Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Joy - June Week 2

I'm jumping back in!

It's been a rough month for me. I injured my back lifting my granddaughter and life has been a struggle. It was the worst possible time for me to need time off, so I worked right on through the pain many days and it was exhausting. I'm still in PT and working my way back to normal.

I hope to have time for posting now that work is FINALLY over and I am starting to feel better.

I shall join you all in an AF Friday, if you'll have me. Have a good one everyone!
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Just Joy - June Week 2

Good morning to all...

Dill, so good to hear from you. It stinks that you hurt your back and have been having such a rough time. I know as you rest and heal, summertime will offer new activities that are fun and outdoors. Lucky you to have the summer off!!

I have fun plans today on my Friday off, lunch with a girlfriend then to the pool to lay out and swim! Yay, it is really and truly summer. Plus there is a greek fest in the area and I love greek food, so may go to that. I just want to be outside as much as possible.

Hope everyone is well, have a great Friday.
    Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 2

Good morning everyone!

Dill, so happy to see you back!
      Sorry about the back injury & I know how difficult recovery can be. Wishing you the best & a truly relaxing summer

Star, a Greek festival sounds like fun ~ good eating

Heat & humidity to return this weekend so I guess the AC goes back on, oh well. Just supremely grateful to have it in the first place

TGIF!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 2

Hi everyone

:welcome: back Dill, good to hear from you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Star/Lav - can we house swop? Looking out at the lashing rain and wind, I want to trade places, pools and AC, now that is summer.

We put on rain gear and braved the elements this morning. It was not quite as bad as yesterday and it was good to get a walk in.

My daughter is going to Bristol UK to the University to debate this week-end so I have an airport run later. Not looking forward to the traffic in this weather. Just wanted to wish you all a great week-end.

Rustop

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 2

Oh Dill, I am thrilled to have you back here. I have been finding myself at loss for words lately, my feelings easily rattled, all over the place. I am in with you on our AF Friday. Hi Rustop, Lav, Star, and all to come. I do have one funny thing to share. Last week I mentioned that my uncle was on his death bed, his son had called people in from as far away as Europe and South America. On Monday, the life support was disconnected and not only did he not die, he woke up. Completely. I think he scared the poop out of a bunch of people and that the staff of a large NYC ICU hit the nearest bar. He has always had a curious life and it seems that it is continuing. Tally ho indeed. Love, Ladybird.
          may we be well

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 2

I'm back after an interesting morning

Ru stop, come share the sun, heat & humidity. I promise you will get tired of it pretty quickly. I have little to no tolerance for the heat anymore. Hope your daughter kicks butt this weekend at the debate.

LBH, sometimes it just seems like people are too stubborn to die, they won't let go. But, if your uncle is actually recovering, then good for him!!!! Check i more often, OK?

Well, I made my 16 mile round trip trek to Curves this morning but apparently I was still half asleep on the way home. About a mile or so from home, I ran over a large rock & flattened my left front tire. How I didn't see it lying on the road is incredible to me but......
            This was on a country road,no traffic to worry about, etc so that was good. I pulled over, put my flashers on & called YB & told him to leave work & come change my tire......he did without any moaning :H
            So I'm back from the tire store where I had two new tires put on the front, plan to return soon to get new tires for the back. I need to keep this car in good shape & safe since I do transport kids. I don't really do that much driving & these are/were originals.
            Now I'm watching kids while their mother is at the doctor for a sinus infection......never stops.

Please excuse typos. Can't fix them on the iPad
            Later.
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 2

biatch! I lost my epic post.

snifff

love to all

Cindi xxxxxx my dear. stay close please.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 2

and....I'm not even on the right thread. egads hello everyone on the June thread! not trying to avoid you, just have so many hours per day

xxxx
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 2

Star your day by the pool sounds really lovely, but I must admit, I am not a swimmer. I hope you enjoyed!

Rustop, your daughters sure do keep you hopping. That?s grand! Let us know how the debates went!

