Just started Campral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started Campral

Well, I've been on here for a few days, 4 days without drinking. It's Friday night in Vegas, and I'm typing here instead of getting lit. I don't have the urge to drink yet, but got my Campral rx filled just now to try it. I was going to wait until I got the urge to drink, but then I figured it would take the pills a few days to kick in, and I might get weak in the mean time. I've just been taking Kudzu up to this point, and other suppliments. Anyway, I hope I have a better response than some have had with it. It states on the bottle, "call your doctor immediately if you experience new or worsening feelings of anxiety, sadness, depression, restlessness, or confusion" Wow!!! For God's sake, if I feel that way, I'm back on the sauce. Here is keeping my fingers crossed that I'm one of the lucky ones that don't get any of these side-effects. Just one question for those that take it. Can I stop after my first month? I'd hate to be dependent on these things. Thanks.

Oh, my first thread starter. Woohoo!!
    where does this go?

Just started Campral

Congrats on your 4 days and your starting your Campral! I lived in Vegas too for a couple of years in Summerlin.

Keep up the good work!!

Comment

Just started Campral

Hey accountable, did you find it harder not to drink in a place like Vegas, where it is 24/7? Or do you think it doesn't matter? I think it hurts me, cause no place closes, and you have to really screw up to get cut-off at most places. That, and most people I know have some vice.
      where does this go?

Comment

Just started Campral

I didn't drink when I lived in Vegas... LOL! No, really, I didn't. I think I got drunk two or three times there. I was absolutely HORRIFIED at the site of liquor isles in grocery stores & mini marts & everywhere. You won't find that here!!! We only got private liquor stores in the last 10 years here in BC. It was all Government Liquor stores before that and they shutter down at 9pm Mon-Thurs, 11 on Fri-Sat, and weren't open on Sundays. Offsales were available at pubs - but OUCH what a fortune!!

If I were living there during my drinking years I would be dead. Flat out DEAD - no lie there. The alcohol is so convenient and cheap. It is a fraction of the price we pay in Canada. So to answer your question - yes I think it would be harder to not drink in Vegas. It was once I returned to Canada from living there I turned into a drunken sailor!!!! Must of been a subconscience build-up being so overly exposed to the possibilities of buying it at anytime. Came back here and GLUG! GLUG! GLUG!

You will have to use WILLPOWER my friend!!! Lots of it. BTW - My living in Vegas was such a neat experience. I just loved it. I miss it quite a bit too. The weather and the cheap shopping LOL!

Comment

Just started Campral

Wow. Such irony. I'm sorry that you are drinking up there. I worked with a friend that moved up there a year or so. He was up there on vacation, and took a bunch of pictures. He would show everybody the pics, and say, "I'm going to live up there." It looked amazing. I miss the natural beauty like that, living in this city that is completely man-made. But, I guess as the song goes, "if I can make it here, I'll make it anywhere.". It is good getting to know you account. Look forward to some more discussion on the boards.
          where does this go?

Comment

Just started Campral

It is beautiful up here. I was born and raised here.... You know the expression "The grass is greener on the other side." I guess I take this scenery for granted because I have spent my whole life here pretty much. Vegas was the complete opposite..... grass is greener. Anyway, I am starting to appreciate everything now... after abusing myself to the brink of death, I appreciate all beauty. You would love it here if you are into 'nature.' I will tell you what. You send me some of that gorgeous sunshine and I will send you some nature.

It is nice getting to know you too Morrison.

Comment

Just started Campral

Hi Morrison,
              You'll need to take Campral longer than a month. As far as I know, they're not addictive. Why not have a chat to your doc if you have concerns. Have you looked in the other section here about Campral, Topo etc.

Accountable, I'm glad you you got out of L.V. when you did. Every week here I watch Grisham and his team try to sort out grisly murders thatt happen there. Blow me down! There's another episode on tonight ! I'll have to watch it and get the feel for where you live Miorrison!!

