AF Daily~Friday, June 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily~Friday, June 8

Seems like many have taken a break for a bit. Hope to see more back today.
    Just a quick "hello" before starting the day. Visit with the foot guy before work to finalize my orthotics. I know that he won't like the fact that the sandals I fell off of a few months ago are the most comfortable shoes I have:H Wear them to work every day. There is no way I can put orthotics in them, though.
    Hope everyone has a great AF day!
    TDN
    "One day at a time."

AF Daily~Friday, June 8

Hey Ho Fabbies!!

Maybe everyone is just being AF busy!

I'm chugging coffee so I can stumble over to the river for a trail adventure with the dog before work. We are having spectacular weather. Sunny and cool AM & PM, mild afternoons. Long may it last!

TDN, they have little velcro things that might work for your sandals.

Kas even though you are subject to the weather, it's cool that your photos represent your actual office and not the view out the window.

Go skendall!!

Be well and be AF!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily~Friday, June 8

Well good morning Abbers!

Glad to see you as always Greenie! Hello & welcome to SKendall, congrats on your 7 AF months ~ nice

TDN, you have me smiling thinking about orthopedic sandals :H
      I hope you can still wear them once in a while!

The nice weather is about to take a turn here into the usual heat & humidity of summer. Hate the thought of turning the AC on again but I am grateful to have it when needed

Off to Curves, then some outside work. DIL & grandsons will be back at dinner time. I think I'll be getting them a pizza or something & I will dine on my vegan leftovers - yum

Have a great AF Friday one & all!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

AF Daily~Friday, June 8

Good morning peeps,

TDN- comfortable shoes rule the world! I had a pair if flats that I still mourn.

Green- enjoy your scenic walk with your doggie.

Skendall- great job on all your sober months! Texas IS hot, hot hot!

Lav- enjoy your busy day!

Kas- yet another stunning photo. My "offices" have never quite resembled yours.

I will be hit or miss over the next week or so. The almostfamous family is getting ready to move many states away. Can you say l o n g drive??? Hub gets the dog this time. I love my dog so, so much but she can be a tad stinky sometimes. I am so glad to be sober during this process. My lack of sleep is due to stress NOT the fact of retracing my steps of the previous evening. For that, I'm grateful.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!
        AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

AF Daily~Friday, June 8

quick hello, sorry for being a bit quiet - things are hectic at the moment, but in a good way.

Summer is now officially here - I am spending my evenings outside with the dog / bike / gardening.

This week I managed min 30 min cardio every day. HOOray, finally able to get off my lazy bum and DO something.

I am having guests for my birthday party tomorrow so I am cooking up a storm. Next 3 weeks is non stop travel.

Big hug to everyone
          workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF Daily~Friday, June 8

Ahoy there Fabbers!!

Well, my week is over for the most part. But I am happy and satisfied with what I got accomplished. Not everything of course but a good part.

Yesterday I took LM for his very first therapy dog visit to the NH. It was wonderful!! He was so good and calm-nothing bothered him. He even did tricks and gave a little Woo Woo to everyone's delight. All my old residents are still there and I got to see everyone of them plus my old boss. I think I would like to do this once a month and I think Mickey would be a good candidate too although I would have to schedule him right after a grooming session. LM I can do myself.

After the NH, I dropped LM off and did the dreaded Lowe's errand. It turned out just fine after I got access to the manager AND he gave me $10 to cover the gas the repair place drained out of the machine and didn't replace (I had just filled the tank) due to federal transportation laws. So, I still don't know if the machine is actually working because I'm afraid to put my old gas back in and have no way of disposing of it and filling the can with new. so, I'll take that $10 and buy a new small can and a gallon of gas and I'll start up the machine sometime soon. Maybe tomorrow after work.
            After Lowe's I had a choice for lunch. I had brought $8 in change with me anticipating going to Mickey D's. I stopped myself and said, "what if I go to the market? What can I get for $8 dollars that will be good form me and last longer than a fast food meal. I ended up getting lettuce, strawberries, mushrooms and a small bag of chips. Came home, used left over rotissery chicken for chicken salad and had a nice lunch. this is sort of a break through for me-I've never chosen homemade and fresh over fast food when I'm pressed for time!!

After lunch I took a short pappy nap (you guys have your granny naps...._) and then decided to whip up new belly bands for the boyz. They now have 6 new snazzy looking bands (2 each) which means I can rotate them and wash a set every week instead of every month!! It did take a few hours but the result is very worth the time. I've got a lot of material so if anyone needs a belly band or two for their dog, just let me know and I'll be glad to whip up one or two for you.

Today I'm heading out to my bro's to meet my client and then hopefully will be stopping at Tractor Supply to pick up new wire fencing and a tarp and then on to a friend's house for a short visit. Back home I'll need to make up some samples for this weekend's demos. Whew!!

Shue-glad to see you check in-I was a tad worried but not ready to call out the search party yet!!

TDN-good luck with the ortho. How is Bud doing today?

Sunni and Lav-stay cool, enjoy the kids and gardening.

Almost-so the appraisal thing got sorted out? Do you want to give us a hint as to want region of the country you are moving to and remind us why you are making such a huge move? Is it for work?

Where is Dizzy, Sugar, Fly?

Kas-that pic yesterday was just amazing!! You keep outdoing yourself!!

Det-what are you up to this weekend?

Greenie-hope you had a nice walk at the river-have a nice day at work. I was wondering if you were still giving haircuts-I guess you answered that!! Is it going well?

Sure wish DG would check in-I think I'll PM her. Schools out so come visit!!

