Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Thursday, May 10

Good morning, Aberoonies,

Everything is green here and getting greener ? I just LOVE spending as much time as I can out on the terrace, enjoying my young garden growing up. I used to leave it entirely to the gardeners, now I am starting to get ideas, since I have the time to look at it and no longer spend my evenings semi-passed out on the coach, ?relaxing?.

So pop in for a chat and a mug of Java. I am sticking to the French roast, seems to work for most of us. The Americano with steamed milk and the decaf are on the side for Stressed and Sugar; and Pap ? I have tea and biccies for you.

Hubby is getting laser eye surgery today so fingers crossed, I am a bit nervous, I pray all goes well. I?ll pick him up later from the clinic. He needs a bit of hand holding. He is such a baby when it comes to all things medical, could not even watch ME giving blood when I was pregnant.

Dizzy ? I am sooooo proud of you; I read your post this morning, it is very interesting what you do.

Sunny ? you are a strong woman, but hormones get the best of us. I speak for myself, I know when they hit because I too feel very unlike my usual happy go lucky self. I take a bit of rhodiola then, it helps to lift the mood, not too much of it or I fly high as a kite. First time I took rhodiola I had a week in which I said ?YES? to everything ? kind of fun for hubby but I also said yes to getting the mastiff puppy, consequences of which I still bear.

Det ? you are such a sweetie, sending us postcards from your travels. Big big thank you.

Kas ? Resize : click on: Album / picture you want/ click again on the pic, a new menu will pop up at the top of the pic / choose ?resize? - But I must tell you I love your pics full size (still, cannot be greedy with this site, it?s not supposed to be facebook). Now ? if only ?resizing? my behind would be that easy!!

Stressed, Irie, how are you today, tell us a bit more about yourself, we all love a good yarn.

Yey ? only 2 more days to go to the weekend !!!
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Good morning Shue and all to come.

Shue- best luck to your hubby. I've know many people that have had very successful surgeries and haven't looked back- forgive the pun. They love it!

Quick check in from an out of state location. It's not extremely exotic but it's much needed. I did bring my iPad but it's not cooperating at the moment. It will be a good frisbee or coaster for a delicious af beverage.
    House update- second showing yesterday. Please cross those fingers or Mrs. Clean may become Mrs. Mean. I won't have a lot of opportunities to check in but know that I'm thinking of each and everyone of you spectacular peeps. Happy Thursday!
    AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement and coffee Shue, you may just become my role model, you know, workaholic

I?m snowed under with work until the end of tomorrow and I?m really determined to meet this deadline. I?ll try to check in properly tonight to respond on a more personal level but til then know that I am AF, OK and I am wishing you a happy and healthy day.

PS: Kaslo
      , I feel like I gave a bad portrayal of SA music yesterday. There are some very good musicians that I love but unfortunately they are not the ones that appeal to the masses. If you are interested have a good internet connection (and yes in SA we still have to question that) I will post 2 or three Youtube links of songs for you to listen to.

Comment

Good morning, Shue, Almost and all to come!
        I love French Roast and we have that every a.m. I want to buy a milk frother and am looking on ebay and overstock. One thing I rarely pay for is a latte or capuccino from a cafe. And when I see all these people who walk around with a constant DD iced coffe or tea or huge coffee, I think "what a waste of money."
        Have been reading all the posts, just finding it hard to write when I am tired from work. I have today "off," but will be watching my friend's shop for maybe four or five hours this afternoon. Hubby wants to go out for breakfast and then run some errands, and I need to make appts at vet, too. My florist friends called and asked me if I could help this week or weekend, but I can't do everything. LOL. She should have hired me part time before this job came up.
        Job is frustrating as we need more racks and they are supposed to come today. Have NO idea where they will go. Owner was going to come today, but decided to some early next week with somebody from the warehouse and her mother. So be it. The two women we hired are frustrated, too, as they can't get a tsraight answer about hours, So be it!!:H
        Had a pair of Baltimore Orioles in an cherry blossom tree this a.m. and tried to snap a photo, but was not succesful. Cardinal was just perched on a chair of the desk, and it seems his wife is trying to make a nest in a rose of sharon bush outside the back door. Mr TDN is worried about the dogs getting a baby as they have in the past. We have had nothing but rain or showers, but I have to say that everything looks spectacularly green and pretty. Will try to get some pics of the azaleas and rhododendrons if the rain lets up later.
        Pap3, when is your big interview? I was thinking that once you get some experience at the demos, you could apply to be a full time rep for a pet food company. I had a couple of people tell me about an opening a couple of months agao, and can't pursue it now, but once I have my license back, I'll consdider it. Benefits, etc. Can be lots of travel, but can be a great thing!
        Det, that pic was beautiful.
        Kas, your pics are always great and your wisdom is just as great!
        Dizzy, the job sounds very interesting. Nice you can work from home.
        Almost, good luck with the house thing. Fingers crossed!
        Lav, how is Matilda?
        Sunni, had a few thoughts myself, and I can't blame the hormones I will have six months next week and don't want to ever "go back," especially with the alcohol class I have to do--probably in June. I am praying that the instructor is NOT the AA woman who was my counselor last year and is very manipulative and controlling. I so miss driving and realize what a privilege it is. A privileg I have to eran back.
        Okay--shower and get ready for the day!
        I am feeling better with the Aleve the doc told me to take. And with all the bone health supps I am taking--maybe relief is on the way!
        Novel for the day is finished:H
        Have a great AF day, everyone!
        "One day at a time."

