Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily~Wednesday, May 30

Good morning, Abbers!
    Where is Shue and the coffee?? Good thing I have a nice dark roast ready for you. Didn't get up until 6:30, although I was awake earlier. We had a big thunderstorm last night, much like the night before, but not a tornado, as we had herad could happen! It is supposed to clear today--hope so.
    Not much planned for the day. A walk is my first order of business. One dog has to go back to the vet for another blood test, as he gets his chemo tomorrow and we didn't know they wanted more than a CBC I may make an AA meeting at noon.
    Read all of yesterday's posts, and glad to see you back, Sunni. Wow--you've had a hectic few days, girl! Guess Atlas sure has a mind of his own!
    Lav, what a great pic of the kids and Matilda. Very sweet!
    Okay, need to get moving.
    Have a great AF day, all. As DG says, "one thing is for sure."
    TDN
    "One day at a time."

Good morning!

Quite the lightening storm going on here.

TDN- thanks for the coffee. Best of luck to your pooch. Poor thing.

Sunni- glad you checked in. You've been a busy bee.

Hearty hello's to all you FABulous peeps! Happy hump day.
    AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Quick checkin, everyone. Love to all.
      kas
      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Have been to Curves, the supermarket & now preparing for the daughter/granddaughter invasion

Had the rain last night but no thunder & lightning. Still dark & da,p today.....don't think it will clear until tomorrow.
        TDN hope your pup does OK!
        Almost, have a good day too.
        Kaslo, you are a busy lady this week

OK, will try to check in later.
        Have a great AF day.
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Greetings FAB ones!

I thought we were hoarding all the damp stuff up here! I sure miss the sunshine...ahhhhbut we have our Sunni one back after a long weekend of horse play. At least it's brighter around AFland.

Can we get a crazy duck to say that? AFLAND! AFLAND! AFLAND!

The Institute of LAVanittude is sure busy these days....how lucky you are to have those little ones. How lucky they are...to have you!

TDN....fingers crossed that all furry ones will continue to mend. Aren't tornadoes a rarity where you are? I'm relieved you missed the extreme weather.

Almost...don't fly any kites with keys on the tail, okay?

Kas...fingers-crossed your eegit quotient will register 0 today.

Okay...off to finish painting a bathroom. The visitor invasion begins later today. It will be over in September. Just in time for construction to pick up again!

xxx to all yet to come!
          Sober for the Revolution!
          AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Quick hello in between meetings.

Thx for the Java, TND - I've had about 5 coffees today. Hope doggy has it easy.

Sunniiiiiiiii, so happy to hear from you ... Oh, my, Atlas certainly is willful !!!

Later gators, got more people to tower over.
            workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

X post Turn ... I wanna visit too ...

Sunni, it has been raining here everyday for 3 weeks solid. I married an irishman, not Irish weather ... Blowing the clouds your way ...

Comment

hmmmm ... All so quiet.

Said no to 3 times to various offers of drinks in the evening, had loads of tea. One even now in bed In my hotel room.... As opposed to a grappa or G&T from the minibar ... Or worse ... Another little bottle of wine from room service to put me to sleep .... Instead I am off to bed clear headed, planning on doing some yoga on the beach tomorrow morning if the weather allows it.

I really really do not want to go back to what I used to do to myself.

Sweet dreams, fabbies!

Comment

:Checking in
                  Day ten...I think. With a slip on six
                  Feeling okay here. There is a man in.my yard cutting up a very large tree !

Pruning time
                  :l
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Just wanted to say "hi" Kradle. Glad you are here and hanging in!
                    Nite, nite to all!
                    "One day at a time."

Comment

Hi Fabbers in AFLand!! Love that Turn!! Where's our duck???

TDN-we'ren't the storms scary last nite? I saw the Tornado warning for your area. I think we're in for it this summer. First project on the agenda for my stacation is to clean up the basement, set the crates back up and get ready to hunker down. Hugs to Bud-hope his chemo is not too stressful tomorrow. Have you been working this week?

Kradle-welcome back. perhaps you should stick a little closer to us for now? Everyone treats their AF tracking differently. For me, a slip on day 6 sends me back to day 1. I'm not willing to go back to day 1 after 2 years of hard work (and lots of rewards).

Shue-isn't there a B movie about a really tall woman? Everytime you talk about towering over some minions I get that visual in my mind :H. Glad your fighting the good fight with all the temptation around. Keep up the great work.

Sunni-great to hear from you! Sounds like a very productive weekend with Atlas! Horses must be like dogs and kids with attention span. I love it when I have an hour long private agility lesson but after about 45 min DD shuts right down.

Turn-I want to visit too! How do you deal with visitors for 3 months straight? Don't you get to enjoy your too short summer at all?

Almost-hanging in there with the move prep? I feel for ya!!

Lav- that pic yesterday was just too precious!! Any relief from the heat today?

Kas- your photos MUST go on exhibit sometime. I'm telling ya, they are awesome!! Won't you need a second career when you retire from this one hint hint???

We have some MIAs today: Dizzy, Sugar, Sausage? LVT is recovering from her incredible transformation of the cemetary for Mem. Day, Greenie is flying with the fireflys, DG is recovering from finals, BLondie is preparing for her trip, Marshy and GF are in Greece? Det is hopefully NOT battling wildfires or enduring fleabag motels but devising delish paleo dishes. Hmmm, who am I missing????

Well, all the late nites and hard work paid off. We had a fabulous 2 days of Orientation. Couldn't believe how smooth everything went! I had had the opportunity to present to the student leaders last week and it made a huge difference. They finally understood how the whole transfer credit thing works, they got to know me and everything just hummed along yesterday and today. I won't be able to rest on my laurels tho, there is August Orientation to work towards (probably another 200+ students)and all the projects and year end cleanup I've had to put on hold. It just never ends!! My boss surprising has approved a new summer schedule for the office and for me. The office will be open from 8-4 M-F instead of 8:30 -5 and for me, I can work 8-5 M-Th and take Fridays off! this is unheard of but very welcome. The continued downside is the retirement of my work BF at the end of June. I don't know what I'm going to do without her there and our daily lunches.
                      Tonite I bought a new dryer. My digital one shat the bed this past weekend. Had to go to my dad's after work tonite to dry my undies! I think I got a good deal on a new Whirlpool without all the digital crap. It's huge too-7.0 cu ft so my comforters will dry very nicely. I don't need the extra $50/month in payments but I'll make it work somehow. I am also getting a free portable dishwasher from freecycle. I'm hoping to check it out on Friday just to make sure its in one peice and mice haven't been living in it. If I like it, my brother will get it for me next Thursday. Sometimes the Universe does smile down on us!!

No word from the interview yet. no need to worry for now.

Have a good nite all!
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

ok, I learn something new every day. the Easter Island heads have bodies attached to them?! really. Do the Easter Island Heads Really Have Bodies? | Easter Island Statues | LiveScience

Papmom, you are referring to the craptacular movie grand mal that is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2cLmbCyzhE[/video]]Attack of the 50 Foot Woman (1958) - Trailer - YouTube

been a busy busy day trying to save the world. not sure if that's going to work or not but at least I'm AF

be well loves
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

thanks Det!! I knew someone knew what I was referring to!! Maybe you saved a little part of it today?
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                          X