Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Friday May 11th 2012

Hello there

Where is everybody today? Unless I'm mistaken there is no AF daily started for today.

Well i'll make everyone tea and coffee and better get on with some housework. Not working today, been swimming, soon it will be time to pick the kids up from school.

Just wanted to add, I'm feeling so much better mentally, so much more positive ( glass half full) able to sort out situations in my head - whether I can do something about a situation or not. Seeing things with much more clarity. I was feeling better physically after 20 days or so but this improvement mentally happened around day 65. It's great because I've worried and thought negatively about situations for years. About 10 years actually and coincidentally it is around that time that I started daily drinking. Hope this improvement is experienced by others too.

Have a great day all

Sausage x
    Day 78

Jeez, where is everyone?

Thanks for the tea Sausage love, no coffee for me, I'm as hyper on adrenaline as can be. Glad you're feeling better.

I'm afraid I have to buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz off to go finish that dreaded translation but will buzzzzzzzzzzzzz back in tonight to say hi to the others...if they show up...

Perhaps its just you and me left in the world? I wouldn't know, I work from home? No, wait, I hear someone mowing a lawn and I've had some emails too.:H

:h

Comment

Hello friends,

It's been a busy week in our household, and I've got some summer schedules and it looks to be a super duper busy summer for our family.

Congrats to all that have managed their sober life to the fullest--esp to you Papmom!:goodjob:

I'm a leetle frustrated with some volunteer stuff I have going on right now. Too much to post details, but why do I feel like people keep dumping shit in my lap??? I try to delegate, but then I hear "Oh, I won't be there". "Oh, I can't" or "WE" should do this" meaning me. I don't seem to have this problem with the 4-H group I lead, but the church committees is a different story. I don't know what to do about it.

Also, hubby and I and #1 son had a little meltdown last night. Hubby has been angry and frustrated with the boys because they don't work very hard--spend our money like its going out of style (food and gas) and don't take an interest in helping him. This is an ongoing thing and I am always in the middle. Last night the son came home with big shiny earrings. He has been wanting to get his ears pierced for awhile now (a couple of his friends did) and we won't let him. We let him get the tattoo, but neither one of us like the earring look. His dad, HATES the earring look. He is embarressed and ashamed. We tried to discuss it and things, but to no avail. I ended up in tears, and son holds his own, but had to feel bad. I understand both sides, here I am in the middle again.

On a brighter note, I get to go have pedicures and lunch with 2 friends, then I am picking up sod for my front yard renovation. I am helping out at the vet clinic later and tomorrow morning. HS graduation here and at my nephews this weekend, and have company coming for that. Jeesh! I better get busy! Thank God I don't drink anymore!!!

Have a great sober weekend all! Wish my yard and gardens looked like yours. The freakin wind blows so much here it looks like crap again.:h
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi everyone n fabland! Thanks Saucei, I am so glad to read that you are starting to get the clearer headed thing, the positive vibe that happens. I used to be aware that people talked about a natural "high" its not a high its just a feeling of well being, but I thought it was a bunch of malarky, and I was wrong. Its great, innit? (Finished reading Londonstani, so now I have to talk like a rudeboy around the house and embarrass my 21 year old).

Hi Dizz, you and I both work from home, its ok its great even but sometimes it sucks. I would like to have had life with work friends.... however cant complain.

LV, how are you? I think of you often, you know? Ive read what you post for a year now, and your boys sound so good to me. Such normal guys. And they talk to you. Thats amazing. He didnt just go get his piercing and show up, he brought them home to show you. Thats incredible. After my experience with a very rebellious teen, you are lucky your son comes HOME. That he doesnt show up periodically with a bunch of crack heads, in the middle of the afternoon when school would be the expected activity, and she hasnt been home for days or checked in, talk to you coldly and rudely, then rob your jewelery and pawn it to by more stuff. Can I just say...Dont sweat the small stuff.

Anyway enough, hope you dont think Im picking on you. I support you 100%.

Well Fabeens its my 48 BD today, and I do not feel like 10 pounds of poo in a 1 pound pail. Amazing. Second sober birthday for me. This really is a big improvement, I must say. And improvements are hard to come by at my age...

Kaslo
        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Sausage, thank you for the coffee ...

I was out all morning to a work event - that invloved driving each BMW series on a private airport run. FUNNNNN!!! Sometimes I get great perks with my job.

LVT - I feel so sorry for you, I had to do some disciplining last night (but my son is only 7 so it is a lot easier).

Lav - those pics are amazing.

wishing you all a great Friday.
          workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Xpost Kaslo,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!! I love your posts and your pictures !!! You are truly awesome. Wish I could have taken you with me for a spin in the Beemers. But you were in my thoughts, funny enough.
            workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Happy birthday Kaslo! Anything planned?

:bday7::bday7::bday7: :bday3:

Hi Shue, Sausage (good to see you back on track), DizzyBee, LVT and all to come.

Fantastic pix yesterday, Lav and Kas. Lav, my dad has lost all his tomatoes to late frosts this year. They were perfectly happy in February

Kas & Turnagain, it is great to be able to nip over to Amsterdam and other parts of Europe, although the plane on the way out was delayed for two hours for a 45-minute flight :H

Have a good weekend everyone! Off to rainy Devon!
              sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers!

