Rebecca53

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebecca53

I used to drink 20 years ago - after I had my children I quit - they left to go to college, I began again. I would like to slow down my desire to drink and/or become alcholhol free. I have been taking the Kudzu Rescue for about 8 days and my cravings have definitely lessoned, but of course are not gone. I am interested in asking my doctor for Topomax, but I have no idea what mg would be good for me. I want to change the way I drink - and I don't want to drink daily. Has anyone been taking Topomax and if so what mg?

Rebecca53

Hello Rebecca
    I got all the supplements and the Topa and didn't think twice about using any; after all, the poison I'd been putting in my body for years must be mild compared to this! I find that I only take the Topa, just in case,but the supps work well enough to suppress my cravings - it's just trying to replace the drinking habit with something else that is the problem.
    Good to see you; it's certainly wonderful here
    love blondie

Comment

Rebecca53

Rebecca:
      I just started topa last week. 25mgs per day this week, 50mgs per day next week, and so forth until the cravings go away. Don't go higher than 300 per day. Have you read the book? It is all outlined in there.
      best of luck!
      Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

Rebecca53

Rebecca, your story sounds exactly like mine. I followed RJs recommendations exactly and brought them to the docdor. He prescribed the drug based on her schedule. You can download it from the main homepage..look for the updates link. I started at 20mg and had to experiment when I got to 175-200..each person has to find the best dosage for them. The titrating schedule is important. Following the program as prescribed by Roberta helped me go back to Abstinence eventually. I stayed on the topamax for just a little over 3 months..tried modertaion for a while and finally decided to go abs since it was obvious that I just wasn't going to be able to moderate as well as I had hoped without the topamax...I didn't want to stay on the drug for an extended period of time because I didn't feel great on it..it was well worth the 3+ months though, it got me where I wanted to be and now I'm doing great..4 months AF...and got the desire to drink out of my system.
        Good Luck!
        d

Comment

Rebecca53

Rebecca
          Topamax has worked great for me but I still take it. Took the craving away almost completly. I dont have any side effects anymore. Only problem is I dont want to stop now.
          Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
          X