Young Mum of 4 Needs Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it began when I was 7. Dad was working away from home and Mum became a drunk leaving me and my brother alone quite often. Ended up Dad rocked up one night and put me and him in his car with our TV and off we went into the night. It would be another 30 yrs before I saw my Mum. Dad then became a drunk. Married another woman who was a drunk. By 15 I was drinking - 16 engaged and 18 bought my own house. 19 Married and 20 divorced (he left me) At 20 ran away from UK to Australai to "find myself" Found a man I fell in love with (he didnt love me), fell pregnant! When Baby was 4 days old got a call at hospital to say Dad was dying (last rites the wholelot) (alcohol related) flew home with Baby and miraculously helped Dad recover. He gave up the booze just like that without meds or help. a few months later met my present husband, an aussie. My best mate whom I adore. We both had wonderful jobs and our lives were filled with love. We both always drank, him never too much (never seen him drunk ever) but nonetheless alcohol was a part of our daily life. 4 yrs on Baby no 2 arrives followed by news of my 34 yr old brother died suddenly (alcohol & drug related) Dad started drinking again.. I found my birth mother thru Salvos to tell her about her son. Decided time to lose the high powered career and emigrate to aus for good. Baby no 3 was planned and a delight. 3 months later unplanned baby no 4 was a shock. 26 wks into that pregnancy found I had breast cancer,had mastectomy whilst pregnant and had to wait 12weeks for baby to be born before I could have tests. Baby induced very sick - I started chemo/radiation (9 months) immediately and practically life was a living hell. I must have qualified for post natal despression and it was amazing that someone wasnt keeping an eye on my in case I gassed the kids. Its been 5 yrs and I am perfect healthy (physically at least) we moved house to a remote area, our eldest became an extraordinarily high maintenance teenager and our 2 young boys are on duracell batteries. my husband has had 2 redundancies in last 2 yrs and still now no financial stability. Oh and last yr I flew to UK and watched my Dad eventually dying of alcohol - I watched as they stopped putting fluid into him and his body drain. None of the above bothers me. But it must. I look fwd to nothing. The cancer didnt scare me - at least if I was dead I could sleep. I never drank before 8pm (very responsible drunk) now I drink at 5pm knowing I have to drive later to pick up the kids. My husband workrd 14 hrs day. Most nights I've gone thru a bottle of wine before he gets home and then I sneak another half bottle. My surgeon put me on EFFEXOR - taken them 8 weeks. At 1st I thought it was positive cos I felt some peace. Obviously the drinking continued. I started to get excessively drunk very quickly. I looked on the net yesterday and it says this drug is 90% processed in the liver and makes drinking impossible. I woke up yesterday at 3am as I had wet myself. How low can you go. Thank GOD my husband didnt know. I just dont know what my problemis. As Billy Connolly says about people who are trying to lose weight "stop eating the hobnobs" (1 choc bisucuit) I wish to go I had some determination to stop or at least understand why the hell I am so desperate for drink.
    :new: :new: :new:

Wow, I do not know even know how to respond to your story. Lots and lots of sadness, but through it all you have survived and there is a reason for that. You have to believe that. I wish nothing but the best for you and I hope we can support you in your path to feeling better and healthier. :welcome:
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hi WW...:welcome: to MWO! This can be you way out too!!

:goodjob: in telling your story......As Lush said....it is a very sad story but the fact that you are a "survivor" says a lot for you!

Keep reading and educating yourself on what "tool" are available here.
      We have a big heart and long arms to hug you with!

:l Nancy
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

WW
        Drink is a way of dealing with things, and you sure have had more then your share of hard knocks, stress, and struggles.

Welcome to MWO! Here you will find many who have been are at the point in their life where something in their heart and mind is telling them that alcohol does not make them better, nor does it make life better, nor does it help the things that seem to be a cause for drink go away...it makes all things much worse. So we are here in various stages of the battle to break free form alcohol.

The MWO program is a very good one. As you read here you will see many successes. You will also see many steps forward and a step back here and there but overall the journeys continue for the better.

Folks here are very understanding and helpful. Read the book, start the program, ask questions, share your fears..and all will reach out to help...

May God bless you as you seek peace form alcohol and the struggles of life.

Rocky
        Control the Mind

Comment

Welcome WW.

This is gonna take some effort. As you know. But start with a step. The journey follows in bits and pieces. You've taken a step by showing up here, and typing out that part of your story.

I'll bet there's more. More that says how neat of a person you are. How you smile inside at life now and then.

And there's more here, too. I'm a water advocate. I say try filling the glass with water as much as you can.

And keep coming back here. And sharing. And trying whatever you think might help.

Things bother you. They matter to you. And that's the first tool to fix this deal. Welcome.

None of the above bothers me. But it must.

Comment

WW, I wish I could walk right up to you and give you a big hug. :l You have been through so much in your life already. You have to give yourself credit for being so strong. I am glad you are here.

:welcome:

Comment

Welcome Warrenweaver! ((hugs))...you are in good company here..and things can and will change if you want them to! One step at a time...
              I'm glad you are here too..
              Dianne

Comment

Don't give up. You are not alone - Many of us are starting together...join our journey and we'll try this together!
                sri

Comment

WW,
                  Welcome and you have an incredible story. One thing I can say is that you are a survivor. You have gone through experiences in your life that many of us can't even imagine and some of us can. That's why this is such a great place. You have made it here and that's a great first step.

Keep posting, keep asking for help. You will find it. Don't lose touch.

Beaches
                  "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Only just registered to respond to your story. You've been through such a lot. I can really relate to you. Be strong and from what I've read tonight, the people around here will be there for you when you need it.

I'm just off to post my own story and start my journey.

KPuk

Comment

WW (can i call you that)?

Your story has made me cry, my heart really goes out to you ....

I won't give you false hope.... there really is no magic cure ..... But if you want to beat this, then with the help of this site then you can ....

Look forward to seeing you around the boards ....
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

WW:
                        Wow..I see that you have really survived so much already in your life. That means you are strong, even if you feel weak at times. Your story is very moving and now that you are here, you can start a new chapter. One of recovery ond hope. Glad you are here. Stay in touch with us.
                        Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Welcome - WW You are a very strong person, and a careing person at that. You have had a very had life you have put other people before your own troubles and health.

Now it's time for you. it is very hard but we ar all here for you, you have made the first step, thats great.

Please keep posting. Take Care for now

Deb

Comment

How poignant this is.... your right, logic tells me "it must" maybe I should learn how to cry ha! I love fawlty towers and always manage to see the black humour in life (bloomin good job eh)

Comment

Working...
                            X