AF Daily - Wednesday, May 16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning folks, I thought I slide in this morning and make that coffee, I'm sure Shue won't have much energy left after her 30 kids yesterday!

So how are we all doing today?
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Hi Sugar and everyone to follow

I messed up my gardening post and had to redo it! Its a photo story about how my brother built a greenhouse for me to cheer me up. It worked!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f6...-13-63431.html

I feel better now and ready to face this thing head on. Sorry for having my head up my arse, thanks for all the words of encouragement, I will catch up with everyone today.

So I'm just fine and dandy, Sugarbeat, how are YOU doing? Oh and thanks for the yummy coffee all the way from ?ire.

:h:h:h

Comment

I'm doing just fine today Dizzy and believe me don't be sayin sorry for havin the grumps yesterday, I still have to pull my head out of my arse every morning I get up, and need reminders to do it to sometimes too But when its out the day always gets much better. Just retraining the brain. Oh and your brother sounds so good
      "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Do you still meditate in the morning? I have to start going to yoga, I signed up yesterday but for some reason I'm scared to go. I'll have to meditate at night as I'm just too sleepy in the mornings and there is a fine line between meditation and sleeping. :H

My brother is a lovely guy. Of course we squabble like kids even though we are both in our early 30's but he has a good heart, a great job and endless enthusiasm to build and create things. Now if only I can find him a girlfriend...Hmmm, scrap that, this 2 bed cottage is too small for three.

:h

Comment

Day 2 for me, but better then day 1~ happy day all, Dizzybee love your pic, that's a happy pic itself!
          Sheepish in the country
          11 May 2012 Day 1 of new life

Comment

Good morning all,

Sugar, thanks for the much needed caffeine.
            I bet Shue will need an entire pot. That is a lot of kiddies.

Dizzy, I am so not blessed with a green thumb. If you, Sunni and Kas could lend me yours, I'm quite certain I'd have a fabulous landscape.

Speaking of Kas....
            I'm sorry I missed your B-Day celebration. Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Det-thanks for sharing your shrimp rolls. I'll take 2. Although that doesn't sound too good with coffee does it?

TDN- since we always cross post, I bet you'll be checking in soon. Have a great day!

We have a signed contract with a closing date! Thanks for all of your positine energy. We just need to pass the inspection and it will be onto a world of boxes and bubble wrap. Now the negotiating begins for the house we want.

Wishing everyone to check in a wonderful day!
            AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Welcome Sheep! Great job on day 2. Stick around. Keep up the great work. You really CAN do this!
              AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Dizzy, I'm 31 and have 4 brothers and the arguements can be so silly sometimes, you think we were 8 again, honestly if you had cameras on us, they make no sense and no-one ever backs down, its kinda funny actually afterwards of course

Still doin the meditation, but i do get lazy sometimes, but trying to get out of that, I'm a bit of a one for instant satisfaction, and if I do see immediate results I used to bail out, but that has to stop. Its gas how resistant I became to things that are good for me, but that is changing. I'm still on the job search which can be difficult sometimes, I'm fairly well qualified, I've a applied for jobs I'm over qualified for too, oes I'm looking at and thinkin jez I could hit that job running and not heard a peep, but I'm doing everything I can possibly do to find something and the bggest challenge is not to get deflated, as that can send me though pattern into a mountain of wows, so I'm going to march on with the knowing that something is lining up for me, there is great lessons in a of this

Comment

Cross post, morning Almost, briliant news the house, so glad things are moving for you

And a big mossive welcome to the Sheepish One, great to have you here

Comment

Sugar- the right job will come. I just know it! You have the right attitude. I'll have to start the fun process over once we move. Yuck!
                    Four brothers? Wow, that's a lot of testosterone! I probably spelled that incorrectly.
                    AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Hey Sugar-thanks for starting us off! Any tea? A job for you is waiting, just around the corner. Although I have a job, I've been looking to change for over a year now. Lots of near misses, one offer I couldn't financially accept and now another interveiw for a position that seems made for me. I said my prayers last nite and asked for the right decision for me, whatever that is (but strongly suggested I should get an offer that I can accept ). hang in there.

