Possibly a hernia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly a hernia?

I'm a bit concerned. I was shooting hoops a few weeks ago, and pulled my groin muscle. So I thought. I got a pain from my inner right thigh, up to the bottom part of my abdomen on the right side. A couple weeks went by, and the pain left, except for an area below my naval, and above my manliness, a little to the right. The area affected is about the size of my fist. It only hurts when I do certain things, but this recover is taking awhile. All the research I did online points to a sports hernia. This is the type of hernia in that area, where there actually isn't a bump. I have a doctors appointment coming up. It's not until Thursday. I'll be stressing until then. I just want somebody to come on here and say, "hey, I had that too, and it was just a pulled muscle." Sadly, I think it is a hernia, which would mean going under the knife.
    where does this go?

Possibly a hernia?

Damn, just saw the thread below

After posting, I saw the thread about booze detioriating muscle. Now I'm more concerned I have a hernia!!
    where does this go?

Comment

Possibly a hernia?

Tee hee Morr, I know this is a real worry to you but until you see your Doc you will be in worry mode. Sound like muscle strain to me which I am NOT trivialising as very very painful and even MORE painful while healing (I am not a Doctor). Four weeks ago on Sunday I took a tumble down the stairs, fine at first (of course) but come Tuesday back at work I was in absolute agony and was sure I had broken my hip, punctured my lung, split my kidney.... oh i could go on and on. Luckily I work in a small community hospital with minor injury unit so off I took myself to see our friendly Doc who told me I had 'damaged' my hip joint (sacral iliac to be precise) and that was all, unforunately he wouldn't sign me off work to 'rest' as I had to exercise it, what a bummber but my point is that four weeks on I am now in agony with .... wait for it.... (I luv the medical terms especially when they are MINE) I have developed costochondritis, phew, that sounds important but it is just secondary to the trauma of my fall so although my hip (sacral iliac - tee hee) is sorted I am still in very bad pain. My point is don't worry, everyone fears the worst and we are all in danger of becoming internet doctors. I really must be the worst at this, my job is a medical secretary so I have access to this kinds of things at work and I really have to stop myself from having all sorts of things past and present. I really am not trivialising your very real worries, honestly I am not, I am just trying to humour you through to Thursday. Are you near an A&E or similar? You might think about going along for a chat with the nurse, you will not be wasting anyones time, and contrary to some beliefs no one minds setting someone elses mind at rest at these places, they are only glad to be able to tell folks that they are ok - would you think any worry of any persons was wasting your time if your job was to work at one of those places? no of course not, go on, get it over with eh, and PLEASE LET US KNOW. Thinking of you.

Lorna
      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Possibly a hernia?

Morrison, Can you see your doc earlier? See if you can get on a standby/cancellation list.
        It may be nothing more than a strain, but painful nevertheless.
        Yeah, I'm wondering abpout my muscle mass too. But good news, I had a heart echo done yesterday and all looks OK.

Comment

Possibly a hernia?

Great news about your echo Rags, what a relief it is when we finally get to see our Docs or gets results through. Were you having heart probs?

Lorna
          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Possibly a hernia?

Thank you Bur and Tea. I am a constant worrier. The thing is, besides my drinking, I was always in good shape, and a jock. I've never had a strain or tear this long. But, I am not getting younger. I wanted to get into the doc sooner, but he is away until Thursday, and you know how hard it could be to find a good doc. So, since then I've been taking it easy physically, icing, and rubbing aspirin cream on there, and I'm getting by. I'll post the results when I get them. Thanks again tea for that story. I'm hoping it is something that won't require the knife. :upset:
            where does this go?

Comment

Working...
            X