gold coast marathon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gold coast marathon

Hi everyone,its been about 2 yrs since I last posted,with lots of ups and downs in between.But at the moment Iam on an up as Iam training for my first marathon.I have been training for about 3 months now.My drinking has been my downfall (as usual).I seem to be able to put a good af week in.Then BANG the switch is flicked and Iam a right off for a week.Then a good af week with good running.But now with only 7 weeks till the race I decided that now is the time to get serious as I want to make it a marathon that i can be proud of finishing.So I have been surfing around here looking at things and have started taking magnesium and L-Glut,hope they can help.Will keep you posted as to how its going.Anyone else doing the goldcoast marathon? Cheers everyone.

gold coast marathon

Hi Nomore; well done on the training. I'm afraid I am not a runner but this time 2 years ago I was in training for a 111mile cycle. I completed it in June.
    I drank all the way through training, maybe a bit less, but not much. I am proud that I finished but I can definitely say that should I be doing it again there would be NO ALCOHOL. I drank a bottle and a half of wine the night before; I shudder now to think of the danger I was putting myself in - pure madness.....think of the pressure I was putting on my organs. I believe I was not half as good as I could have been and was exhausted afterwards. I truly hope you get it together - it is a lifetime experience and you don't want to miss the joy of seeing where you come in the race without alcohol in your system. You will look back on it, like I do, with some regret if you don't do it AF.
    Go to the Newbies Nest and read these boards daily to help keep yourself on track.
    I have always said I would love to do a marathon. I wish you all the best and let us know how you are getting on.......
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

gold coast marathon

so far so good

Thanks Daisy 45 for the encouragement.5 weeks to go and so far so good,touch wood(tapping my head)ha.Went for a 3 and 1/2 hour jog this morning,felt strong till the last 1/2 hour.but happy with myself.Havent had a drink for 15 days now.Its definately easier without drinking.Will keep in touch.

Comment

gold coast marathon

nomore;1323713 wrote: Thanks Daisy 45 for the encouragement.5 weeks to go and so far so good,touch wood(tapping my head)ha.Went for a 3 and 1/2 hour jog this morning,felt strong till the last 1/2 hour.but happy with myself.Havent had a drink for 15 days now.Its definately easier without drinking.Will keep in touch.
        Good to hear you're doing great! Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X