Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Monday May 28th

Good morning, great folks of the Daily AF-ness ,

I had a great night?s sleep and started my day by reading yesterday?s thread all over again. Quite possibly one of the best I?ve seen in only one day. Pap, especially, thank you again for the much needed slap over the head. Mo3, Lav, Kas, Lvt and Det, Greenie ? Sugar ? awesome last post.

So I put on my big girl pants and I am trying harder to be more in tune with what I am possibly overlooking. I am happy and content with my life and I no longer let work get to me ? not for a while now. I need to fit in more exercise, for sure.

I am travelling every week for the next month or so ? I will have many more challenges, I know, but I will not let myself grow tired or let my guard down.

OK, enough rambling !!! TND and Dizzy ? I am holding hands here with you and saying:

?I will not drink ? NO MATTER WHAT!!!!" Repeat, repeat repeat.

The French roast is steaming, Sugar?s decaf is on the side and Pap?s tea pot is in the tea cosy. Time to get this show on the road.

You warm my heart, you guys!!!

:h:h:h
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Good morning, all!

Shue, I'm with you on the amazing messages here yesterday! It is such a supportive place and that is why I didn't hesitate in reporting my SS (stupid slip.)
    I know that I didn't do what I should have, and I knew what I was doing. Stupid. That is it. No excuses, and I have learned another lesson.
    Pap, I am very sorry for all the turmoil in your life. I pray it will all work out well. When will you hear about the new job? I so hope it comes. I do admire your strength and commitment and your sincere concern for everybody here despite your own situation.
    Had a really great day yesterday! Church was beautiful, with the focus on remembering those who have so unselfishly given their lives for our country's freedom. And I borrowed a book on miracles and hope from the library. It includes the story about one of the church member's faith throughout her husband's illness and subsequent death. We stoped to see our friends at their lake house and as my dear friend and I sat with her miracle Kitty watching the boats float by, I read the five pages aloud. Then I silently read a little book she had picked up the other day--The Precious Present. It had a lot of meaning for her, as it was the original name of one of their boats. She is very spiritual and the time together yesterday was lovely. And work was busy and I am grateful to have such a nice job. Grateful for so many things.
    Not sure what we'll do today, but it looks like the rain will hold off and I would love to get to the experimental painting for a bit. And getting my walk in soon, as it is a great way to start the day!
    Wishing everybody a great AF day!
    TDN
    "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning all,

Shue- yes, there were some very powerful posts yesterday. They really helped me a lot. Wishing you safe travels. Please check in when you are able. You sound like you are in a good place.

Green- I have always loved fireflies. They remind me of camp as a kid.

Has anyone heard from Sunni?

You all are such a funny, bright, caring group of peeps. I'm so glad I dragged my butt to this thread months ago. :h
      Happy Memorial Day to those in the USA. Hello to TDN, Kas, Dizzy, Det, Papmom, Momof3, Sugar, Fly, Turn, Sausage, LVT, Dizzy and everyone else that aging, stressed brain is forgetting.
      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Cross post TDN!!! I should have known...
        Good morning!!! Enjoy your walk. Happy painting.
        AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Paging Dizzy, hope your cold is better, how are you feeling today? I miss your chirps ... Let us know how you are.

Almost - when are you closing for the house?

TND - I have not been to church in ages, but still try to keep faith in my heart.

Comment

Good Morning Everyone!!

Off to the river with my girls and hubbie to go tubing. Weeeeeee.

Everyone have their big girl (boy) pants on today?

Det, Happy one year anniversary. And yes, I agree that having alcohol in the home is not a good idea

:h:lto all

M3
            AF Since April 20, 2008
            4 Years!!!
            :lilheart:

Comment

Ah hello all, t'was all very powerful stuff yesterday and I don't think their was one person on or little ship that didn't gai from it.

Cheers for the coffee Shue, you got the spirit I like to hear in you today

TND, Almost, happy monday to you both, great to hear you both here is good form, oh and another thing these fireflies, I've never had the pleasure of meeting them heard about them a milion times, might give them an old google and educate myself a wee bit

Anyhow in my world all is good, I'm wide open to the perfect job, tryin to let go a bit and get a bit of ease while its brewing up. We are having one amazing heat wave here, heat and blue skies are starting to be the norm, and I'm getting a few wee freckles on my cheeks.

On the recovery path, lots of changes goin on, the thing about me is I could write a book on addiction, but now I'm working on the feelings and actions and changes involved, I suppose its all about the difference beween knowledge and wisdom. There is no point knowing it all and doing nothing about it and I think I was in that land for a long time, I'd try something for a little while (positive thinking, faith,meditation) but ease off then and low and behold the old thinking patterns slipped back in and drink was part for that pattern. Oh its strange and weird and difficult sometimes to mput it lightly ang very confusing, with all this self examinaton and goin against the grain of what I got used to but I 'm giving it a good shot

Anyhow that's me this afternoon my friends, I'll be swaying in and out as the day goes by, hope Dizzy and Sunni are ok, your heads are missed around here
              "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Oh and big girls pants is on and tightly secured today
                "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

shueaddict;1324226 wrote:

Almost - when are you closing for the house?
                  In 2 weeks. Good times.

Sugar- way to keep those pants tightly secured.

Momof3- happy tubing. That sounds fun!

Dizzy and Sunni- I'm thinking of you both and hope you check in soon.
                  Dizzy- I may stop using paragraphs until you come back. :H
                  AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Jumped right into a fresh pair of BGPs this morning because of yesterday's universal disturbance :H
                    I am not taking any chances - no way, no how

CONGRATS Det!
                    Time slips by quickly when you are having sober fun, huh??

