Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Thursday, May 17th

Good morning, affies,

I am back to my usual cheerful self – yoga did help last night + a nice light dinner of soba noodles.
    The weather is still downcast and quite cool for this time of the year - so I will have to serve the coffee inside. The French roast is brewing nicely and the tea and decaf are waiting for Pap and Sugar.

Here are my weekend potting efforts, the cat came for an on-site inspection. I got the green bug, let’s see what will come out.

my new bougainvillea .. present from a Greek friend ( they grow HUGE in Greece).

geraniums + herb seeds in the little pots
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Big welcome to sheepish, how do you take your coffee in the morning?

Almost ? outstanding job selling the house . All that cleaning must have paid off.

Sugar ? I read the first 3 Game of Throne books for a good dose of holiday escapism ? the series is cool ? but slightly overdone on the whole sex thing ? maybe that is just me being prudish. Maybe this is the TV standard of our days.

DizzyBee;1317237 wrote: These 19 articles aren't going to write themselves peeps, see ya later.
    :lAtta? girl, Dizzy ? I also loved what you wrote about loving the plants ? I am also a firm believer in cooking with love. As for that valiant dog of yours ? bless his little heart. You might need to watch out for him if you bring a boy home (wink wink).

Sunny greenfingers ( saw your expert results on the gardening thread) ? and granny extraordinaire ? I am just rooting for you. Peanut 2 is simply adorable (even if you think he is more Brazil nut size).

We have a friend who found out he was adopted when he was 36 ? he met his natural mother and then went off rails in a very short time and had to go to the funny farm for a few months (this is guy was a partner in the big 5 at the time). He?s fine now but said that was particularly difficult to get over.

Fly
    ? I miss you, you know, sending you some virtual batteries.

Kaslo
    ? I was wondering when you?d post something fabulous again. Sorry to hear about your grumpy bro?s . "Hell on wheels", I like that !!!

Pap
    ? you handled that like the pro that you are ? dressing the part is not just about vanity or confidence ? it sends the message that you take that seriously. I also read on another thread about all the other things you do. You are AWESOME!!! Forgot to thank you for the doggie tests ? they came back from US ? nope, nothing wrong with my dog?s thyroid ? he?s just naturally loopy ? i.e. very domineering. I worked some more with him ? he?s fine with familiar dogs, even the vaguely familiar ones - but new dogs??? No seree, he has to show them who?s boss.

MumOfTwo;1317720 wrote:
    Quick drop in to say Hi to everyone..

Not much in a talkative mood..now that I am sober I am reflecting on life, love and relationships and it is not looking like it used too..will take a while to get my head around it
    xx
    I can sooooooo relate to that and see soooooo clearly where I have gone wrong in the past, where I lost the plot and what I simply refused to deal with head on ? But I am not dwelling on that. I am happy and thankful that nothing is beyond repair ? Sending you a big hug, pop in the chat room when you feel like talking again.

Det
    ? hope you get a good rest, you are on the road a lot ? I feel for you.

Lav
    ? how are the steroids treating you? Hope the reaction has subsided.

Comment

Morning guys

I'm going to start off with catching up with last night's batch as I seem to miss out on the second batch off posts lately as I drop off at 10pm. Its probably just a phase as I'm normally a midnight girl

I have to start sewing my sprout hemp bags today. Going to pick them up from my mother, who is feeling better - yay! She is a hyper as anything now and hard to keep up with. Then I'm taking it to my aunt's swimwear factory where I'm hoping the girls will help me with the sewing. Well I'm going to buy some chocolates on the way just in case. My aunt and uncle is in Italy at the moment and they are bound to be quiet today as I doubt there are too many people buying swimwear on a cold and rainy day like today.

I also have to start writing an article on alternative energy sources in South Africa. I'm quite excited about it but also a bit nervous. I'll tell you more about it once I've done some research.

So...

Hi Fly, buzz your little wings back here more often, you hear?

Beautiful pics, Kaslo. I always love reading your posts. If you ever decide to bring out your own memoirs, I'lll buy a copy. Just make sure it has lots of your beautiful photos in it too.