LBH, You? At a loss for words?!!! We are all in deep trouble then. Get back in your game!

Lav, so sorry about your stupid flat tire! I?m glad YB came to the rescue though. It was probably good for his ego, too.

Det, LOL! Good to see you but I totally understand about only so many hours!

It?s a lovely morning but going to be a hot day. Best to enjoy the morning while it lasts. No big plans for today, and that?s just how I like my Saturdays! Have a good one, friends.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 2

Good morning joyous friends!

Got lost last night Det? :H
                    Stop in any time!

Dill, I sure hope your back is on the mend
                    I am absolutely paranoid about hurting my back, largely due to have osteoporosis. I have no choice but to do a lot of lifting but always remember my lessons in proper body mechanics from nursing. I do insist on help when it comes to hauling 50 lb bags of chicken feed, dog food, etc. The kids are all getting way too heavy to lift without seriously paying attention to what I'm doing

I don't like the thought of feeding YB's already over-inflated ego but in the interest of saving $$ by not calling for a tow truck I called & he responded in a normal fashion. It freaked me out a little that while I was waiting for him to arrive two different guys stopped to offer assistance. On the one hand that's a very nice, 'neighborly' thing to do but on the other hand they were complete strangers. YB is the one who taught me to never trust anyone......leaves me wondering

Matilda slept in until 6:30 this morning - woo hoo :H
                    Guess I'll go out & attack some of the abundant weeds in my veggie garden.
                    Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Saturday!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 2

Good morning gang!

Looks like the weekend is going to be a hot one - we may need to turn the AC on

Went to Fenwick Island yesterday with my daughter - beautiful weather and we had a great time! I haven't been to the beach in years and I forgot how much I love all the sights and sounds of the ocean. Note to self - use more sunblock when laying out in the sun for 4 hours! Owwwww - legs and even tops of feet are burned - aloe is my best friend right now. On a good note, I took a hat and saved my face from the same feet as the rest of my body. Of course my daughter who shares hubby's complextion turned browner than brown. I think her bf may be getting close to proposing in the near future - we'll see. Good thing is we love him and feel he's a good match for her.

Lav - Glad YB came to your rescue - I'm betting that the two guys who stopped to offer help were totally sincere but there's always that hint of caution that's been beat over our head - you just never know. Glad you're safe and have new tires to boot!

LBH - that's an amazing story - apparently it was just meant to be and hope your uncle is doing well.

Rustop - your weather sounds crazy! Please be careful in your trip to the airport today. Driving in traffic is never fun let alone when it's pouring rain out!

Star - hope you had a good time with your girls - pool sounds nice.

Dill - Saturdays with nothing to do are nice Enjoy.

Hey Det - nice to see you (even it was by accident)

So looks like a little cleaning for me today then we are headed to a friends daughter's grad party from college. She and my daughter were best friends during high school and she spent a lot of time at our house - I always refer to her as my 2nd daughter and have a special place in my heart for her. Anywho - hope everyong goes out and makes it a great AF fun day!
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 2

Sounds like a nice party you will be attending Jolie, it is always good to see a young person you love finishing college, properly launched. I would love to be at that pool, Star, I am part fish. I am glad you are going to have a quiet day, Dill, that is how I like things, I gardened early, went out to breakfast and shopped, and now it is time to move slowly, a good thing too as my energy has hidden away somewhere, just out of my reach. I understand about being wary of stranger-help Lav and I still am even though when I look back over my life I have been safely and expertly assisted/rescued three times by strange people who looked very scary (three bikers who helped with a tire on a desert highway; a homeless woman downtown wielding a broken bottle who in fact kept my car from being damaged; and some creepy looking guys spilling out of a rural bar at closing time?I wasn?t in the bar but had gotten a truck with a trailer I was pulling stuck in a ditch in the pitch dark and was on foot, it seems driving has never been my forte). I am glad your husband was there to help you, it is one way he can still be part of your life without getting overwhelmed or whatever it is that ails him. Rustop, your weather certainly is a challenge right now, I guess that is the downside of those hills that look to me to be covered in emerald velvet. Hello to everybody else who might be coming by. I am in for an AF Saturday (in a bit of one day at a time place), a good thing for me and my small world. Love, Ladybird.
                        may we be well

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 2

Good morning to all...

