I Surprised Myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Surprised Myself

Yesterday, in several meetings, my sober self surprised me. I listened. I understood. I engaged. My clear mind drew and knew distinctions. I caught subtle nuances that helped take the conversation in meaningful directions. I no longer struggled to climb above the fog caused by the previous day?s drinking.

Two months ago I would paid a fair bit of change to buy this medication. Yesterday, it came as a surprise bonus.

Capto

I Surprised Myself

Hi capto

I can relate so well with your post, I just love having this clarity of mind.
    If I recall you are now over 70 days Af - congratulations!!
    Are you planning to continue with abstinance??

One thing that has suprised me is that since I made the decision NOT to drink I have found it easier than endlessly trying to moderate. It seems to remove all the doubt, the constant preoccupation with alcohol.

I'm glad you had such a good 'bonus suprise' with your feeling yesterday.
    Sure there will be many more to follow as you continue to rediscover your true feelings and potential.
    Best wishes
    Changeling

Comment

I Surprised Myself

Hi Changeling,

Yes I do plan on continuing abstinence. I tried moderation, but I must admit I wasn?t ready. Then, when I made up my mind that I wanted to make a change and I proved to myself that I could abstain, the larger vision opened up.

I agree with you: abstinence is easier than moderation, and I think it is a whole bunch more fun.

And yeah, good catch, I?m 76 days AF.

Best,

Capto

Comment

I Surprised Myself

Fan;96792 wrote: Hey capto ....

How awesome. Not only the "surprise" .... but that you noticed.

Hi Fan,

It was awesome. I found myself having parallel and simultaneous conversations ?one with myself and the one I was having with my collogues. I was on a natural high. Damn this feels good. I hope I never forget to notice and remember.

I appreciate this site and every one of you.

Best,

Capto

Comment

I Surprised Myself

Thanks for sharing that Capto.

It is pure torture being in a meeting when all you want to do is crawl into bed and 'sleep it off'.

What a joy to be engaged with work and life.

Lisa

Comment

Working...
          X