lent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lent

hi everyone not sure if anyone realises that it is the start of lent on wednesday and i thought i would make it my motovation to stop drinking ,been having a bit of a bad patch this wee while back,i seem to have lost my direction and am desperate to get back on track so hope lent might be all that i need.i also pray to my guardian angel and the arch angels to keep me strong in my efforts so hope that at the end of lent i will be writing 6 weeks af

love maryt

lent

Maryt,

Some of us need a motivation point to get started. I can't think of a better one. Prayer and support is strong medicine. You can get support in varios places. (Church,home (sometimes) and here) I can tell by the amount of posts you've made you have been here awhile. You know the drill.....try the book MWO & some of the supplements. Be praying for you & Good luck............IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

lent

Ash wednesday

hi all

I totally agree that Ash Wednesday is a good starting point and the six weeks leading to Easter.///a time of new beginnings with moderating or AF.

I,ve signed up for lenten talks. not ready for the confession (could be very entertaining and take hours!!)but seriously hope to do that this lent..I,ve found it amazingly emotional when sharing how i feel with a priest and joyous to leave feeling forgiven and not having to go back over old stuff. After confession and knowing i am forgiven then the only way is forward in hope.

I am not trying to preach just wanting to say there are more ways to crack the compulsion that medicine, hypnosis and they are valuable but maybe for some trusting in God and getting some support from a church may help also.

Like many of you i have drank booze for donkeys years and had shameful experiences...just made it to the loo, become argumentative, become melancholy.the amount of weddings and parties when I have been drunk is painful to recall.
      At 52 its time i got a grip if at all possible..I have been trying to moderate for one week now and ahieved 2 nights when i had 3 glasses of wine (large of course)!!

The plan is to have a night out with friends tonight and yes here we go.....Lent beckons so hope to go AF for 6 weeks.

The plus side should be for me.. so guilty feelings in the mornings, no struggling to recall the end of the TV programme, no more bed with make up on, no more embarassing drunken fumblings in the sheets with hubby and then falling asleep at the wrong moment, so more bad breath and stinky wind in bed(I sound really attractive dont I ?)

No more in and out to the loo at night and drinking water in between snoring#

As you can tell alcohol has brought on some very unattractive habits

So tonight the prayer and hope is that i go out and have 3 drinks and press the off switch,,,
      last time i went out and drank too much i set the serviette on fire in a posh restuarant !it could have been worse i could have wet my pants or had my dress tucked up my pants(havent done this yet but near misses!!!!).

I did set the serviette on fire in a nice restuarant as i leant over the candle having had a wine or two too many recently.

So here is hoping i manage to behave tonight and stick to the plan...then its LENT. 6 weels of no alcohol,,how lovely.

maybe i would get to bed earlier . take makeup off and wake up feeling great. Need to lose just a few pounds so maybe LENT is the time for new beginnings in more ways than one...anybody else coming on this LENTEN 2007 trip??????????????

My hubby and best mate are on board too...its great to have support and real people who encourage when the going gets tough or I fall off my perch again.

good luck to you all...no doubt I will need this site daily for encouragement, I went to Mass this am and prayed for us all that have the compulsion to drink.

speak again Soon

CASSIE

Comment

lent

Hello maryt,
        Its lovely to see your name again but I'm sorry you have been having a bad patch...Still the good news is, here you are and you are still posting...

One of the things which helped me so much, and still does, is visiting this site every day, even if I don't post anything, just reading and catching up does help... I don't know if you have access to a computer whenever you want mary, but if you have then try to visit each day... Another enormous help was Kudzu... I didn't have much faith in it before I started to take it, but now I can't recommend it highly enough.. Its marvellous for killing the cravings...

Well I wish you luck for Lent mary, I will be thinking of you and please do keep checking in as often as you can..

Lots of love from Louise xxx
        A F F L..
        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

lent

thanks cassie and louise i do try and come to this site when i can it usually means having a fight with my son to let me on i have been thinking about kudzu as i know that you have been very successful with it louise so will try it also ,cassie so pleased that you have decided to try giving up for lent as well it is also wonderful that you have found it a great comfort talking to your priest i have not divulged my problem with my priest i do attend mass every week so just keep praying that i some day i can quit completely

love maryt

Comment

lent

I do give up something each lent season. Funny, it's never been alcohol

I haven't decided what it will be this year......I suppose I have until Wednesday to decide.

I am hoping that whatever I decide to do hubby will do it with me so as to make it easier

Much Love,
            Rachele
            :h :h :h :h

Comment

lent

I'm really looking forward to Lent.
              Every year I make an effort and get to Mass as often as possible. Usually our parish has 2 or 3 extra Masses through the week to allow people the chance to go more often during Lent. I wish I had the fortitude to keep it up throughout the year though. I'm going to try harder.

Comment

Working...
              X