Rustop, do you get summer in Ireland? Or is this just a front moving through? That would be so hard to put up with cool weather in June.

We are having really dry hot weather, and I was up early and have the sprinkler watering my plants, or they will wither up and die. It's funny, not even 7 in the morning and I had to get a kink out of the hose and was hit by a cold spray of water. Wowee, that is one way to wake up!!

Friday was a perfect day and I will remember it whenever I get down. I even had good parking spaces during grocery store runs. It was just that kind of a day. We don't get those days too often, so I am really appreciating the memory of just being happy.

Jolie, you beach day sounded wonderful, and spending time with your daughter and family friends even more so. Enjoy.

LBH, your story about your elderly Uncle is amazing. I drove to my Dad's yesterday as he is back in the Midwest, and he and his elderly wife are so cute, and their love of life is clear to see. They don't care too much about a clean house and there clothes were sloppy, but they love conversation, planting, and their dogs. The immediate, kind of like children, living in the moment, happy for each day they wake up and can enjoy (and still function). I enjoyed your description of your quiet day, I too like to be out in nature and just quiet. I was reading an article about spiritual practice that included: silence, meditation, nonjudgement and being in nature. A quiet day around the house, with plants and animals, just being, could be spiritual practice, in my mind. Hope your AF Saturday was peaceful and lovely.

Lav, at least YB showed up and was useful. Flat tires are painful and who DO we trust? Good question. Air conditioning is lovely and a blessing. How did people do without it? I love temperature control!!!!

Today will be another long hot lovely summer day, filled with work around the house, a little financial organization, and lots of time spent outside. I am going to immerse myself in summer while I can. Hope everyone is good, and let's celebrate being AF today! It is just so good to wake up feeling healthy, hopeful and being able to feel free.
                          Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 2

Yesterday started quietly and ended quietly and sweetly. My son came by with his kids (I am very careful not to lift the baby, but enjoy her placed on my lap) and we walked down to the pond behind our old barn and fed the fish. The catfish are large and make a lot of splash and the koi are just stunning when the sunlight reflects off of them. We still have all seven that we put in the pond 2 years ago (remember?) and they are quite beautiful. I'm so glad to have been af for such a fine evening.

I have been helped by many strangers over the years and my experiences have all been good ones. I have been a stranger offering help as well! I know we are all warned to be leery of strangers and it's a natural thing to be, especially when we are in need and feeling vulnerable. On the other hand, more often than not I find people are good-natured and well intended.

Today looks like a repeat of yesterday weather-wise. Perhaps I do a little weeding this morning and a little grilling in the afternoon.

Enjoy, Joyful ones!
                            Dill

Comment

Just Joy - June Week 2

Good morning everyone,

Sure is humid out there Jolie! Hazy, hot & humid for the next few days ~ wonderful. I am totally greatful for my AC Hope the sunburn isn't too bad!

Greetings LBH, Star, Dill & everyone
                              Good to see everyone enjoying life the way it was intended!

I'm glad I have you all thinking aboout 'strangers' a bit, interesting to hear your thoughts.
                              My nature is to be very trusting of people BUT if I really look back & think about it there are times/instances where I would have been better off not trusting certain people.......people that I knew (not strangers). Leaves me a bit confused

Oh well, today I am traveling to my daughter & her family. Plan to take them out to lunch then bring home a car that I loaned to her last September (long story). No one else was available to give me a ride there so guess who I called? :H Yep, YB to the rescue again :H

Have a great AF Sunday everyone ~ stay cool!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X