• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Tuesday June 5

Good morning Abbers

Matilda likes to get up early - lucky me :H

Welcome back Treya!
    I hope you can summon up the strength to hop back into the sober life ~ it is much better, isn't it?

I plan to get outside & attack the weeds in my garden while the sun is shining. Afternoon showers predicted all week & the weeds are thriving.
    Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Hi Lavande,
    I can only try.
    x
    Is Doggy Girl still around these parts?
    AF since 11 July 2011
    You can never get enough of what you don't really want

Comment

Just lost my whole post. Using Mr TDN's laptop, as mine is til being repaired.
      Wanted to welcome tou, Treya. Stick with us. I slipped up a week and a half ago, and that was a really stupid mistake.
      Kas, take everyone's advice about your daughter. Tough love is needed! She would never get away with those antics anywhere else. I am so sorry about your past, growing up in the family business. I'm sure that had a big part in your drinking and your not wanting your daughter to have the same experience.
      Had my phone consult with pet nutritionist yesterday and signed on for a month of custom formulated food for Bud. Even with a 33% discount, and really enough fod for a month and a half, Mr TDN and I could eat for a few weeks on that amount:H But I want to do the very best for Bud. He is on day 6 of the Palladia--one pill every other day, so today will be his third. He is still eating, but I can't count on that as we move forward.
      Okay, getting off before I lose this post, too.
      Have a great AF day, everyone!
      TDN
      "One day at a time."

Comment

Good morning Lave, Treya, TDN and everyone else to peek in,

Lav- happy weeding! I'm VERY good at growing them. I've got it down to a science. Lol!

Treya- welcome! You can do it! You know you've done it before. Dig those heels in and hang close. DoggyGirl does check in to MWO from time to time. She's a busy bee.

TDN- poor Bud. I'm glad he's eating at least. I hope they can get rid of your computer virus. My iPad is wigging out a bit lately.

Nothing new going on here. Same day, different boxes. We are almost packed! Then it will be on to cleaning every cupboard out. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Have a great no boozeday Tuesday!
        AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Hey Ho Fabbies!

Venus is in transit today - a once in a lifetime thingy! That means it passes between us and the sun. Check your area and see if you can see it. Cool planetary stuff - recent eclipse and all....

Saddle up treya!

Lav, when the weeds are all mowed the same height, it resembles lawn. Trust me on that.

Gotta fly, it's 8 and you know what that means.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Quick check-in from me, in between meetings ... busy busy day today ...

For some reason I do not feel like working out - just gardening and moving pots around the house seems to satisfy my need to move.

Kas, sincere apologies for being insensitive last night, I was in a fit of giggles chatting to my friend in Argentina - also, I had no idea how much more there was to it. So sorry to hear about your own history ...

I have been working through university too and have encountered my fair share of collegues who have gone the "easier " route and left the HR to the family. For some it worked out just fine, for others it only gave them a false sense of self worth that hit back big time when they reached their 30s. Knowing your place and keeping your mouth shut at work are the first real hard lessons. The sooner that sinks in, the better. Still, not everyone is that quick to let others put the leash and muzzle on. Sending you a big hug, and again, please forgive me for being bold last night.
            workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Treya hi, I see you are AF for almost a year now. Good on you. I joined MWO last year in July too but I still feel a newbie many many times. Glad to have you around.

EDIT - Sorry Treya, I missed your post yesterday, hang in there, I had many many many day 1s - not that that's a particularly good thing - it's great that you realized where you were and came back here.
              workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Good morning, no worries Shu, no offense taken. Im off to the rainsoaked Arrow Lake. Will check in later.
                Love to all
                Kas
                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

hidy ho AFers near and far!

quick checkin from the tradeshow.

Kas, I have an idea for you based on the old adage 'kill them with kindness' which may work in a sort of reverse psychological way.... or maybe not but here goes:

next time you and daughter are in front of a client, preemptively start giving her compliments in front of the client.

that's it.

it may cause her to evaluate how she sees you/her in front of others. dunno. best I got.

ciao for now ABeroooos

xxxxxx
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi everyone
                    Haven't had time to read properly but just a quick hi,
                    I'm back from my 4 day trip in the camper van with the family to the west coast of Scotland over the extended UK Juilee bank holiday.
                    Had a great trip and no drinking, so today is day 103 !!
                    Back later xx

Comment

3 cheers for 103 and counting Sausage!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Crap - too cloudy today, couldn't see Venus

Glad you enjoyed your trip Sausage & congrats on your AF time!!!

Sauteed my home grown Swiss chard in EVOO & GARLIC with a pinch of pepper flakes. Went along very well with my leftover vegan lasagne - yum
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Congratulations Sausage!

Comment

Yooohooo fabbie Abbies!

I'm still alive and kicking (I think)!
                            All kids and grand kids delivered back home, new beds bought, cribs disassembled and ready to be handed down, etc, etc,

Kinda half heartedly picked up my taxes again today and realized that I'm driving with an expired sticker on my license plate (yikes!) so off I went this afternoon to get that taken care of! :H

Also had a brief lunge session and ride on Mr. Trouble tonight.. ahhhh.. life is good!

Hope you're all doing well.. I'll make an effort to read back tomorrow!
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

The Queens Jubilee & Sausage's 103 !!!

:yay::yay:
                              :l
                              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
                              X