AF Daily - Friday, June1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yey, the sun is out. Finally !!! We had 3 weeks of rain. Good for the gardens, bad for the mood.

So I am serving the coffee on the terrace ? tea too for Pap.

I have 5 meetings today and not much time to chat.

Fly ? I feel for you, this is not the first time they cancel on you. As to learning how to do injections ? I do all the injections on the dog ? I had to do plenty with his skin condition. I took a small course for that ? they told me that I can do the basic course for injecting humans too. Thankfully, none of my loved ones need any.

Kas ? that?s the kind of McDonalds I like. Bless you, you really bring serenity to our days with your postcards.

And a big big big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Sunni!!!!
    :day4::bday7::day4:
    :bday1: :bday3:
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Hi everyone
    Quick hello from me as I'm off in the camper van with the family over this UK Bank holiday weekend.
    Today is day 99. I'll try and look at MWO on my phone but doubt I'll post much as its hard from my phone.
    Hope everyone is OK - thinking of you Fly, hope you can get your injections sorted ASAP.
    Take care all
    Sausage x

Comment

Hey all,

Shue- hope you are fully caffeinated for your 5 meetings! I'll take some of your botox here! Lol!

Sausage-happy campy! Enjoy your travels and great job on double 9's.

I am happy to report that I'm on day 101. The old me would have drank in Vegas, drank with visiting company, drank on vacation, and been hung over while packing all these boxes. I'm so grateful to be dealing with life sober. Life is crazy enough without throwing the guilt and shame alcohol brings. I keep reminding myself that my last "slip" took a alcohol-filled year to find the better me. It just seems easier and less stressful to stay af. Yes, I do still get some serious cravings but it's not worth caving. Moderation is a fallacy for me.

Have a great Friday all. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNI!!!!!!!
      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Sunni Butt!!
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Good luck with your meetings today Shue - geez, sounds busy!

Sausage, have a great weekend & wishing you a very happy 100th

Almost, sober packing will be a real blessing for you in the end. I have to admit to doing a lot of hungover packing the last time I moved....it wasn't fun. Congrats to yu as well on 101 AF days :yay:

Hi papmom & all to come by today!

:bday3: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY SUNNI!!!!

OK, I'm off to Curves & to drop off stuff for tomorrow's bake sale for the Relay for Life in our area. Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Friday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hey everyone,
            its raining here as well. but i anticipate a long hot summer so some rain right now is a good thing. @almost famous.. 100 days is awesome...

its funny how i still think of AL everyday. But i get up every morning and think "i'm not gonna drink today".. and that seems to work. and i think when i stop doing that i will be in trouble. For now its works.
            HAPPY FRIDAY everyone
            caper
            AF since Sept 2013...
            :alf:

Comment

Good morning Faebnarians. Special shout out to Caper.

Well Im off to Halfway River. Then to a narly shaley beach where the guy who lives nearby came down and tried to run me off. He was 6 foot 6 and easily 300 pounds, and looked mad as hell. I calmed him down, sort of, and we got to chatting, and it turned out my father taught him how to fly. So I will chat with him again today. I will never forget when he realized who I was how he searched my face, from way up there, (Im short) looking for some signs of his old flight instructor. It was very sweet actually.

You never know what the day will bring, especially if its in the bush.

Kaslo of the sandy bouldery shores.
              Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Ahhhhh - greetings FABulinis

Who is bringing the cake for Sunni's party? I will play an accordion tune in celebration of this wonderful day. I will call it...."Sunni-shine on my Shoulders doing the Happy Horse Polka." Boom-chuck that tune! Sunni - I'm so glad you're a part of our lives!

While I'm tickling the keys and pushing the bellows, I've got some more celebratory tunes...
                99 AF days on the Cal for Saucy and for Almost.... 101 Days of Good Times. You two are are in a good groove. You've got it - now keep getting it. Wait - did that sound wierd? ummm...maybe I should just stick with Congratulations!

Kas...what an interesting encounter you had with the fellow who learned to fly from your dad. No doubt will bring even more wonder and adventure for you dear Xtra Tuff one!

Lovely Lav...I think I can smell your delicious baked goods from here...mmmmmm!

Shue...If anyone can whip through 5 meetings with elan and efficiency...it is you! Being AF sure makes dealing with big days a whole lot better, eh?