Comment

Just started Campral

Yes my understanding is you can take Campral even up to a year if necessary . I was on it since November and just switched to Topa. Was drinking on Campral - which reduced its effectiveness. Duh but....true.
                sri

Comment

Just started Campral

Rags, CSI is a great show. Grissom is the man!! I don't know how long I'll take the Campral, I'll leave it up to my doc. I stopped drinking a few days before taking it. I started taking the Kudzu the day I said this was the time I'd stop for good. I've taken the Campral the last 3 days. I have no desire to drink. Is it the Kudzu, Campral, I'm just that sick of drinking, or all 3? I really don't know. I'll probably see what my doc thinks, and take it from there. If I stop taking it, and I get the urge to drink, I'll start taking it again. A lot of people on here said they continued to drink with Campral, but I think, from what I've read, is you need to make the committment to abstain and dry out before you start taking it.

Sri, thanks for letting me know about your situation with the Campral and Topa. It's good to know that if I start to drink despite taking the Campral, that Topa is an option. I take it you prefer Topa? Ha, the doorbell just rang, and UPS just dropped off my copy of "The Easy Way to Stop Drinking" by Allen Carr. This should kill some time. Take care. I'll chat with you guys later.
                  where does this go?

Comment

Just started Campral

I might have liked Campral if I'd actually made the commitment to stop drinking....I was trying to moderate. Unsuccessfully. So not sure if Campral or Topa or abstaining...but this time it is working. Let me know how you like the other book!!! Congrats on the first few days! I am almost through Day 11 AF! See ya!
                    sri

Comment

Just started Campral

Sri, great job on 11 days. As for the book, I was really tired last night, so I only read a few chapters but I love it so far. I had to get up early today, but kept reading, until I figured it was best to crash. I planned on starting a post about it when I finish. I know MWO has a book, but if there is something else out there that helps too, I say go for it.
                      where does this go?

Comment

Just started Campral

good work Morrison, I too just began Campral...so far feel fine but only just started on Sat. My doc says Campral AND a dedicated support program together DO have a very highly respected success rate, and almost zero side effects for most folks. Let's stay in touch on how we do
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Just started Campral

Hello,
                          What exactly is Campral in comparsen to Topamax? I'm Taking 175 mg daily and still want to drink. Not as bad as I use to, But I still think about alcohol often, and wouldn't refuse it if offerd to me. What About the Kudzu? I am following the My Way Out by the book, Except the hynosis is boring me to death and time consuming, so I my be slacking on that I bit.
                          But anyway..... I am Taking Kudzu 150mgs 3x a day, do I need to take more to make me not want to drink?
                          Please help?

Comment

Just started Campral

good question Trixie, different for different folks. I try to take 600mg of the MWO kudzu twice per day and it seems to help (with the right attitude). I still have my trigger responses I'm trying to understand though. Lots of info on Topa in RJ's book. Campral at two 330mg tablets three times per day is what I'm doing also and so far I'm craving-free and AF for 9 days now. The more I hear about Topa the more I'm interested. I still have so much to learn! don't be afraid to ask more questions and let us know how you're doing.
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Just started Campral

Determinator. Glad to hear you're not having cravings with the Campral. A lot of folks on here stated they were drinking while taking the Campral. I haven't really had much of an urge yet. I'm on day 32 AF. I started Camptral about a week in after deciding to quit, so I have a week left on my rx. I haven't decided to continue taking it when the bottle is through. If I stop taking it, I'll let you know if the cravings come back. That is probably the best indicator of how well it is working for me. If the cravings do come back, I guess I'll ge the rx filled. Hell, with my co-pay it is 50 bucks. A third on what I would waste on a Fri or Sat night, so obviously money isn't the issue. Ultimately, my goad by the end of the year is to be all natural, and no more rx drugs.
                              where does this go?

Comment

Working...
                              X