Det-I'll take 2 shrimp sans chili sauce please! Thanks for the positive vibes!!

Dizzy-so glad you're feeling better today! Sometimes it just takes time for bad news like this to sink in. But on the good news front, you have a diagnosis and can move forward.

Shue, shue-wakey wakey!!

Welcome Sheepish! Stick with us-our sobriety is the most important thing to us and we will fight tooth and nail to keep it going. Are you ready to do the same? If so, we will be right by your side! You'll have fun too!!

Thanks TDN!! I'll let you all know how it goes today.

Hey Almost!!
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

off to the day..

thanks Sugar and Almost....I too am looking for a job, an impossibility it seems. Same issues but likely more as older Sugar,...but positive thinking! The brothers can cheer you up, thats good. No matter how awful I feel today, I AM NOT BUYING WINE!!!
                        Sheepish in the country
                        11 May 2012 Day 1 of new life

Comment

Thanks Sheepish and welcome. Stick close to this thread. This group make it very difficult to quit sobriety

Almost, I don't believe in green fingers, I believe that if you love a plant the same way as you love a child or an animal you will make sure it doesn't die. (And if you read the book Amazon.com: The Intention Experiment: Using Your Thoughts to Change Your Life and the World (9780743276955): Lynne McTaggart: Books you will see they too have feelings!) So why don't you choose a plant you really love, buy it and look after it in that way. If that doesn't die in a month's time add something else you truly love, do a bit of research etc. People make the mistake of growing things they don't like. I just grow herbs and veg because thats what I love but I take care of the rest of the garden. I make sure the ones I love don't die or otherwise I replace them because I can't imagine my curry's without coriander, my sandwiches without rocket or my roast chicken without rosemary. (and pooey to expensive shop bought malarkey)

Sugar, I know what you mean. I find that sibling rivalry gets especially funny when we visit our parents. At home we are adults and we take turns cleaning and cooking etc. But at home we often revert back to childhood roles.

I know its tough waiting for a job. Have you ever considered working from home? From what I heard you like nature so perhaps there is something you can do from home while you wait for the perfect office job to come along? I can't remember (and sorry if I have the cat by its tail here) but did you say you worked in finance? Perhaps the universe have something right in front of you that you haven't noticed yet? I mean like in something totally different to what you have always done before and what you consider as 'your role' in life. Just playing devil's advocate here. I'm sure the Green-eyed
                          one could help me elaborate on that if she was around...

Papmom
                          :H your prayers sound exactly like mine. God, please do as you see fit, BUT, you know, as I see it, I would strongly advise you to see it my way I also love my tea, even been drinking a bit of the green stuff lately, although I have to have the one mixed with mint as the plain green is just a bit much for me. A teaspoon of honey helps but then I always get that bloody Mary Poppins song in my head of 'A spoonful of sugar' for some bizarre reason.

These 19 articles aren't going to write themselves peeps, see ya later.

:l

Comment

Good morning Abbers & happy humpday to everyone!

I have three brothers & staying the hell away from them is the best possible thing for me :H

Greetings to sugar & thanks for waking us up!

Glad you are feeling better today Dizzy

Congrats on the house sale Almost - nice!

Papmom, wishing you the best on your interview today. Don't forget we will all be with you, popcorn & all

Welcome Sheepish! Stick to your plan - no matter what!!!!

Greetings everyone & wishes for a fantastic AF hump day!
                            I have another super busy day on hand & hope to check in tonight!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

LOL Lav, the brother I share a house with and I sometimes still get into physical play fights. He doesn't often bother anymore though because I've learnt at what tone to pitch my voice to call the dog. Poor Lucky comes charging and has bitten my brother on his ass in order to defend me... I found it out by mistake (and he didn't bit hard) but its a bit like having an atomic bomb, having it is enough deterrent to others to not mess with you. The other one is about 5 years older and he was never as close so I'm safe to visit him

Almost
                              , jeez, I'm going back to work but I missed the fact that you sold your house!! Sorry, you see now what happens when one has ones head up one's arse? I'm really glad for you. Just please promise me you'll pack way in advance. Where are you moving to?

Comment

Working...
                              X