Papmom :fingers: for that interview. It sounds to me like it really went well.

Mom2, I feel a bit like you about my bf situation right now. Its like my dad said to me when I was little. Its OK to dance with a crocodile as long as you realise that the music is going to end at some time. This always had me in shits and giggles as a little girl...not so much anymore, now that I met a real life croc, I mean AL, not my bf! :H Well, perhaps both. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the music has stopped for you too and now you are looking at everything without your drinking goggles on and it may not be what you have expected it to be. Please check back in when you feel a bit better. Hugs and positive thoughts to you.

Sunny-G The foster mom must really be hurting, but of course she has no right to hurt you. Hopefully this will soon be settled and you will no longer have to make contact with her. Cute pic!

Det
      Haven't seen you in a while, I'll have to stay up later if I want to have any of those snacks I hear you've been dishing out lately.

And then on to today.

Shue
      , glad you are feeling better and thanks for the coffee and mentioning yoga. I REALLY SHOULD GO. I'm being a wuss as I'm scared of handstands and head stands.

Also, A, I'm really proud of your gardening effort, and B, you should be really glad you live so far away from me otherwise I wouldve catnapped your beautiful kitty. Gorgeous. What have you planted in them pots?

Lol about the dog. He is a bit skittish as he is a rescue and he was found in a bin left to die. So he is a huge sweetie that won't hurt a fly most of the time but he hates any form of surprise (i.e. stepping on his foot in the dark) or conflict (play fights or screaming). Terrible guard dog though, he just thinks anyone new is someone who might toss the tennisball around for him.

Lav
      - I keep imagining you with huge big muscles, I hope the steroids are working.

And hello in advance to Sheepish
      :waving:

XOX

Comment

Dizzy - this is my 3rd attempt at yoga

#1 - Indian guy that smelled funny ... I could smell him from the parking lot - too advanced for me - all the class were very advanced - they guy was brilliant.

#2 Bulgarian girl - interested only in herself - completely ignoring her students, trying to twist themselves into the postures. Bad teacher !!! (and not even cute like Cameron Diaz)

#3 Russian girl - private class at my home - focus on relaxation - so far so good - My 2 girlfriends are just as stiff as I am - we all started to creak at the first stretch.

Comment

Morning folks

I get the feeling everyone is pottering away in there own worlds today busy as bees. Ah come on Shue, I'm not buyin it a plant in a pot, you could have bought that, next time I want a picture of a shovel n the ground and loads of dirt

Dizzy, you sure do get an opportunity to broadin you knowledge in loads of areas with your job, genuinely sounds really interesting

Ah I'm feeling cheeky and bold and woke up with my Zen missing, I know it will pass and I'll be all serene with my what will be will be' attitude but man I need a sign, I have that which was mentioned yesterday, 'god or whatever is up there, let your will for me be but how's about you throw me a job, I think that would be a great idea'. I'm not miserable or anything but just frustrated and feel like screaming at some of these HR agencies and sayin what are you at, pick me for gods sack

Actually I feel better after my rant, or maybe I got a virtual slap across my head with a shovel from Shue to wake me up which did the job, that's the beauty of this thread, the ability to rant and release

Over and out for now my friends have a fab day and pleeeease send me on some good vibes, mabe your higher powers could have a chat with my higher power and come up with something

PS, Defo agree the tv version of Game of Thrones can go abit OTT with the loving, if you call it that, and I'm no prude!
          "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Sugar,

I am much better at "shovel over the head" than shovel in the dirt. Sending you loads of positive vibes and I will say an actual prayer too ... I know you're not miserable but also ... one cannot be expected to be permanently in good spirits.

Vent and release to your heart's content !!!

:h:h:h

Comment

Shue, Sugar, Dizzy and everyone else to come

Quick hello from me as I've not posted on AF daily for a few days.

All these pictures of flowers / people's gardens on here are very impressive. I am afraid I am not green fingered at all, last year the only thing I did was pull up a few bad weeds, but hey now instead of drinking maybe I'll get motivated this year!

