, 10, 30 and 100 but the only way to get there is to get through today. ..the last Day 1 for this gal!
            ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
            -----------------------------------
            Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

AF Daily - Monday, May 7

:welcome: Irie, here's to a fantastic Day 1! :yay:

TND, its awful to fight on our way to church. Sorry hon, but I'm glad you stood strong. :l

Almost, selling house is one of the most stressful things we can do, so I'm so glad to hear you are doing this proud and sober.

Comment

AF Daily - Monday, May 7

Irie, great to “see” you again. You were super-determined in your 30 days challenge, this crew here has what it takes to see you get well beyond that.

TND - sorry for the hubby rage, it will pass; great on you for not buying any AL, despite feeling all that anxiety.

Dizzybutt, still no time for my garden shots (sorry).

Almost - 2 families liking your house is better than none. Be thankful for that, if they really liked your house they will make things happen at their end.
                workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF Daily - Monday, May 7

Morning abberoos!

Just a quick check in here. I'm doing really well, the DBT treatment is really dealing with my issues and for the first time in a long time I am actually feeling mentally well. Still a long road ahead but at least I'm finally getting somewhere!

I haven't been around much due to the outpatient treatment but I'm still sober, and staying on track. I miss all you guys and soon will be back. We are going up to open the trailer on Saturday (can't wait, my summer oasis) and next weekend is a long weekend in Canada so I get to go up there and just relax for the entire weekend. I am so looking forward to it. As the oldies on this thread now that is where I spend the majority of my summer and it's always so peaceful and has always made me so happy.

I'm off to lunch with a friend today and then back to the facility for the rest of the week. I'll check in again when i get access to a computer but until then now that I love you all and miss you and that I am so proud of all of us for all of our achievements!

Love and hugs,
                  Uni
                  Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                  :h

Comment

AF Daily - Monday, May 7

Hello friends,

I am really glad the weekend is behind me! It was prom weekend and the booster club sponsors the after prom party. Our coalition sponsored the coffee/smoothie bar and I was in charge of that. But having a son that is a Junior meant I also had to help decorate for prom amongst other responsibilities. Everything was a success, I got home about 4am yesterday and I'm still trying to recuperate! It sure brought back some memories from the days when we would party all night. UGH! No way I could do that again!

Shue, I hate it when my hubby tells me he is going to quit or cut down. I always end up watching and wondering. If he just does it on his own without a big announcement it works much better for me.

Glad you are doing well, Uni. Enjoy your time at your trailer.:h

:welcome: Irie!

It is cool and cloudy today and I am having much trouble getting motivated to do anything! I need to get a plan and get going! I do know I quit AL at the right time in my life as there is absolutely no way I could keep up this pace if I were still drinking/smoking!

Have a great af week all!:h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily - Monday, May 7

Good late morning Abbers,

I'm with you on the quits LVT - those bad habits were real energy suckers!!!
                      Glad the prom was a success, great pics

Welcome back to the land of serious abstainers Irie!
                      Get a good plan & a strong commitment in place

No sun around here today so I'll be in Shue's coffee pot all day :H
                      I have been to Curves but not done much else so far.

Dizzy, you are so right about drunk people being boring. I'd rather stay home & take a nap anytime

TDN, sorry about the tension over the diamond but I'm so happy to hear you are staying strong. You have the right tools to do that, don't you?

Almost, I hope your two prospective buyers get into a bidding war over your house - you'll come out the winner!!!!

Uni, great to hear things are working out for you. Keep up the great work!

OK, off to get something (anything) useful done.
                      Have a great AF Monday!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily - Monday, May 7

Hello FABeroos!

I was really wiped yesterday, so didn't elaborate on anything. I went to visit my son at his new place (they moved May 1st)... nice place. It's for sale but I don't think it will sell anytime soon. They're asking way too much. It has a really beautiful addition with lots of potential but isn't entirely finished yet. Anywho.. we had a long chat about everything and I am feeling decidedly better about the two of them taking their son. Also... and it was a good thing I was sitting down... junior apologized for all he put me through during his VERY turbulent teenage years... said, he was really sorry, I never deserved that, and it had been on his mind for a while now. Wow.

Other than that, not much to report from here. Been in the yard over the weekend and stuck working today - I really wish I had some time for the horses. Sigh.

Uni.. good to hear from you and that things are going well, Welcome (back?) Erie, and TDN, I'm so sorry about the ring and hubby's reaction. Uggh. :l

Hello to everyone else and all to come... zoom zoom!
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

AF Daily - Monday, May 7

Hi All!

I have been lingering on this site for a few years now. Not much success with moderating and I feel like my tolerance and consumption have increased quite a bit this year (can easily drink a bottle of wine and even more on weekends). I physically am feeling the effects of drinking on a continuous basis, with a 9 mo break during pregnancy! My liver hurts once in a while and I just feel worn down and depressed more than ever. It scares the crap out of me to never have another glass of wine again, so I will take it one day, one week and one month ay a time! Prayers to all of us dealing with this and I look forward to posting my progress! I will need a lot of support!
                          Thanks!:thanks:

Comment

AF Daily - Monday, May 7

Happy un-hung Monday ABerooooos across the wild frontier

Irie welcome back

Uni so glad you are doing well and sounding good xxxx

Stressed, welcome to a great part of the cyber hood. yes the finality of 'no more' is a stumbling block for many myself included. but after a while I had to come to the undeniable understanding that this is the only way for me to live a happy healthy life. AF is life. and life is good let me tell you

be well everyone
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Monday, May 7

Good morning, all ten minutes of it left in Pacific Standard Time. Same as California. Except colder. And less expensive.

Wow Uni, you sound fab! Glad you found a process that works for you. Welcome back Erie and hi Stressed...Det is right. Its daunting at first. I honestly think AL is like this whispering gossip that is continuously trying to get constant attention and total devotion from us, and as soon as we get to a certain point it loses its Golum-like power over us. I am free. It feels FANTASTIC. I started feeling like this every once in a while at about the second month or so, but it never really became total freedom till recently, and even then, I still hear rustling in the closet, and the darker corners of my house sometime, but I just tell it to feck off.

Hi to all you other guys too. Sorry no time to chat. I have to finish revisions and get into the field next week, and so I will not be around much till June, but will check in as often as I can.

Kaslo
                              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X