Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Monday, June 11th

Good morning affies,

It is a beautiful summer day, chances are it will get very hot later. I had a pretty good sleep, thankfully no dreams.

I have to deal with a lot of emotions and I am trying to compartmentalize and only think about the urgent and important stuff. Steve Covey?s teachings are coming in handy not just in business but in life too, more often than not. Amazon.com: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (9780743269513): Stephen R. Covey: Books).

I must say that the guilt factor would have been that much higher had I drank on my birthday. In fact, after this unfortunate incident I am feeling extremely grateful that I have been spared doing any damage back in my drinking and driving days. I am truly lucky that I did not hurt anyone. Looking back, with these fresh, sober (still red from crying) eyes ? I am having my own WTF moment. WTF was I thinking?!?!

Loopy and Aero ? how do you take your coffee? I am up early and love making it here. Kradle, I admire you for recognizing where you were and coming back.
    Kradle123;1332621 wrote: So if I dont post here daily, please call out the dogs. I know I am out there somewhere.
    Be careful what you wish for!!! I have dog looking for a new job. (sorry if it is a bad joke).

So, sweeties, the French press is steaming, I surreptitiously left a mug of decaf in expectation of Sugar. Pap?s tea will be in shortly.

Have a wonderful wonderful week and I cannot tell you what a support you have been for me. In fact, my hubby is jealous. I opened up quite a bit more about MWO ? even showed him some of the posts. So now he knows how serious I am about staying AF.

Big hugs form the Shue.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Shue- just popping in to say I'm SO sorry this happened to you and to let you know I'm thinking of you!
    :l
    I've been overwhelmed (prob relative term, eh?) and just caught up on all the goings on.
    Great work staying strong.

Ok, this is it for me for a few days. I'll catch up from my new state. You all are on my mind! Have a great week!
    AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Good morning Fab Abbers!

Shue, you sound like you are doing just fine despite everything that happened this weekend. No one ever said life was going to be easy, huh? Good that your husband has learned something important about you. My dream is to someday convince my overly judgmental husband that people can & do change......he could do the same if he chose to do so.

Almost, happy moving friend
      Wishing you safe travels this week!

We seem to be stuck in a hot & humid weather pattern here as well. Not much you can do but be grateful for the AC

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Monday!
      Curves & work are waiting for me!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good mornings Shue, Almost and Lav....its 8 AM and usually half the world has logged on by now. Oh, right i guess it is monday. Shu, you sound GREAT. If we were to tell a bunch of drunks that coping with things is much easier without the booze they would probably laff at us, but its true.

I have about two days left on beaches and in the bush, and then I can deal with my own beach and bush. But today, because its finally sunny for a change and I am almost done, I am gonna take some time to wheel barrow some soil down the slope and hopefully not kill myself. Arse over tea kettle with a wheel barrow full of dirt does not sound good at all, so ima wear my super duper strong ankle support hiking boots and take tylenol. Just in case. I will check in later with a report on it.

Big shout to Turn, Greenie, TDN, Sugar, where IS Dizzybee? Pap, and M3 and all others. Especially Det. I checked in to chat a couple of times over the past few days, and either everyone leaves when I get there or I am being sent to another planet.

Kaslo of the rolling dirt piles.
        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Good morning and checking I at day 22.

Almost didn't make it to 22. Had a super bad afternoon and evening and evening which I posted in the encouragement thread. Tired and and headache this morningbut not hungover this morning.
          Learning about yourself can be awful. The school of Self is the toughest place I have ever been...and I have a Master's degree.
          Anyway, am going to take it very easy today and will check in tomorrow.

Shue, I hope you won't Need the dog ! Its not a bad joke at all. It's exactly what I need to hear.
          Kaslo please don't kill yourself with the wheelbarrow. R U in Australia? Do they have hills there

:l
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Morning FABbies!

Yay, I made it (12 Minutes before noon.. that IS morning!) :H
            Another hot day here, too.. but I'm stuck inside. Remember those taxes I was wrestling with? Well, now the final deadline really IS upon me and ignoring the whole schlamassel is no longer an option. Sigh.

Shue.. you sound fabulous. I love that you went to cheer up the lil guy at the hospital :l So true, though... imagine how awful you would have felt had you been drinking.

