Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF - Daily, Saturday May 26th

Hello hello hello,

While you are still in your jammies over the pond I made hazelnut coffee and my mom has made pancackes with a huge array of homemade jams - quince is my fave.

I really need to get home, one more day here means one more kilo on my bottom.

I'll have tea served on my terrace when I get home.

Gotta make tracks soon ... I need to figure out how to fit half a veal and two lamb legs in my portable freezer bag. And I cannot have any bits sticking out or my dog will have a very pleasant 5 hour drive back. My mom's cousin has a farm . Ya ya yo.

Catch you later.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

shueaddict;1323150 wrote: I need to figure out how to fit half a veal and two lamb legs in my portable freezer bag. And I cannot have any bits sticking out or my dog will have a very pleasant 5 hour drive back.
    :H:H:H

Morning Shue and all to follow

That really made me laugh. It's going to be really warm and sunny today (rare for Scotland!) Mr Sausage is even going to get the kids paddling pool out this morning.

Have a good day everyone

Sausage x
    Day 93

Comment

Morning guys

Well I'm dreading this but here goes. I had a bottle of wine. I was miserable and sick and drowzy from cold meds and I had another fight with my bf because he decided to rent a flat without a balcony even though he knows how much I love gardening. There's obviously much more to the argument than that but I don't want to go into that.

I was aware of the bottle being in the house for a while but for some reason all of a sudden it just convinced me that it would take away the pain for a bit. The pain of being sick and not knowing if I should stay here or go to the UK and being worried about my dad's operation next week. etc. etc.

I know its all a load of BS. Of course it didn't help. It just made me feel worse. And its still continuing to make me feel bad today. So not only did I not feel better I lost two days that I could've used to do stuff in. How very very stupid.

So I did 31 days and then did 25 and now I'm back on day 1.

Thanks for cheering me up with your dog story Shue. That coffee sounds yum.

And you too Sausage for your little ironic Scotland sunshine comment. Did you see those inserts on Little Britain on Scottish weather? Its hilarious.

I wish everyone a great Saturday.

:h

Comment

Ello you good people

I can picture you Shue with your pondering head over the freezer box, god speed to you on havin your aha moment on how they will fit in;0

Much like ye lot over in Scotland Sausage we're having the most fabulous weather, I'm covered in sun block my fair Irish skin is not built for this weather, but wow I love it and long may it last. Oh and its Eurovision night on this side of the world, that show rises to new levels on cheesy/cringy scale every year its so worth watchin for the laugh, and the commentary is priceless

Anyhow have a groovy day one and all and I'll talk laters
        "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Cross post Dizzy, I'm so sorry you got down again, curl up, take it handy, try not to analysis this too much until the fog has cleared again. You can do this I know you can, I'm thowing you over a big hug
          "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Good morning all!

Shue, thanks to you and your Mom for a delicious breakfast and coffee. Tie that bad boy to your roof and with any luck it will be cooked by the time you're home. :H kidding, of course. Last year I traveled across country with various items from my Dad's garden. Onions weren't the smartest thing to travel with. P U

Dizzy- that damn beast deserves a swift kick in the unmentionables. Back on the train! I'm glad you confessed.

Turn- gorgeous photo. Thanks for sharing.

Fly- thankfully the buyers paid for their own inspection. The "novel" had to cost a small fortune. Everything square inch of our home was tested.

Sausage- enjoy your sunny day!

Sugar- fair skinned people might hate it when they are young but the end up with the loveliest skin when they are older. I abused my skin in my youth. I could and did get very tan. Now, I'm trying to figure out how to combat those darn brown spots that keep appearing! Argh!

Have a great day all to peek in.
            AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Haven't seen a speck of sunshine yet
              This a a holiday weekend & we're all supposed to be outside playing, oh well.

Shue, wishing you a safe & meaty drive home

Enjoy that warm weather Sausage!

Dizzy, I'm sorry to hear that you decided to drink. It didn't change anything or make anything better, did it? Reaching for a bottle never made anything better for me either. Just jump back on board & let's look for a better way to comfort yourself

sugar, you enjoy that nice weather & don't burn!
              I had so many sunburns as a kid.......no one used sunscreen back in those days, unfortunately/

Almost, there's nothing wrong with a nice garlic & onion aroma but maybe not so much in your car :H

I will be spending the day prepping foods for tomorrow's BBQ. Last evening I baked three kinds of biscotti (vanilla, cranberry & almond) just because I was bored
              Have a great AF Saturday!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I've got about 3 minutes to check in. I'm at work until mid-afternoon and then I come back in at 10pm tonight for the midnight shift. Probably won't be able to check in much until tomorrow or Monday but I'm thinking of you all and wishing you peace. :h

Comment

Hi Fabunkies. Time for a quick read and a few words only till later today. Great visual Shue. I too would be dragging some victuals home in a cooler. Diz, not good. But a good lesson, since when does wine actually help. Its not medicinal at all. Its a bottle of crap, in the end. And also, I have to say that as Ms Science Drawers, if I was in your current position, I would be making a written list of what I like about what I am about to do, and what I dont like about what I am about to do, then trying to make a practical and far-reaching-into-the-future decision. And sticking to it. In the end that makes the decision and the results an acceptable outcome. And MUCH easier on Ms Science Gaunchies happy meter.

We have to get the boats going. last weekend I worked the whole time then when we finally had an opportunity it poured rain the whole day.

Have a wonderful day in Fab land you nice people. Be good.

Love
                  kaslo
                  Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Deleted my previous message. TOO BOSSY. So I flushed it. I will try to post some pix of the lac du jour.
                    Kaslo

Comment

This was yesterday.

Kaslo

Comment

FlyAway, you have a peaceful night at work, OK?
                        Boy do I remember those night shifts!!!! So glad they are over for me :H

Kaslo, why are you deleting posts?
                        Are you working too hard lady??
                        Beautiful picture as always.

I did some cooking, some baking, some cleaning (not much), some gardening (not much of that either), the usual animal care, etc. & now I am TIRED.

Wishing everyone a good night
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Oh I just started dispensing advice, Lav, and really, I should just put a sock in it. I know its not good to delete posts, but when I came back to look at it, it just struck me as a bit too over the top.

As for work, well, it IS that time of the year, yes. I have an annual field study which gets me out to some incredible sites, my daughter and her boyfriend work on the project, and have for three years, and there is one other biologist as well. Its incredibly pleasant. The fieldwork is easy and safe, in stunning settings, usually lovely, but the pace is a bit fierce, as the water is rising as we are taking measurements of permanent plots. Still its a priveledge to be able to make money in such great places. Usually I am dealing with diseased, stressed, messed up vegetation near old gas plants, smelters, explosion sites, etc. In fact I will go on to do that next.

Have to make hay while the sun shines. This is Rosebud Lake, the morning lake in our kayaking jaunt today (hope this doesnt blow up too big)

Kas
                          Kaslo

Comment

And another of Rosebud Lake. This is on a paved road, with little free campsites, very near the US border south of Nelson. Its a bird sanctuary. There are private lots on one side. The wild birds here are quite tame. Thats my truck parked there.

Kaslo

Comment

OMG Kas!! I so had forgotten how beautiful that country is!! Thanks for bringing back memories!! If I ever get the RV of my dreams, ROAD TRIP!!
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X