Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Wednesday May 9

Good afternoon, my lovelies,

I am late with the coffee today; all morning I was in the garden center picking more trees for my garden (fun fun fun). Now quickly , in between meetings, here’s your French roast brew, decaf, nice big pot of tea and a special Americano with steamed milk for Stressed. I also made a big bowl of local strawberries with the tiniest sprinkle of powder sugar.

I too had pain in the URQ – so much that I actually went to the doctor – all OK. It passed as soon as I stopped drinking for a few days, sometimes if I drank again I swear I could feel a tinge within the next few minutes of taking the first sip.

Kaslo – working for free is blasphemy !!!

Wishing you an awesome hump day!!!
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

I'll skip over here shue, lets all sit in this thread, typical, not a peep all morning then bang there is coffee everywhere, your stuff is nicer anyhow
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Dang, Sugar, I swear I checked before posting the new thread.

Comment

Now in sugarland all is good, not been chatting much these last few days, sorrwee I'm bold

So went to an engagment party Sunday night, drink everywhere except me felt a bit out of sorts but damn I was gettin serious compliments off people about how well I was lookin. I suppose the out-of sorts was there because I neglected friends and stuff while on the drink ran-tan, and now I'm opening up again, I'm a wee but sensitive to this and still a wee but guarded about all my crap, my friends were always there but it was me that pulled back, which is very much against my nature. The bridges aren't broken but there is a bit of bonding mending to do and that will all come in time.

On the job front, I'm doing all I can in applying my end, the rest I hand over (most of the time, sometimes I get grumpy and take it back) but with a clear head I know there is nothing more I can do only maintain a good attitude

I've more rambling but have to pop out for a bit, I'll catch u later , have a super day all
        "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Two threads again??

Good morning Abbers, bright & early here. Well, it's actually raining here but you know what I mean :H
          I have to run out to babysit for a while then get back here to supervise/help with the painting........
          oh the fun

Wishing everyone a great AF Humpday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi guys

Working hard on my huge nursing policy translation project. I think I may have ADD. My brain is all over the place. The weird thing is I didn?t have that as a child. Hmmm. Is ADD even for real?

Getting in an hour?s worth of excercise per day when its not raining by walking the dog and gardening.

And I have a lovely market on Saturday for which I must still make 20 hemp drawstring sprouting bags... and I suck at sewing... LOL. My mom was going to help me but she is so depressed from the bipolar that she is hardly getting out of bed. Anyway, she is seeing the psychiatrist today so he can try to put her on Topamax, which is working wonders for my depression, so please keep your fingers crossed.

Other than that I saw Dark Shadows last night. A must see for any of you who love Tim Burton/ Johnny Depp/ Helena Bonham Carter Movies. A bit like Sleepy Hollow meets the Adams Family with lots of cookiness and loads of LOLs. I loved it but I think most people know by now that this is an acquired taste.

Shue - Thanks for the coffee even when you are busy.

Sugarbutt ahem, I mean, Sugarbeat, Thanks too for coffee, now I'm high on the stuff. Its really nice when friends notice what change an AF lifestyle is making, even if they don't know that you have been AF. I told everyone I was going on holiday when I went to rehab. You shouldve heard the compliments. They made us excercise everyday and eat healthy so I also dropped about 5kg. It is difficult to adjust to your friends when you're AF and it hurts when you actually have to cut a few. I thought people in rehab was cruel when they said cut the fat but later you figure out for yourself that you simply cannot hang with people who's only idea of having fun is getting drunk, unless you can join them for breakfast once in a while.

Almostfamous ? Have a great and safe trip!

TDN ? Super news on the results. Its such a relief when we realise we can undo some of the damage that we have done to our bodies. SO glad for you.

Pap3 ? Congrats again on the two years. Will you share your story in the Tell Us your Story Section? Or have you already and I?m just too lazy to check?

Kaslo
            ? Yes, Johnny is a dish although he is a bit hard to perve on in black and white make up and long fingernails... I can?t believe he?s almost 50! I hope your meeting went well. No to working for free!

Stressd
            ? I took Milk thistle for the first month and after 30 day AF I had no more ?complaints? from the liver. Omega 3 is also very good as is a good multi vitamin and some extra vitamin B?s.

Det
            ? That hazelnut bread does sound good. Will you post us the recipe? Did you post your video on youtube? I bought some potato flower the other day because of what you said about the grains. Not sure what the hell to do with it though. LOL.

Lavande
            ? Vampires? Giving away blood for free, are we? I enjoy painting itself but its the prep work I hate. I was so jealous when I finally gave up and had a professional painter finish the other half of our open plan kitchen/lounge/study. My brother and I painted the first half, then had a fight and actually refused to do anything about it for six months. LOL. Stubborn, me? Well, the two shades were very similiar and like my other brother says, you people are best off only entertaining at night anyway... We have a very relaxed home.

Hello to Sausage,Sunshine and all the other busy beavers. Let me go hug the dog, the neighbour is mowing the lawn and it gives him the heebie jeebies. :nutso:

Lots of love and positive energy,

Dizzy Pooh
            :h

Comment

Hi everyone, big push for getting into the field so Im just checking in. This would have been the time I completely stopped AL for most of the field season. Looking back I dont know why I didnt just keep that going. Everyone have a great AF day.