Comment

Hello all!

Kas - lovely pic of your garden. Our daffodils are over now as are the tulips. I've got sunflower seedlings on the go at the moment, geraniums, fuchsia and lobelia growing well but not yet flowering.

Threedog - good to see you got a job!

Papmom - congrats on your two years AF!

And congrats to anyone else achieving milestones. I'm behind on what's going on. Just very busy lately, doing extra hours at work, and going away most weekends recently. We went to Amsterdam two weeks ago, to the seaside last week (where we're thinking of buying a house and gradually shifting our lives out of London, although work will be the issue there) and off to Devon this weekend hopefully to do some walking.

Hello to Lav, Greenie and all to come. Hope everyone has a happy day
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hallo Febinikers. Marshy! What a treat! I so envy that you can just nip over to Amsterdam. WOW. Ah lovely Devon, where it rains 8 days out of 7. I remember that from my small childrens poetry books. Hopefully not raining too much for you and xgf.

Hi to everyone, but also SPECIAL shout out to Diz, I loved Trevor Noah! (Whats not to love, he is SO cute!), and you did not give me a bad impression at all, your description was wonderful, and you should write more about your country. All we get up here of SA is Dry white season, (in literature) and like Australia, SA never makes the North American news unless its bad. I was fascinated. Please, tell us more! BTW I also watched the interview with Trevor Noah, talking about story telling in SA culture and how SA comedians dont have to take on an American model. I so empathize with that, Canadians also have a wonderful conversational story telling culture, a huge comedic sense that runs through our national identity, well with weather like ours, you either laugh or you cry... And yes we are different from America, even though its hard to see for some people. And Diz, as you recover, you are going to find life is more and more wonderful.

Shue dahlink, thanks re the bucket. I have a new version, and it has a tone of bugs including the inability to resize easily. It just bolts out on me. I know the usual pathway through editing. If I want to post smaller pix on here, I have to reload into Photoshop, resize then reload to photo bucket...

Almost, I sure hope you are not dissapointed, I know I could never trust my crew here to do what is right re cleaning for a potential sale....keeping my fingers crossed.

TDN, hows the plantar fasciatus? I had a lovely time with that a few years ago... Had to wear a lift, and make sure I put it on as soon as i took my first step of the day (or night). Schlepping off to the john in the middle of the night with nothing on but a pair of pink trainers must have been a real sight for sore eyes for poor Mr. Kaslo. Come to think of it, I think thats when he started sleeping with a pillow over his head.

Here are some more garden pix, and I hope they are not too big for y'all.

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hi fabbies!

Kaslo, BEAUTIFUL yard!! Jeeeeeeeeeelouse!!!

I am off and running early this morning. Going to go into Victoria to help my mother paint her condo. She wants to get it ready to sell. It has been a huge source of stress for her.

Lots of love to all! xoxo

Comment

Good late morning Abbers,

I'm having tons of fun watching YB paint the vaulted ceilings in the living room :H
                Hope he doesn't hurt himself

Loving the French roast today Shue, thanks! Hope your husband does well today.

Dizzy, always busy

Almost, TDN,hello to both of you. Hope those feet are getting better TDN!

Marshy, I've missed you. Glad you &GF are doing well.

Kaslo, beautiful garden there......quite professional looking

Hi AFM, happy painting to you too.

Matilda I s doing just fine but boy is she ever busy :H
                She will keep my on my toes, that for sure.

Hello t o everyone else & have a great AF Thursday!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

G'day all!

My Kas....us Cascadians are sure up and bushy-tailed this morning, eh? Notice I didn't say bright-eyed? We are watching a pug for a friend. Three googly-eyed critters are just crazy. They sound like a heard of angry bees. Not pleasant at midnight...or 5 in the morning.

Kas...you have created a little paradise within paradise. Your yard is spectacular. Incredible. You know, I AM going to swing by and visit you someday on my way in or out of here?

Almost...I am glad you are able to post a bit from the remote locale....and glad you are getting the break from house selling hell.

