New to MWO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to MWO

Hello to all. I am new to MWO and also cumputer. My story I was a bringe black out drinker in my teens. Went to AA at 20 atending meeting for 13 yrs was very active for many years. Ouit going to meetings around 13 yrs, stayed sober another 7yrs. After survieing the passing of mother Father two siblings in a 2 yr period 8 yrs later was in a store one day thought boy a beer would be good. That was Oct.2000. Since then been AF 30 days 3times 90days 2 times 6 months once. Outpatient treatment twice. AA just dont cut it for right now. Drink beer everyday 5% PLUS grianed 100 lbs over the last 7 yrs. Anyway read MWO book oreded whole program should be here today or Tue along with topa. So will start complete program one day next week. Taper down to 4 16 oz beers aday . So realy want to get heathy and happy AF. Been reading your storties and brings me hope also not so hard on myself. thanks

New to MWO

Hi Tom and :welcome:
    You obviously have the fortitude to do this, and MWO will give you that extra backing; you already have a step up!
    Nice to meet you and hope to hear more from you.
    love
    blondie

Comment

New to MWO

Hi Tom,
      Welcome and you look like you are doing OK both with recognising your need to do something about your drinking and your computer skills. I don't know why people get all funny about computers, I was in my late 40's when I first used a computer and I love them. One peice of advise if I may, it helps if you can type the old fashioned way.

Blondie, love your dog. How did you get the picture to the right size in terms of megabytes to put it on here. I have a dear little dog and would like to put her on too.

Keep up the good work both of you.
      Diana
      eace:

Comment

New to MWO

thanks

Comment

New to MWO

any typeing is new to me

Comment

New to MWO

Welcome Tom...you have come to the right place...we are all here for eachother through our victories and our falls...you will get nothing but support here

Much love

Lou-Lou x x
            "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

New to MWO

Hi Tom
              Sometimes it looks like typing is new to me too:H

Diana, I can't believe that I am going to offer advice on techno stuff here; Been here a year and only yesterday managed to do the avatar!! Open the pic in MS picture manager and edit it, there are cropping tools and just move them down till you've got the pic to the size you want. Was kind of scared about putting it up in case someone recognised him/me; but frankly my dear, I don't give a damn
              Hope that helps
              love
              blondie

Comment

New to MWO

Dear Blondie,
                I don't care if anyone recognises me, I have used my real first name and the state in which I live. I hope if someone else is looking at this site from the local area and recognises that it is me then they can come and have a chat because I figure that you probably are looking on this site because you have a problem.

Job wise I am retired although I still do a bit of casual work at a senior level of my profession.
                Thanks for the advise on the picture. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Diana
                eace:

Comment

New to MWO

Hay Tom,

Been to AA, went out on my own stayed sober for a few years. Then the day comes when something stressful hits you right between the eyes and you pick up that drink. Most of us have been on this Merry-Go-Round before. We're here to support each other............Good Luck & Welcome! IAD
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

New to MWO

Dear Blondie, When I get a bit more confident, I'll try posting a pic.

Diana, I admire you stance. I'm just a little more wary than you, but told enough people on the site where I live, and often use my name. Are there more than 4 people called Diana in Qld?

Tom, If you lived in Australia I'd say you drank Coopers Sparkling Ale. 5.4%. So I beat you by 0.4%, not that alcohol dependency is a competition! That weight gain is putting you in the risk area for diabetes and heart problems. And our liver tries to get rid of the most noxious poisons first, so is so busy and takes so much time working to rid our body of alcohol that the food we eat goes to fat. Have a look at the threads in "FITNESS FIRST" that AA and I wrote about the New Scientist article.
                    It sounds like you have a plan and the attitude to make it work. You'll get lots of support and help here.
                    I've started to lose weight, and though still drinking, have cut down dramatically. You can do it. The supps really do help. Give kudzu a try too. I found it helps a lot.
                    Rags.

Comment

New to MWO

THANKS TO EVERY ONE

Comment

New to MWO

Hello

Hello Tom, this site will change your life if you would only let it. Welcome.

Lorna
                        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

New to MWO

Tom
                          I am new too, havnt started yet, setting my date soon, waiting for my stuff x we are gonna do it this time x dont forget the exercise it is very very imortant x even a bit x just a determined walk round the block x and please try to eat better x

Comment

New to MWO

tom
                            didnt mean to say that xx lets just all look at waht we are eating xxxxxxx

Comment

New to MWO

i need to

Comment

Working...
                              X