Almost... best wishes for your move!

Lav, I saw your comment on the garden pics on FB... wanna send me a couple of cluckies!?

Kas.. safe travels with the slope, wheelbarrow, dirt, etc.

Ok, kids... gotta get back to it. Stay cool and one thing is for sure!
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Sunni - I'll send you STELLA :H :H
              She would make a great addition to your garden :H :H
              Get those taxes done ~ don't want to see you ending up in the pokey due to tax evasion!

Kaslo, remember the brick shit house ~ you are strong
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hidy ho AB-a-dingoes!

Kas, sorry to miss you on chat. I'll try to be less a stranger but things have been a bit nutty lately (mostly good tho).

good to see all your shiny, happy, AF faces today. must zoom zoom

be well
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening fabbies,

Feeling yet again better after spending more tme at the hospital with my son and his bitten friend. Tomorrow they'll discharge him. Thank God, everything seems to be ok. My hubby surprised me tonight when he dropped the bomb on our kid that the dog will have to go ... Become a police dog, or mountain dog rescue ... I know I need to part with the dog and find it hard enough, despite him inflicting his teeth into my son's friend ... Talk abot conflicting emotions here. But I was not quite ready to deal with my son having to part with the dog. I was saving that for last, hoping I can somehow recharge my batteries before we need to tell him.

I feel emotionally drained and I have lived the lows throughout. No numbing off with AL. It felt extremely raw but it also felt like it was the only way I was ever going to get over it. Feeling it full on then being able to put it behind me. No other way.

I think i might sleep tonight, I feel exhausted.

Have a great night, sweeties, tomorrow is a new day! I just know it !!!!
                  workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Morning from Aussie land

Shue..you have show great strength to get through all of this AF, well done :l

Sunni - It gets hot in Canada ??? (runs..ducks..hides LOL) :H

Almost - send you safe move vides..hopefully it all goes smoothly

Det, Turn and other fellow chatters - have not been able to even think about chatting, works is super crazy atm...will hopefully get a chance a bit later this week.

Kas - happy wheelbarrowing..

We have has some wild weather over the past couple of days 120km hr winds and storm with another strong front comming in today. So we are securing the hatches and staying in doors! Sunni - it is at times like these I wish I had your stables

I had a horrid drinking dream last night. I dreamt I was drinking vodka shooters and then moved onto rose wine. I had brought two bottles of wine, as you know, one is not enough and didn't want to run out. I then got horribly drunk and woke up in the morning feeling awful. I dreaded comming here saying that I had gotten drunk after almost 5 months AF! I also could not work out why the antabuse did not work, how could I dirnk that much and not be sick! OMG, it was horrid!! Thank God is was only a dream!!

OMG..my 9yr old has just asked if she can have picked onions for breakfast!!! Who am I to argue LOL

big shout out to Kradle, Lav, Pap, Sugar, Dizzy and all to follow

Time to get the kiddies up and off to school..

Have a fab day ya all
                    xx

Comment

Shue, extra hugs for you dear xxxxxxx I'm sorry for your loss of a family pet. it's jus gutwrenching and I envy you not.

Mum2 LOL!

xxxx
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

OK Fabbers, this is a link to a very sad and scary story on FB. Elicia Calhoun is a world reknown agility trainer. She and her 6 dogs were in a horrible accident this morning near Wilcox, AZ. 1 dog was killed and 2 are missing in the desert. Any of you that live in that area, please help in any way you can to find these dogs. Also, please share the link to as many people as possible. As of 15 min ago the dogs still had not been found. Temps are in 100s and there is about 2 hours of daylight left.
                        I have no idea if the dogs were crated or not ((I suspect not) and I will now get on my soapbox: CRATE YOUR DOGS WHEN TRAVELING!! DO NOT LET THIS (OR WORSE) HAPPEN TO YOU!!

Off my box now.

https://www.facebook.com/messages/1620278890#!/groups/344888635582961/

this is the poster of the missing dogs:

https://www.facebook.com/messages/1620278890#!/photo.php?fbid=232931053490443&set=o.3448886355829 61&type=1&theater

Hugs to Shue who hopefully is in a deep sleep by now.

Hugs to everyone else.
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                        X