Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Monday, June 4th

Top of the morning to you, fabbies,

I am in a particularly good mood this morning, feeling rather at peace with myself, despite several things in my life not being what I?d want them to be. I am taking a page from Pap?s book and got a plan to fix them. I have used the past few weeks for serious introspection and self observation ? I came to the conclusion that I just need to put myself first more often ... I am in great danger of becoming my mother (who NEVER put herself first, ran for sainthood only to have a slight breakdown when she reached middle age).

Coffee is out on the terrace ( I have a nice outdoor area even at the office, marked by 2 olive trees). French roast rules Monday mornings, Sugar?s decaf got terribly cold and for Pap ? hmmm ? PG Tips? A British classic.

Turn & Lav ? I just love anything green ? I have a particularly soft spot for nettles and broccoli.

Fly ? I do not envy your night shifts. How?s the head?

Kas & Det ? we have a soaring population of brown bears in Romania ? the former dictator Ceausescu made it illegal to hunt them (only he had that privilege) ? as a result their numbers are huge and more often than not they come and raid the bins in a lot of places. I have seen cubs 3 times ? made it very quickly to my car or cabin, mother bears have mauled lots of people.

Greenie ? the first fireflies of the season made an appearance, thought of you and your river.

Pap ? my new efforts with the dog are starting to pay off ? he is becoming really very obedient, in fact at home he is perfect and we have a lot of visitors to challenge him. He shows improvement with the other dogs too ? we?ll see, tonight I am planning on taking him into the forest late ? this is when the big dogs come out. Feeling a bit brave here, but I need to put his training to the test.

Soda / Burger Det ? interesting article ? you cannot have your 30 oz soda and drink it too? Here I am fighting the ?fruit juice? being pushed on kids. Coca Cola has bought all the local producers (considered competition) and transformed what once used to be a small industry of peach and apricot nectar with a limited shelf life into the dreaded ?Cappy? juice ? that I call ?crappy? ? the only fruit in it being the one on the label. SUGAR is the white death.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Ello all, this shall be short and sweet as I'm on da phone, all is good my friends just taking a wee break from da boards, slipped in and out from time to time, but thought I'd write today before anyone panicked, I'm having music weekend, checkin out loads of bands with some friends (funny I thought I had them all lost when I came here first, its great what a bit of time and healthy head living can do I danced and laughed my ass off yesterday and no demon drink was required.

Got a pile of cold decafs to grab off u shue, sorrwee. Had to laugh when I did a quick scan of ur post this morning, and I just zoomed in on da last line, 'SUGAR is the white death', I'm glad to see it wasn't me u were talking about :H

Anyhow have a fab day one and all
    "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Good morning shue, sugar & all Abbers!

Just checking in real quick, have to run for now but will be back later
      Wishing everyone a terrific AF Monday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning!

Shue- you sound great on this fine af Monday.

Sugar- glad you checked in. Sounds like you've had some fun without alcohol. That's the best kind!

Papmom- you are busy!!! I need a nap just reading about all you're up too. How lucky that your job is fun! I just had to quit mine as we are moving far away. I don't look forward to starting that process over again. :upset:

Hi Lav! Have a great day.

Kas- I'm going to sound like a broken record but, fab picture!

I got an email from a friend (out of state) who went to a baseball game and told me she spent time counting the beers the woman in front of her pounded. She said the woman could barely walk out of the ball park. I took that as an opportunity to respond that I quit back in Feb. I took the coward's way out by saying it just didn't agree with me anymore. I thought that pretty much covered it and she can draw her own conclusions.

Hi to all you af ( absolutely fab) peeps!
        AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Good morning, All.

Qucik check in from Mr TDN's laptop, as there is a problem with mine.:upset: Have been waiting for a call back from a repair guy since Saturday. I get nothing but a welcome screen. had a bunch of pop up messages last week about a Trojan being repaired, then ran full McAfee scan and all appeared well. Must be a virus somewhere!
          Got somewhat bad news from oncologist last week about Bud. Lymph nodes swolen, so chemo isn't working. SO we have an oral chemo--Palladia--to administer at home, and he wil also have three radiation treatments 1X per week in MA once we see how he is tolerating the new med, which can cause bad diarrhea and vomitting. He takes a pill every other day, and half a pepcid AC each day. Has had two pills so far, and nothing bad yet. This is very expensive, but oncologists agreed that he looks great and is eating well and nothing in his lungs, which they X rayed.
          I had to fill in at work yesterday--my only day off--as my assistant called and one of her horses died. Soemthing about not knowing she was pregnant, had a foal, and then couldn't understand if both mother and baby had died or waht. A few weeks back a baby goat died. These two young people cannot pay their bills, but have all these animals. I am going to try to have a talk with her at some point, but now is not the time! I am actually happy to have extra hours to work, as we'll be spending a lot on Bud.
          "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning, All.

Qucik check in from Mr TDN's laptop, as there is a problem with mine.:upset: Have been waiting for a call back from a repair guy since Saturday. I get nothing but a welcome screen. had a bunch of pop up messages last week about a Trojan being repaired, then ran full McAfee scan and all appeared well. Must be a virus somewhere!
            Got somewhat bad news from oncologist last week about Bud. Lymph nodes swolen, so chemo isn't working. SO we have an oral chemo--Palladia--to administer at home, and he wil also have three radiation treatments 1X per week in MA once we see how he is tolerating the new med, which can cause bad diarrhea and vomitting. He takes a pill every other day, and half a pepcid AC each day. Has had two pills so far, and nothing bad yet. This is very expensive, but oncologists agreed that he looks great and is eating well and nothing in his lungs, which they X rayed.
            I had to fill in at work yesterday--my only day off--as my assistant called and one of her horses died. Soemthing about not knowing she was pregnant, had a foal, and then couldn't understand if both mother and baby had died or waht. A few weeks back a baby goat died. These two young people cannot pay their bills, but have all these animals. I am going to try to have a talk with her at some point, but now is not the time! I am actually happy to have extra hours to work, as we'll be spending a lot on Bud.
            I have scheduled a consultation with the nutritionist from petnutritionsystems.com about a special diet for Bud based on his most recent blood work, meds, etc. This man is a trained nutritionist with 14 yesrs of experience. I'll let you know how it goes.
            Tried to read some of yesterday's posts, and will read Saturday's when I can.
            It's raining here AGAIN!!:upset:UGH!
            Happy AF Monday to everybody!
            TDN
            "One day at a time."