Better late than never, right? :H

:bday7: Kaslo!!!!!
                Hope your day is bright & beautiful

Hello to Sausage, Shue, Marshy & everyone.
                I have exercised, food shopped, had Matilda to the Vet for more puppy shots (she's up to 10 lbs already) & now getting ready to start some dinner for EB, his mother & brother
                EB is 3 1/2 now & calls me on the phone to ask if he can come over to play with Matilda. I think they will be great friends

Hope everyone is having a great AF Friday - I am!!!!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Birthday Kasbutt!

:bday3:

I hope you have a seriously lovely day and I'm happy to hear that birthdays can be fun without AL.

I know what you mean about working from home. Sometimes I get restless and take on a temp assignment. Then I'm a seriously chatty cathy and super nice to everyone in the office as I don't fuss about office politics, kowing I will leave again in 3-6 months time.

And I must say its really nice starting your day with half an hour of pottering in the garden instead of sitting in traffic, or making a nice salad instead of queueing in the canteen, or walking the dog at tea break instead of feeling like a dog because you're trapped inside on a nice sunny day.

Glad you liked Trevor Noah, he is quite something. He gets away with being very non-PC as he's half white and half black, so it's impossible to accuse him of racism And he's really good at accents.

I will tell you some more about my country and send you some more links tomorrow. Right now I'm so tired I could fall over, I finally finished my work and its 9PM here. Feeling a bit sorry for myself but relieved its over.

You should tell me more about Canada as well, I have to confess that I don't know much more than its north of the US, its cold, it has a low crime rate, and the accent is a bit funny (or do you know know what I'm on aboot) LOL

I'd say Cape Town is a lot more like Rio than Australia. If you like poetry the movie Black Butterflies about one of our famous Afrikaans poets Ingrid Jonker is good to watch as its set here. She is portrayed by a Dutch actress though and she speaks English but who's counting

Time for some foodies.
                  Cheery bye,
                  :h

Comment

Happy Happy Happy Happy B-day to our precious KAS - a.k.a. Miss Smarty Science Pants and Wonder Woman - Queen of Southern Cascadia! Here's hoping your AF celebration is as fabulous as you are! You just always make my day. Please get a gallery to work with you! My weekly nagging quotient is fulfilled. Thank you!

Saucy - it's GREAT that you are feeling the POSITIVE impact of prolonged AFness. Our brains do work hard to heal. I've got good news for you....that feel-good BUZZZZZ just keeps getting stronger....the longer you keep at this. Good for you!!!!!

Lav - EB is so SWEET! " Hi, is Matilda there?" Too cute! Your yard is incredible. Ya'll have to wait another month or so for me to take any pix of the garden up here. The buds are JUST starting to emerge on the trees.

Dizzy - I am looking forward to your links....Thanks for taking the time to post.

SHUE! I am the jealous one...you know that! You will have to tell me ALL about your driving experience. I think I just missed you last night in chat. Dang it!

Marshy....I will have to find out more about Amsterdam. IF we are able to get over to that part of the world next year as planned, I would like to go to Amsterdam. I'll check in with you for some tips as we get closer, if you don't mind!

LVT....honey....I feel for you. Being stuck in the middle of an older male and a younger one.... with a brain that's still forming. Notice I didn't really say WHOSE brain was forming. I will leave that up to your interpretation OR any English teacher who wants to redline that garbled grammatical nightmare.

Okay...off to help the forming brains in my world.

BTW....I just got the 3rd ever pedicure in my life. I am going to make THIS a habit. It is just MARVELOUS and you know what? I used to WASTE the same amount of money in 1.5 days of drinking and smoking. I love being AF. And, so do my feet now!
                    Sober for the Revolution!
                    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Hello fellow Fabbers

I'm back in the land of wi-fi connections after my business trip. It is good to be home and in my own bed.

Happy Birthday to you Kas, you are one special lady

I have a whole week of threads to catch up on, so best I start reading..

Have a safe and sober day
                      xx

Comment

Happy Friday

Hi All-
                        Happy Friday! Long day with my boss, and usually on a day like this it is to the store to buy a bottle of white and a bottle of red. Half white first followed by half or most if red- somehow made me feel like I was drinking less if I did it that way. I was struggling on my drive home. Luckily I was able to take a long nap and now I can manage through the cravings and those evil thoughts in my head. This weekend will be tough as it's Mother's Day and drinking/celebrating is usually part of the plans! Wish me luck!! Hope everyone has a nice night!

Comment

Too tired to write much, but just had to wish the Fabulous Kas a very happy birthday!! Sure hope it was a great day for you. You deserve it!
                          TDN
                          "One day at a time."

Comment

Thank you everyone for all the great birthday wishes. Such a wonderful group of friends from all around the world, here. I tell you guys stuff I dont tell anyone else in my life. And I mean ANYONE else. And I am so proud of all you. Well thanks for the bd wishes. It got better as the day wore on. It started with paying bills,(especially my professional insurance and workers comp for my crew...blech..!) and ended with cake and a good landscape photography mag to read. I got an edger tool that fits on my weed eater!! I have power tools up the wazoon, now! Whoo hoo.
                            Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Felize Cumple Anos Kaslo!!!! to glad Birthday-Clause brought you some cool things.

just now home from the road. not unpacked fully, too tired. grateful for another AF hotel-a-thon.

I stopped at a fruit stand and got the best strawberries ever. and I got to see the sun setting over lake Tahoe. that was very special. sorry no place to pull over for a photo. next time

be well everyone. zzzz
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X