PapMom...sweetie...I am keeping my fingers crossed for you....and please...no more combat yardwork for you this weekend!

Caper...great to see you popping in here. I also think about Al every day...but with 10 months + of AF living behind me so far...I can say the cravings are gone. Now I feel grateful and humbled now that I have a full life back. And how lucky I am to have all you wonderful new friends who generously share your lives....your strength and encouragement here. Grazie....

As folks like to say around here...

....one thing is for sure!

AFLAND! AFLAND! AFLAND!
                Sober for the Revolution!
                AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Yay! My seminar got moved back an hour!

:H So I have time to check in here after all!

Thank you for the b-day wishes, everyone! Uggh. Another year older! LOL

Ok.. just so you know what I have been/ will be up to:
                  [list type=decimal][*]Just finished and put online project that's been keeping me up til the wee hours in the morning: Honora Bay Riding Stable[*]Also just pulled cheese cake for tomorrow out of the oven[*]Going to Equine First Aid Course tonight[*]Having Missy and Peanut here tonight (Mr. Wonderful is getting them)Having friends over for visit tomorrow afternoonGoing to other friend's annual lamb rost with visitors, Missy & Peanut (and cheese cake)Having kids/grand kids here for SundayNeed to take Missy & Peanut back home Monday[/list type=decimal]
                  :H I reckon I'll be able to breathe and check in regularly again from Tuesday on Have a fabulous weekend, everyone! One thing is for sure!!!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Shue--You're right, not the first time he's cancelled on me. And I had a hell of a time getting an appointment the other time too.

Sausage--Congrats on 100 days and I hope you have a wonderful vacation.

Almost--Yes!!! One hundred days for you too!!

Sunni--Happy Birthday!

Hello to Turn, Caper, Lav, Kaslo, and Papmom. Sorry to cut it short but my head is pounding. Love to you all. :h

Comment

Morning..or is that evening fabbers

Long weekend here, not too busy with kids stuff. We chose not too do the horse show this weekend as we have had one every weekend for the past 4 and we need a break! I may get time to read a bit..yahh!!

Sunni - have a fab b'day weekend, your peanuts are too beautiful.

Life is going great here, a lot of emotional and relationship stuff happening and i am so thankful i can deal with it AF. AL would have just clouded my judgement and my true feelings. I dont know when it will get sorted out, I dont know if it will get sorted out. But all that matters is that I am happy and I know my true feelings.

Almost half the year has gone and who would have thought that 2012 would be the ultimate epiphany year for me. In Jan I was this person, dominated by AL, with no life, no feelings and fighting the eternal drink/dont drink battle...now I am here, sober (almost 4 months i think), living life to the full and enjoying being me.

Wishing you all a magical weekend

One thing is for SURE

xx

Comment

Aloha Friday ABeroooooos!

huppy birfdy Sunshine!!!!!!!!!

Mum2, lovely.

my work too me to Eagle Falls (an area of Tahoe I've never been to) just a stunningly beautiful place.....and luck would have it I forgot my SLR so I had to take a couple pics with my damn iphone. oh well.

you can see I'm still losing weight. not puffy in the face. yay!

hope you all are having a spectacular AF'ing weekend

be well
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi Det,
                          You look great ~ iphone pics are good too
                          Pretty area, have never been there myself.
                          Have a great weekend!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Nice pics Det-you look maaaaavalous my dear!! I so want to meet you and Mrs. Det someday!! You can teach me to shoot (or reteach me)!!

Kas-that encounter with your dad's former flying student was pure kismet!! I hope the second encounter went even better!!

Turn-you and your accordian will go places!! Too bad Lawrence Welk isn't here anymore! :H

Sunni-busy weekend for you!! Whew! I have to go back to bed just reading about it! I would've been a horrible mom I think. Would have let them cry all nite and they would get fed when I remember. Oh wait, that would've only been during my drunk years! Now I can have kids since I'm AF and mucho responsible!! Not!!!

Mum2-you will get through this rough patch, I promise and it will be better on the other side.

Lav-how did the bake sale go?

Keep on keeping on all you AF wonderful peeps! Nothing is so bad that AL can fix cuz it can't fix nuttin'!!

No worries about combat yard work this weekend Turn!!
                            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                            X