TDN - I know the pain of PF, too. It felt like someone had worked over the bottom on my feet with a hammer. My hubby had it, too. At the same time as me. Made me wonder....hmmmm....Is there a dietary connection here? I was on the verge of hobbling into a doctor to request a foot amputation x 2 when it just POOF....went away. Same for hubby - around the same time. Baffling. But I am NOT complaining!

One thing I did while I was in the throes of the extreme pain was to use a golf ball to help release the tension on the arch. Before I even stood up to get out of bed in the morning, I would sit on the edge of the bed and roll the ball around with each foot. I found a specialty ball made just for PF at a store that caters to people who are on their feet all day. It helps. Immediately.

AFM....I am painting, too. If you have a chance, DO get a low VOC paint...it costs more, but it's worth it. I also highly recommend the paint with the primer mixed in. You still need two coats, but it does cover well. The less time you spend around paint...the better.

Here's a link to a study about alcohol abuse and exposure to solvents:

Diagnoses of alcohol abuse and other neuropsychiatric disorders among house painters compared with house carpenters.

If you don't want to read it...I don't think I will spoil the ending by telling you the painters have more problems with alcohol than carpenters! That being said, I don't think us weekend warriors need to amp too much about paint exposure. But I do wear a mask. And get out for fresh air frequently.

Lovely Lav....maybe you should go out and hang with the chickens while YB is painting? LOL. Sorry. That is nice he is helping out. How do you feel about him being around? It seems he's coming 'round more often.

Dizzy - it's great that you're busy and enjoying the work you're doing now. It sounds fascinating. You are good at this and it shows!

Shuesy, baby....you will be the best post-laser op nurse ever for the hubby. You are another one who just excels at everything you do. And you are even better at everything AF. I really appreciate you starting us out each morning. You have a delightful sense of humor, my friend.

Marshy....it's always a delight when you check in! I am another who envys your location.

I got some very good news yesterday. I was awarded an artist fellowship by a private foundation here. I had applied for it 2 years ago and got the whiff so it is great to have finally gotten the nod. The timing is just fabulous. The monies will help me purchase new equipment to do more film work. Whoo!

I was really worried that I would stop being creative when I stopped drinking. But after the initial withdrawal and recovery period...I found that I am more creative than I EVER was when I was drinking. Another myth shattered. Oh - and not only am I MORE creative...I can REMEMBER my ideas the next morning!!!!

Onward!
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Good evening, abbies. Thank you for the wishes for hubby, the doc said all went well, we'll see at the check up tomorrow.

I am posting from the terrace again, enjoying a cup of lavender tea and a bit of apple strudle but mostly relishing a certain feeling of accomplishment today: hubby is asleep after the op, son is asleep after an emotional night ( i made him apologize to our neighbor for playing football in his garden while away); dog is asleep too after a late evening visit from the vet - skin problems again. All this in an evening's work, all on my own ... Would have never happpened if I was still drinking.

Kaslo - those pics took my breath away

Turn - hope to get in the chat tomorrow if I am lucky

Have a wonderful evening, I am sending the sleep fairy to do the rounds
                    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Ohhhh.. Kas.. gorgeous, gorgeous!!! So jealous! I just barely have stuff poking up here and your yard already looks lush!

Hello to all in FABland! On my way out to fight the $%$##&ing lawn mower. Do wish me luck. And strength. To toss the damn thing into the middle of next week if it won't start AGAIN :H
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Ello my friends, just a fly by checkin from my phone, all good here, and will chat more.

Night all and hope u all had a super day
                        "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Screw the lawn mower Sunni :H

Turn - I did go outside & walk around with my camera while YB was painting
                          Here's what's bloomin in my yard right now!

AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Late check-in

Hi- all is well here. It is my 5th AF day and i have had no withdrawls and feel pretty good ! I worked out this morning and had a long day at work- meetings and such! I have not had bad cravings yet, but summer is approaching and will be a difficult time not to want to hang out at a bar by the beach and have a glass of wine or two or four!!! Lol! Or bbq's etc. we will see! ;-) liver is recovering but still looking forward to getting the supps. I am a working Mom in my mid 30s with a wonderful and supportive husband. He hasn't said too much about my drinking but also can't understand why 1 or 2 glasses just don't cut it for me!! He is on board with me being AF. He also dies not drink much at all- so that helps tremendously ! Well, hVe to run but will catch up tomorrow! Oh, forgot to mention, last night was my first social exposure to wine with friends and I simply said no thanks, i'm going to the gym later tonight! Proud of myself!
                            Take care,
                            Stressd

Comment

Oops sorry Sunshine, these are from midsummer,they happen to be on my photobucket....its still very early here as well. ome things are changed from these too.

Lav, that rhodo is gorgeous! Nice looking house as well. Glad to see a chicken at the end.

Stressed, well done on the early few days. You are doing GREAT....keep it up, post lots and one thing I am glad for it really helps a LOT to have a supportive partner.

Kaslo
                              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X