Lots to do, not working today, ironing, housework, school pick up, gymnastics, cook tea......all ahead for me. There's always something!
              Have a great AF day

Sausage x
              Day 84

Comment

Good morning all. Wow, lots of chitter chatter already. Thanks for all the congrats. Much appreciated!:h

Shue- I've never tried yoga in my life. I'm afraid I'd get into some position and be stuck there for life.

Dizzy-I do best with potted things. I love basil and very simple flowers. Weeds and I don't get along very well. It's always a challenge when we move as I'm never sure what is a weed and what is a flower when they first start to emerge. Lol!

Kas- such gorgeous photos. You're so lucky to have that scenery. I was in stitches over your brother and the in charge of assholes. Funny stuff!

Papmom- sending the best thoughts your way. It sounds like you rocked it.

Sausage- glad you dropped in. Life can get crazy!

Sunni- thanks for sharing the darling photo. Very cute!!!

Fly- I hope you slept like a rock.

Sugar- here come some positive vibes your way....

Hello to everyone else that stops by.
                AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Hello FABs and FABettes!

Did my annual pilgrimage to the only decent nursery on the island... and pretty much blew my garden budget. Yikes. However, that leaves me to get good and dirty for the rest of the day :H

Shue!!!! That bougainvillea is gorgeous! Too cold in my neck of the woods for it :upset:
                  Dizzy, I will swoon over your brother - no wait... the green house - on the Garden Thread... have had no darn time. I'm green with envy, though!

I'll bid you farewell for now, as I'll need to find homes for 3 flats of annuals Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Post to boast …

I cooked a very tasty and very light Chinese chicken veggie dish (low fat, low sodium) … followed by another sorbet experiment that turned fantastic … kind of like a frozen strawberry souffl? - it seemed to grow in volume in the ice cream machine … my boys got so excited … me too actually (as this is again quite “diet” – only strawberries, egg white and a wee bit of powder sugar – somehow the consistency looks as if I used oodles of heavy cream).

In the nights “before” I would have found this beyond me.

Comment

Ya know what shue, I am delighted for u, that's a perfect example of happiness, it really is
                      "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Shue- I'd love to know how to find that recipe. It sounds fairly figure friendly and it's a good excuse to pull out the ice cream maker. Sounds very yummy!
                        AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Quick check in to say Hi to you all, before rushing off to the office..am feeling a bit better today - thanks to you wonderful ladies for your support.

Should have time to catch up and post a real post this weekend

One things is for SURE

xx

Comment

Good evening, Abbers!

Have been reading the posts, but just now getting around to posting.
                            I am 180 days AF today!!! Never, ever thought I'd get here! Will get to my noon AA meeting toorrow so that I can get my 6 month coin. Went to a meeting on Tuesday night--it was a pot luck followed by a meeting and the two speakers were good. Both men and sober for thirty anf 32 years. Pretty amazing!
                            Pap3, was thinking about you yesterday and was so happy to hear that the interview went well!! I will cross my fingers and say a prayer that you get it!
                            Kas, love your photos, as usuall!! How beautiful.
                            Sunni, the two "nuts" are adorable!! Peanut and Brazil nut. I like that!!
                            Hi to everybody else out there--Lav, Shue, Dizzy, Sugar, Almost, Det, etc.
                            The visit from owners--mom and daughter--went well at the store today. It was kind of fun to watch them squabbling!:H Tomorrow I'll just be in for three hours in the afternoon. Having dinner with a group of friends tomorrow night and have to try to find an appetizer to bring, as I don't have time to make anything.
                            Okay--will check in tomorrow.
                            Wishing everybody a great AF night!
                            TDN
                            "One day at a time."

Comment

Hey there, Gang of Several. I have to drive to town to post! Nuts. no internet up here, its the boonies. Sorry not to address each of you individually. I am thinking of you all though. I was shooting this rushing stream entry into the Columbia as my crew took the truck off down to my plots, when this guy came across the water, standing up in his flat bottom row boat. I had a good day out on the rivers edge today... At the end of the day I realized I was not thinking of how great it will be to go home and start on the wine. I was instead thinking of my garden, and getting out in my boat.

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X