Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left work with out my supps. off 4 days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it was pretty hectic this week @ work. When I left I forgot my back pack with my Supps. in it. I'm on day 31 sober and I'm going to see how long it will take me before I head out to the Health/Vitamin Store to get my fix. I would like to think that I would last long enough with out them, at least until I get back to work........IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

I am sure you will be just fine....I had a day last week, i woke up one morning and realized i hadnt taken my supps the day before...i freaked, but then i realized it was probably a good sign, a sign that i was letting go little by little. I think you will do great, with or without them.

Victoria
    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Hi IAD,
      I've studied alternative medicine & taken lots of supplements in general for many years, probably the reason I'm still on the planet at all. I recall reading more than once that it's good to go off them for a couple of days here and there, at least monthly, and some say once a week. So it seems maybe the major thing one might miss is the Kudzu to help with craving. I don't know how long it takes to clear out of the body or what blood level is needed for it to be effective.... I know it's not quite what I hoped it would be for me yet. Guess I should do some more research on the particulars.
      Wishing you luck and strenght over your long weekend...
      Jenn
      Jenn
      "I fought against the bottle, but I had to do it drunk."
      Leonard Cohen

Comment

IAD:

I have also read that having "little breaks" away from ANY supplement, seems to be a generally good idea.

I rarely take Kudzu anymore. Even now, I am on a prolonged break away from my 5-HTP and melatonin supplements. Been a almost a week now, and I've been sleeping pretty good without them. The GABA and other inhibitory things, maybe once every three or fours days now.

I have a pretty crazy rotation on a lot of things. Been trying to figure out what helps at what time the best.

However, just starting out trying to get those first months in, while the body does flip-flops detoxing and healing from the major alcohol damages, I was on everything pretty regular. I would not worry about a day or two. The major things are good air, water, and food. Vitamin C is a big player I would say. Most drinkers and smokers burn through their Vitamin C like top fuel dragster does through nitro.

Neil

Comment

IAD

Use the power of you Mind this weekend! It is very powerful indeed it is... Use the force "Yoda"
          Control the Mind

Comment

Thanks All,
            Will hit my force field button this weekend. Got a lot of good info.........Thanks! IAD

Chewey sends his requards Rocky......IAD
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
            X