Kas

Here is one of my flower beds

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Jez, its fierce quiet aroud here today, was running through the last few day and forgot to say a big hello and welcome(or welcome back) to Irie, Stressd and AccountableforMe, great to have to here, its a great little group, I defo found my home in MWO here

And I had to laugh at Shue and Dizzy and there feckin Irish men, I wasn't insulted We do have our good points too I promise

Anyhow I was just jumpin in to shake the thread back to lif today, over and out for now and hope everyone is well

Comment

Sugar, you and I are on the same wave length today ... And not just about the Irishmen.

Well, I am alone on my terrace (hubby's up working out). Last year I would have had the best part of the bottle by now and starting the second TV show, of which I would remember little the next day. I used to call that relaxing after a hard day at work.

Instead, today I worked more efficiently (no AL slow down), went to a yoga class with my girlfriends after work, read to junior (sober) and I am now breathing in the fresh mountain air, with a small dinner and no intention of turning on the telly ... I have this inner peace in me that I haven't felt in a long time.

Thank you all for helping me get here.

Comment

Oh, Kaslo - that is a fierce spring flower bed. I cannot have those with the mastiff trampeling all over the place but I am getting my new trees tomorrow.

Comment

Hello hello Fabs and Fabettes!

Still feeling out of sorts; might be that time of the month... or something. I've had real serious drinking thoughts the past couple of days. Scary. I don't intend to act on them, though.

Kas, I lurve your flower bed! We apparently have many of the same plants; of course, yours are much further along. Sigh. Very very purdy.

Sorry, no time to gab.. I'm off to the grocery store...going to make (or try) a lemon oil shrimp linguine tonight... need ingredients

:hallo: Laters gaters
                      Oh.. and Lav... Diaper derby again!? You have the stamina of... I don't know what, but you've sure got it!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Checking in!

Hi all- feeling good today, especially now that I have had my morning coffee! Thanks! :-) I'll check back later! Have a great day everyone !

Comment

Late check in from me - long day, work then swimming for kids in evening. Haven't had time to read properly it's 9.30 just having cup of tea and a gluten free chocolate brownie - the kids made a batch at the weekend.
                          Back tomorrow. Hope all OK.
                          Sausage x
                          Day 76

Comment

Sheez Louise, I worked from 8AM-11PM today with only a couple of 20 min breaks - take that procrastination! Proud of me yet, Shue? LOL.

Really pooped now but also really proud of myself. :danthin:

I'm finally really getting into this translation paws and all. Its nursing policies and some of its really in-depth medical stuff, so not for the feint hearted but I'd like for medical translation to become my niche market as there is obviously lots of it and it pays well. Also, it fascinates me.

I would love to do medical trial translation but the last client turned me down as they preferred the other person who used archaic Afrikaans. My work was perfect and up to date as no one talks that way anymore unless they are over 60 with a degree in Afrikaans but they did at least point out that they were aware of that and that it was just their preference. So the middle man client said she'll keep me in mind for future clients who are looking for more modern translators. If anyone cares, Afrikaans was very much like German in that everyone was Mr and Mrs and u which is a formal version of you. New modern hospitals now use you and speak to their patients as if they are equals as they are trying to create a friendly sociable environment. Anyway, I'm rambling...and everyone's probalby bored stiff.

Kas, ahem, I know of another thread in say for example the holistic section where your picture would look just lovely... :anon:

Oh Sugarbeat
                            , he can be so lovely, but the wisky sure turns him sour sometimes. And did I mention stubborn? But I won't let one rotten apple spoil the bunch We may still patch up, Mexican Standoff still in full swing.

Sorry that you're feeling a bit wobbly Sunny-G
                            . At least you're using your frustration as a postive motivation in that fab garden of yours. Not sure if you're referring to PMS but I got some progresterone drops and am keen to try it out later in the month as I go seriously :nutso: for a couple of days a month. I hope you are back to your :rays: self again soon.

DB

Comment

Diz, i actually find your comments on translation fascinating. Science writing is also highly structured and some clients prefer the very formal style, and other like the writing to be readable, and not a sure fire cure for insomnia. I have one client in particular who re-writes a lot of my stuff, and I had a hard time getting used to it, because sometimes she changes my meaning and makes herself look like an eegit (Irish vernacular, sorry Sug). I just had a battle royale with those folks over the past week, very draining, and I didnt want to trouble all my lovely friends on here with it, although it I was tempted. Most importantly we get through these professional challenges and irritations without resorting to AL. I was not even really tempted, just pissed off a lot of the time. But thats over now. So Diz, is Afrikaans being used by kids in SA or is it being replaced by English? Does anyone do hip hop music in Afrikaans? Rap? Beat poetry?

Thanks Sunni re gardens. I wanted to post more photos, but I cant figure out how to get my advanced photobucket to resize the photos so they dont eat up the entire screen. Gardening is such a passion for me. And now I can do it as much as I have time for and not wander around feeling ill and no energy.

I do hope P3, Turn, DG, M3, Uni, Det, Marshy, Blondie, TDN, Greenie, and Sid where are you Sid, are all having a great day. I am on the chaise lounge (yes) watching the river and recuperating from a hard day of linear regression and redundancy analysis of vegetation data. Next: moose kill risk assessment....and getting ready for the beach study... I think Im going to need my rain gear and waterproof paper...

kaslo
                              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X