Come to think of it, I haven't had a drop of AL in the house since my quit. I didn't trust myself & still don't, really. Sometimes my son or YB will bring beer for themselves but I'm not tempted by beer. My girls have been pregnant and/or breast feeding for the past 3 1/2 years so they have stayed away from AL. At this point they very well could begin to drink again but I don't think they would bring any here. If they do I will remain strong

Shue, sugar, Almost, TDN, M3, Greenie & everyone - I hope you have a great AF day!
                    Sunni & Dizzy, please check in, we miss you!

Going to search for an indoor project today. It's hot, humid & threatening rain outside - yuck.
                    Will be back later,
                    Lav

Edited to add something I just saw on my FB page - good timing
                    Give your head a rest from thinking | Wildmind Buddhist Meditation
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning Fabalistics. I too read back over yesterdays thread. Pap blew my doors off AGAIN, on a second run.

Hello and good morning to all of you, especially Turn who I missed yesterday. I am not having a lot of time, its my field season, and Im home for weekends but then off in the reservoir during the week. Well not IN but on the beaches of. So its almost 6 AM here, and I have to pile the last of my crap into the truck, but one last thing I want to address: and that is evasiveness.

As Al people of yore we are masters at evading the issue. Not dealing with shit. Handing it over to AL to allow the aldehydes and various -ol compounds to sort it out amoung themselves. (Leaving our physiology in a steaming wreck as a result). Taking flights of fancy virtually anywhere where we dont have to deal with the shit.

Like Mom3 I love this place for the honesty. Just confessing we have fallen takes cajones the size of Montreal (or at least Lytton). But actually understanding WHY we have fallen, and what we must do to cope without the AL is much easier to skirt around, because really:

1. We dont want to burden others with our shit
                      2. Our shit scares the crap out of us
                      3. We might actually have to wade in it and then read what others have to say about it

I am not asking for confessions but I am asking people to sit down with a piece of paper and a pencil and write out what is really bugging them, and what they need to do abou it. Say no more. Say nothing to US. But deal with it. Please.

Love to all on this very fine Monday morning. I am going to a place called Appledale. I think there may be a website. Isnt there one for everything? One last thing,....I bought a BIKE this weekend!! I am so pumped, never thought I would get on one again, but Marshys bike reminded me of how much I love to ride, (used to have horses). Everyone be well.

Love

Kaslo of the sandy shores
                      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Kas, I hear ya' , loud and clear.

My gosh you are up early ... have a great day, do send us another postcard.

Off to yoga soon - I am starting to like it and really look forward to it.

Comment

Hi All
                          I am not that active in the treads anymore but do read daily. I want to say that yesterday's tread was very powerful in the honesty expressed. This is the type of support that will help each member be accountable and get al out of their lives. We all have our share of problems and stress in our lives but we also have a problem that doesn't allow us to have al.
                          It takes a long time to really get al out of our lives and any time we bring it back in is a set back that should be taken very serious. For those of us who have crossed into the world of al controlling us' a relapse can = death.
                          I view a relapse as a threat to my life. The same as someone holding a gun to my head. As a member here I expect you to hold me accountable. Well done pap in holding us accountable.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                          AF 5-16-08
                          Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                          AF 5-16-08

Comment

Happy New Week Faberoonies!!

There are TBGP (titanium big girl pants) for anyone who needs them. Also velcro suits to stay tight to us and your committment to an AF life.

What a gorgeous day so far!! Its slightly cool but will get muggy later on with a chance of Tstorms.

My house is clean!!! It is like a ton of weight has been lifted from my shoulders now that I have neat and tidy yard and house. Why oh why can't I do this on a regular basis so I feel this good ALL the time?? Might have to make a visit to FlyLady.net and get back on that program, this time with a vengence!! Looking forward to all the great happenings today!

Greenie-oh how I LURVE fireflys!! How cool that you have a special mating place they go to! Oh and great job on the spelling-I think it was perfect!!
                            I do have fireflies in my yard when I take the time to watch for them. Also a bat or two, a toad, some butterfly, obviously birds, some dragonflys and assorted other creatures. Not bad for an urban yard!!

TDN-what a lovely day you had yesterday!! Hold tight to that memory and those feelings!!

Kas and Shue-safe travels and pics would be welcome!! Kas-I love your idea of putting pen to paper. I did it yesterday on this thread and felt so much better afterwards! Actually tackled some of the chores with a smile on my face!!

Lav-good luck dodging the Tstorms. We'll get the bulk of them tomorrow which I hate as the anniversary of our tornado last year is coming up and I have to be at work while the kids will be home alone. I will try not to worry non stop and try not to keep track of the weather minute by minute!!

M3-yippee!! tubing!! Have a ton of fun!! You are in such a great area!!

Almost-slow and steady wins the race against time and your move. Not envying you but keeping you in my thoughts.

DET-HAPPY 1 YEAR PLUS!! There has been a definite shift in your mindset this year and I am very proud of you!! Keep up the great work!!

Sugar-great post this morning!! I'm so glad the weather has improved over there especially since my neph is still battling the pneumonia. I sure hope he's getting out into the heat and sun for a bit each day. I think maybe I'll FB him and give him a push.

OK, gotta hop in the shower. Friend arrives in 45 min at the least.
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Xcross post Caysea-Happy 4 years!! You rock!!
                              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                              X