AF Daily - Monday, May 21th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning you lovely people, righteo it was fierce quite around here yesterday from what I can see. I was one of the culprits not boppin in but hey I'm here not, no decaf allowed this morning and lots of expresso shots to get this place buzzing again today.

Also I'm kinda throwin a wee party for myself, I'm not big about shouting about time but I got 3 months, the old 90 days today and long may it continue, thanks so much to all of you for being here for me
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Sugaaaar, Congratulations !!!! I was lucky enough to follow you from your very first post. Amazing determination on you, girl!!!!

:wave::wave::wave:
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Congrats Sugarbeat! Whoohoo!
      What an inspiration you are.
      :yougo: :yougo: :yougo:
      I have a plumber coming out in half an hour as I think I am right in my belief that there shouldn't be water pouring through our bathroom ceiling...
      but I will check back in with you guys a bit later.
      :h

Comment

AH you two especially, it wouldn't be the same around here without you and I mean that

Dizzy, I've just thoroughly researched water coming through the ceiling and the general concensus is that its not good, hope this helps
        "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Congrats sugar :yay:
          3 AF months ~ awesome!

Greetings shue, Dizzy & everyone to come!
          Starting the week off with lots of clouds & rain, oh well. Sun will return in time for the long weekend.

Have a great AF Monday everyone!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Will be back in a bit, but just wanted to say :goodjob: and CONGRATS!! to you, Sugar!! Three months is wonderful!
            Lav, thanks for the photobucket info. Am trying to edit some pics and will post them soon.
            "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning all!

Sugar- awesome news!!! Big congrats and hugs to you.

Kas- 15 months is just unreal. You should be so dang proud of yourself.

Dizzy- whoa Nellie. I hope your plumber gets there stat! House problems stink.

Hi TDN, Lav, Shue and all the rest to pop in. I've been up since 3 am. Our inspection is today and I'm a nervous wreck. Better to be up early from nerves than alcohol! I'm officially 10 days away from my 100 day af goal. It's the longest I've been sober since I was preg. with DD. Happiest of Mondays to y'all!
              AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS ON 90 AF DAYS, SUGAR & FAMOUS!!! GREAT JOB!!

Coffee on the patio with the dog and cat hanging out by the firepit rocks. I watched bluebirds going in & out of their house, cardinals building a nest and a pair of woodpeckers working out on the suet Every morning should start like that. It feeds the mojo meter.

So, off organize the list of stuff I have to do today. One thing's for sure!
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good morning Febinstigators.

Congrats SUGAR on 90 DAYS!

Like Mz Shue, I too remember very clearly your first couple of posts and I was just so hoping you could focus on it and yez have done it!!! So proud of you!!

Almost, hope your inspection goes ok, and you get your house sold, its nerve wracking for sure...

Dizzy, a plumber is an amazing species, and seldom seen around here. Ive heard they are attracted to ceiling water though.

Lav, Greeny, TDN youuuuu hoooooo to youze. Et Madam Shue, aussi. And all others,

Yesterday and the day before i worked on that stinking paper,same one since December for gotz sake. I only have a few hours left of work on it, but I hope to get out in my boat, its been too damned long. My fun meter is showing a deficit.

One thing is for sure....

Kaslo
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hello FABbies and happy Monday!
                    It's a holiday weekend here, so now work, whoohoo!

Horsies and I conquered the evil fly spray this morning; Trouble just doesn't like it and Atlas goes into panic mode. But... we did it

Not much else new - been working outside all weekend and I'm pooped. We were supposed to get rain today (and need it desperately) but it doesn't look like that's happening.

Sugar... way to go on 90 days!!!! Very proud and happy for you!

Everyone else... hello and have a great evening!
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hello

Quick check in, just wanted to say a huge congratulations to Sugar on 90 days. Really pleased for you, just keep going!

Almost, hope your inspection went OK and Dizzy hope your plumbing crisis is over. Hi to everyone else.

See you tomorrow.

Sausage x
                      Day 88

Comment

Hi

Yeah, we managed to lure the rare plumbing bird with promises of lots of printed notes and in return it drank all the water in the bathroom ceiling and left us with a new valve or some such thing.

I'm just so grateful that today is OVER. I forgot to take my medication yesterday and have been feeling like pooh all day. Nauseos, anxious etc. not too different from my drinking days to be honest. I really hope this feeling is gone by morning, there was so much I wanted to do today but I just couldn't be bothered.

Of course all I wanted to do was take a nap to escape the terrible anxiety and nausea but I had to contend with the the gardener, plumber, my mom and my brother dropping by. It was like grand central station :durn:

Well, its 9:30 now and although its early I think I'll be forgiven for finally giving in to the sleep monster.

Goodnight everyone,
                        :h

Comment

WHOO HOO SUGAR!! CONGRATULATIONS ON 3 MONTHS!! :goodjob:

I totally remember your first posts adn I was so scared for you! The pain you were in was so raw and then one day-Poof!! You turned a corner and never looked back! So freaking proud of you!!

Almost-you've got 3 months too (no fair trying to hide it by saying you are 10 days away from 100 days LOL!!)!!! So here's your great big pink CONGRATULATIONS!!If I could get the stupid smilies to load I'd go find a neat one for ya!
                          Hope the inspection went very well. How is the search for a new house going?

Kas-Positive thoughts going out to the Kootenays that you finish the paper soon and that it is joyously received!!

Lav-did you get some rest today?

Dizzy-oh my! Not the rare Plumber Bird? Never a good luck sign but as long as he left you with a drier house and a new valve egg I guess it can't be all bad!! Hope you are sound alsleep by now!

Greenie-thanks for starting us off! Your mornings sound so idyllic these days!!

Way to much stuff over the weekend. Graduation with FULL catholic mass (oh the pain of it all!!) in a hot gym in the upper balcony. Followed by a stop at my bank to deposit a check from a client from March only to find out you can't deposit a business check into your personal account. Huh. One hour later I have a new business savings account (yes my bank is open on Sundays). Then rush home to change, pick up grad card and cake for party. Party was fun but hot, food was good, beer unfortunately smelled better but no, I did not cave. I was just hot, tired and hungry. Took care of that asap. Got home late, no sleep-who knew DD doesn't like the ceiling fan?? Not i until I figured it out at 3am!! Got into work late and didn't wake up until about an hour ago. Now I need some food and a good nites sleep! It's rainy and cool-perfect!!
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Happy Un-hung Monday ABeroooooos!

Sugarbeat a hearty congratulations to you dear! you have earned a special treat for sure.

well, no rest for the weary, packing up to depart to hotel world tomorrow yet again. hopefully starting the following week I can start to stay home a bit more. it's really grinding me down hate to say.

I have some grass-fed beef meatballs (using ground hazelnuts instead of flour) and they are roasting right now. the aroma of garlic and sun-dried tomatoes is just heavenly. instead of pasta they will be served on an enormous mound of organic arugula. try it....it's delightful.

be well everyone and any late ones too xxxxx
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Cauliflower. Is there really any point in eating it? Really?
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                              X