Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Tuesday, May 8

Good glorious morning, Fabbies,

Gosh, the spring here is fantastic, long days, plenty of sun and just the right temperature ? about 25 Celsius.

I am serving coffee again on the patio ? this morning I am taking out the top shelf stuff ? Jamaican Blue Mountain especially for Irie; I remember she has a soft spot for Jamaica. Stressed, I am playing barrista most days so please let me know how you take your coffee. There?s decaf for Sugar, tea for Pap and coffee in cup with a straw for fingerless Det.

Stressed, I have tried moderation too ? sometimes I got it sometimes not ? those times things turned UGLY, invariably. I was a bottle of chilled white a night kind of girl ? with yes, a growing tolerance and thirst. I just don?t want to risk it anymore. It took me a long while to accept and actually WANT NOT TO DRINK anymore. It took a lot a reading and educating myself through the experiences of the good people here. ODAT is the way to go. Make sure you have a replacement drink handy, that you don?t go hungry and post post post here when the cravings start.

Ok, I need to get back to work now, wish you all a great Tuesday.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Morning everyone

Gosh Shuegee, you really are spoiling us rotten. Thanks so much for the lovely Jamaican Blue Mountain, I do need some caffeine.

I still got a cold and I really have a lot of work to do today. But I'm going to follow your advice and just sit my butt down and do it. Even writing on this site can sometimes lead my brain down other interesting internet paths...

I won a silly little competition for two movie tickets, popcorn and coke to see the new Johnny Depp movie, Dark Shadows. Am looking forward to it!

But, right, first things first, butt down and start translating. I promise to check in at 5 though and give a proper hello to everyone.

:h

Comment

Thanks Shue for my pot o' Tea the past few days! I sure love my tea!

Dizzy-I don't want to see any posting from you until 5 ya hear!! Have a good day translating!!

Have a great day everyone. Yes Det-at least when I have to get up at Silly O'Clock I feel great after the first 10 min. No more all day fatigue for me!!
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good morning Shue, Dizzy, Papmom(you're early!) and all to pop in,

Hi to Irie and Stressed- please stick around. This is a supportive place that has helped me get 76 sober days under my belt. It feels great!!!

Shue- love the coffee. Isn't spring fantastic? My favorite season is actually fall but Spring runs a close second.

Dizzy- feel better. Very cool to have won some free movie tickets. You'll have to let us know if it's worth seeing.

Papmom- you're an early bird this morning. I think you're picking up a quilt or something right? Sorry if I got that wrong. I'm not fully caffeinated yet!

I'll be MIA for a while. I'm heading out of town for the rest of the week. I'll have my phone so I'll try to check in when I can. Have a great week.
        To all you Momma's, have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! Enjoy!!!!
        AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Papmom- I just saw the thread that you're 2 years af!!!!!

Fantastic!!!! Big hugs and congrats from me. That is remarkable.
          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Quick hi to all and off to find Pap3's 2 yr thread!!! Holy guacamole, Girl!! That is very exciting! Congrats!!
            Met witht he doc yesterday and all my blood work was pefect He did an EKG and that was fine, too! A year ago my liver enzymes were bad and two years ago after an ultrasound, I was told I had a fatty liver. Even my cholesterol, which has always been low, was high. So to be back to normal is suh good news!
            Off to work. Back later!
            Have a happy AF day!
            "One day at a time."

Comment

Shue, I'll take a cup of that Blue Mountain coffee. It may be my last vice! :H. You said something that really captures exactly what I'm feeling lately...I don't WANT to drink anymore. That's different than having to stop. Heaven knows I have no surprises left regarding life as I've known it for the last 20 years, with wine playing a central role. I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store for me now. We are all doing such a great thing for ourselves. Trading happiness, health and self worth for a daily drunken haze... no contest there!
              ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
              -----------------------------------
              Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

TDN- great health news for you. One more great reason to never drink poison again.
                Ok, I'm off to work then on a plane.
                AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

TND, honestly that is GREAT news, I am so happy for you.

And PAP - 2 years is AWESOME. I bow to thee ... :bow
                  workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Good day eh. Shu thanks for starting....well done Diz, love JD...
                    BIG CONGRATS PAP!!!!!!
                    Almost, hope you enjoy your trip...

TDN that IS good news. It was fear of developing those liver pathologies that made me smarten up.

Irie, what youve said is SO important. Thats a huge decision. Once I started to realize that I actually hated the taste and the feel of AL I had had turned a corner. Before that I was as you say having to give it up, but not wanting to.

Big day for me here, ima try and convince a senior person in my client base that we cant work for free or be expected to work for free. Wish we luck.

one thing is for sure. In the old days after this meeting I would have been dosing myself....NOT

kaslo
                    Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

3rd day AF

Thanks so much for all of the welcoming posts!! My coffee drink is an americano w steamed milk;-) i did ok yesterday. I started freaking out about my liver. I have been in such denial for so many years! Yikes! My liver feels inflamed and aches from a long weekend of spirits;-( Does anyone else experience this? I ordered more milk thistle and omega supps. Hope everyone is having a good day!
                      Thanks!

Comment

happy crazy Tuesday ABenators!!

Papmom, mega kudos to you dear! so pleased.

Kas, working for free you say? that's awfully nice

AlmostFamous, happy safe travels to you

Stressed, that URQ (upper right quadrant) pain is common among folk like us. it could also be your gall bladder. in any case, it should gradually clear up as you continue in your AFness. be sure to get choline in your diet from farm fresh eggs as that will accelerate your liver clearing it'self of the backed up fats it's been accumulating.

I just made a batch of grain-free flatbread using hazelnut flour. yummy! it's just fabulous.

off to a meeting, then pack the car for a verrrrry early departure on the road in the am

be well everyone
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers!

Had an 8 am appointment with a vampire so I was up & out early.
                          TDN, good on the test results ~ we'll have to compare when I get mine back

Det, send people to me for fresh eggs - I have plenty
                          Tell me more about the flat bread, think I'll look for a recipe - sounds good!
                          Havea safe trip tomorrow.

Kaslo, no volunteer work - NO!

Greetings to everyone, hope you're having a good day!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all
                            Very late check in from me, been at work, haven't read all of today properly but I wanted to say hi and stay accountable!
                            Good night all
                            Sausage x
                            Day 75

Comment

Ello my friends

Just a quickie checkin for my own good, you know me I do get lazy from time to time ;0

All good here anyhow and will zoom through what's goin on with the rest of you good people tomorrow

Night all
                              "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Working...
                              X