Blonde I think is either on her cruise or its getting close.

LVT-killed any more rattlers? Hope the chicks are staying safe!!

OK, that it for me. gotta feed the kids and hit the road by 11:30.
            New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

AF Daily~Friday, June 8

Morning FABbies!

Another bootiful day here and hopefully time to go dig in the dirt
              Hilary, I just realized that I really can't take the heat anymore so I wouldn't do well with a summer in Tx at all! I try to do outside stuff early in the morning or late afternoon/evening now. Big congrats on your 7 months! Well done! :l

Papmom!!! My goodness, you're a busy bee! Well done on the lunch menu! I often make salads in the evenings (at least in the summer) with a bit of chicken thrown on top. Yum. Oh! Oh! I'm in good graces with my bathroom scale again! 136lbs! Whoohoo! I guess I'll settle for 130lbs if I have to... so 6lbs more to go

Ok, phone bugging... time to get going. Have a fabulous day, girls 'n boys!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

AF Daily~Friday, June 8

Papmom- let's just say we are moving from very hot to not as hot. Very different climates and it's closer to family and hub's company office.

Sunni- 136???? I haven't seen that number since college. You go!
                AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

AF Daily~Friday, June 8

Hello, AFers,

I am going to start posting here again.

Had a really bad experience recently and am in the place where my choices regarding alcohol are limited to two: Drink and die, or don't drink.

So far, so good. No thoughts of drinking. Lots of regret that it took such a horrific experience to get there, though.

Nonetheless, I hope all have a wonderful day.

It is my 37th Anniversary. Hopefully a movie or dinner tonight.

Love to all,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily~Friday, June 8

Checking In

Hi All!

It's a month and a half now for me, or nearly. Thank goodness the evening cravings have subsided. I'm in a bit of a mental fog, but I hope that gets better. Probably didn't notice it before when I was drinking.

It is HOT here almost on the Mexican border in southern AZ. Mornings and late evenings are the only windows for doing things, so I'm about to take off. Fortunately I'll be moving to a more temperate climate in three weeks.

Thanks MWO community. The information and the posts really help. It's great to see people once again enjoying life. You all seem so busy!

Why does alcohol seem so attractive when its effects are so harmful, not only to the body, but also to the mind? Hmmm... got to keep remembering that. It's why I check in to see how wonderful life can be for those of you who have a healthy stretch of AF behind you!

LL :thanks:

Comment

AF Daily~Friday, June 8

Quick check in from me

Haven't posted on AF daily for a few days, but have been reading and posting on other parts of the board.
                      Been having a few difficulties and drinking thoughts- started a thread on this in Need Help ASAP. (Search my posts if you want to learn more), however you will be pleased to know I didn't drink. It only takes one thoughtless comment to change your whole mindset to drinking and alcohol.

Today is day 106 and I'm feeling a lot stronger today.
                      Will be back later.

Have a great AF day everyone

Comment

AF Daily~Friday, June 8

Hey everybody, I'm still here and AF.

There's been a bunch of nonsense going on in other parts of this board that made me take a step back and even think about leaving. I've been reading but not posting. But I'm good AF-wise.

Healthwise not feeling too great. I'm seeing a new doctor on Monday and am hopeful about that. I can thank Greeneyes for pointing me in a new direction as far as the new doctor goes. :h

Sausage--Two to 3 months has always been a tough time for me. Stick it out and it will pass. I commented to you in the ASAP section too. :l

Lostlady--The brain fog lifting has been a gradual thing for me, but I'm definitely a hell of a lot clearer than I was. I noticed a pretty big difference around the 3 month mark.

Cinders--I read your story about your perforated stomach--OMG! I'm glad that you're back.

Peace and love to the rest of you. I'm sorry I'm not feeling up to posting more.

Comment

AF Daily~Friday, June 8

Hi everone and welcome to those of you dropping in again, welcome back, and well DONE for chosing a normal healthy life. Everyone sounds great. Special shout out to Fly, I so hope you find someone who can help you feel better. Its bad enough fighting the quit, but to have headaches and be unwell when others seem to just improve with time....its gotta blow a goat. Im just sayin. I cant recommend accupuncture enough, several of my friends with serious headache problems got relief from it.

I just got back from taking the pilot boat over to an inaccessible beach for some repeated vegetation plots i have there. Here is a photo shot from the boat first thing as it was a pretty rough looking weather situation, but it turned out to be finer than it is reflected in this photograph. I am almost done this fieldwork, a couple more days and then its on to data entry and writing. Sure glad I was not feeling hungover on this boat trip, as I have in the past, and then walking all around on this large area, feeling like I need to lie down. Those days are done. Thank goodness.

One thing is for sure.

SS Kaslo
                          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily~Friday, June 8

Quick pop into say Hi to all your fab abbers

all is going well this side of the equator..winter seems to have (finally arrived) and we have had some rain..it is freezing..well freezing for me..abot 14deg C (LOL). Life is very busy, I am starting a new job in Aug, so heaps of hand over and knowledger transfer to do, along with the kiddies, horses and all other life stuff, keeps me super occupied

hugs to all you lovely ladies (and gent ) veryone seems very happy.

Kas - I cannot get enough of your pics, thanks so much for sharing them

xx

Comment

AF Daily~Friday, June 8

Just wanted to say "welcome back," Cindi. I will try to find your story. Sounds terrible! I'm glad you are here.:l
                              Fly, what kind of nonsense are you referring to? I need to read more on the other threads.
                              "One day at a time."

Comment

Working...
                              X