Comment

Shue--Glad to hear that you're in a good mood. Me too! Head is good, thanks for asking. I agree with you about sugar. That shit is addictive too.

Sugar--You had fun without booze? Unheard of! :H I was getting ready to send out a search party, so I'm glad you checked in.

Hi Lav! Offered a beer by YB? WTF?

Almost--I think that saying booze doesn't agree with you is pretty honest! :H

TDN--I'm so sorry to hear about Bud. Almost made me cry to think of all he's been through. :l

I'm feeling well today, although I can feel pressure in the back of my head. Not pain really. I found an acupuncturist over the weekend that I'm hoping to make an appointment with today. I'm supposed to go to some friends' house tonight for dinner and "drinks" although I won't be drinking. I'm sure my husband will have enough for the both of us though and be talking as though his tongue is 3 sizes too big.

Comment

Fly, glad to hear you are giving accupuncture consideration!
                I think it's a great alternative therapy to all the drug/chemical stuff we are so used to. I think there may also be some bio-feedback available too - I'll look into that for you
                I am rightly pissed about YB's behavior yesterday in offering me a beer. Has he suddenly forgotten that I don't drink AL anymore? I swear I think he may be showing signs of dementia.

Almost, I've told people that I just feel better when I don't drink & that's the absolute truth

TDN, sorry to hear about Bud, hope he can tolerate the new med.
                Hope you get all the work you want

Speaking of work......
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3DVN7XMiQk[/video]]Funny Acupuncture Commercial - YouTube

Fly, I hope this does not put you off acupuncture, :H, just make sure you choose the right practitioner

Comment

:H:H:H:H:H
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Thats HILARIOUS!! Moral of the story, get your accupuncture done on the ground floor. (seriously I dont think they use THAT many needles at once!)

Hi guys. Everyone sounds great.

Im in the office today cooking up ways to spend money. Why is it my arthritis kicks up the instant I am stuck in the office again, hmmm?

Advice please? How do I deal with an adult daughter who is working for my company to get through University (going back for teacher training this fall), who shouts at me, abuses me in front of other people on the job, announces she hates her job and doesnt like working for me, and doesnt want her boyfriend to work for me either (he seems ok with it, and is actually good at it), lives at home and doesnt pay room or board, makes a mess, eats the food, doesnt clean up, is 22 years old, and has a serious attitude? She is actually quite a good biologist and most of the time does well, but its the air of priveledge and lack of regard for ordinary workplace behaviour that gets me. I often have to get the other senior bio on the team to ask her to do stuff, because she argues with me when I request stuff be done a certain way. Sometimes she is fine, but if she is in a black mood, oy. Oh, and i didnt mention her father is very forgiving of her outbursts and cuts her no end of slack. Its a problem. I just want to retire, actually. I cant fire her right now, either. We need her, she is trained on the job....but non of the other staffers have done this. I get along with most of the people that have ever worked for me (exceptions are few). She doesnt take any level of discussion from me, either. I.e. if I try to sit down with her and have a talk she gets out of control. Maybe she is feeling stressed...the bf is not as keen on marrying her as she is on marrying him. Yada yada. Any and all comments welcome. I have about two weeks with her then I dont think I actually need her help after that, I can do it all myself.

Maybe that last sentence is my answer. And yes, there are literally hundreds of people who would KILL to have the job she has. Youve seen the beaches.

love to all

Kaslo of the sandy shores and gentle waves.
                      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Serioiusly Kas, would you put up with anyone else who acted like this? I think not. Fire her (it's only 2 more weeks anyway) and kick her out of the house. I know she's your daughter but she's not acting like it and she needs a good dose of reality. Sorry but I just can't stand kids who feel entitled and abuse others because of it. I see it all the time at school and it drives me crazy (but not to drink anymore!!). Its really time these spoiled brats are put in their place (and I know it wasn't you her spoiled her!). I swear the day I retire, if I get one student giving me lip and attitude I will let them have it and then walk out the door. Unfortunately in my case it's me who would get fired for standing up to them (until that last day that is ).
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Kas,

Please please forgive me but I cannot seem to take anything seriously today ... Got hit by happy hormones for a change.

Perhaps you can find the male alternative of SJP for your daughter (SJP stands for Sarah Jessica Parker - aka "the horse", no offence to Atlas, Sunni). Gosh, what is with me tonight?!!!

Anyhow, I actually enjoyed this movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KZM3PRV0NM[/video]]Failure To Launch - Trailer - YouTube

Comment

On my phone here at tradeshow dealing with hungover clients.

Extra Hugs for TDN and Kaslo xxxxxxxxx

Back on comp later. Be well
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Kaslo,
                              About your daughter....
                              My first thought was FIRE HER ASS but now I wonder...
                              Does she actually have any 'ordinary workplace' experience???
                              Maybe that's what she really needs to learn some manners, just sayin
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X