Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Tuesday, June 12th

Hello hello faberoonies,

I see everyone is still asleep ? The French roast is waiting for you, Sugar?s decaf got cold. Pap, horrible news from Arizona, come and get your tea and hope to maybe get some good news on finding the doggies.

I have been a bit self absorbed in my grief and greedy of all your good thoughts and prayers. I am saying thanks with this pic of a very quirky house I have seen in the seaside city of Varna a few weeks back. It just made me smile, it was covered in vines and flowers on all sides .

Almost moved ????
    Lav ? the brick out-house made me smile even though I was crying when I saw it.
    Kas ? keep those postcards coming, they just really make my day.
    Kradle
    ? woof woof !!! how are you doing?
    Sunni
    and your "nana nap":H , btw ? your garden is just gorgeous ? saw the latest pics on FB.
    Det, Mo2, TND, Mo3, Greenie, Sausage
    ? and whoever else I am forgetting ? we need to ask Turn
    to give us a tune on the accordion.

Have a great day, people with big hearts, and many many thanks for being there for me
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Don't know where everyone is but I'm here Shue!! The update from AZ is that Tobie has been spotted moving away from the crash site. Hopefully they will be able to capture her soon.
    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

I have actually been up since 5:30 but had to rush to get out to my babysitting gig that started at 7:00
      Having tons of fun with two demanding little boys and a pair of stinky, wet Goldens. Yes, it's raining here!

Shute, that pic reminds me (sort of) of new Orleans. They are famous for their quirky balcony arrangements

pap mom, sure hope the doggies are located today :l

OK, back to the kids.
      Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the Wiggles?
      Grown men entertaining kids on TV all day is just weird

Forgive my typos
      IPads can be difficult
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Harrow FABbies!

Haven't got much to say for myself... except... TAXES :upset:
        Hope you all have better things to do!!!

Shue... way cool balcony on that house! How'd ya like to sip your morning java there!?
        Lav... my sympathy on the stinkies, and the kiddie TV. I agree... what a way to make a living!
        Pap, I believe they found her! Yay!

Ok, gotta luv yas 'n leave yas. Wish me luck!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hello Abbers,

It does seem this thread is a little short for this time of day. Hopefully all are out doing fun and productive things!!

Not much to report from here. Had a follow-up with GP that went well. She did give me some pain meds to help with tummy pain. Already made me feel good enough to actually do some housework and pulled me out of the funk I have been in the last few days. I just don't do pain well. Not a tough cookie by any stretch... Okay, a whiner. :-)

Shue, sometimes being self-absorbed is important. I hope you feel better soon. Life does throw some awful punches occasionally. :l:l

A shout out to all for a wonderful day.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Evening everyone.

Was up extra early this morning but only had time to catch up on yesterday's posts. I had a late night. One of the things I learnt from my previous false starts at going AF is that I need to keep up my social life as that is what keeps me happy even if it does put temptation in my way. So Friday I went to the opera, Saturday a bollywood musical set in the east end of London, Sunday a day off and then last night dinner in an operatic restaurant which was heaps of fun. My jaw still hurts from smiling so much. One act was a string quartet who for the last set played the can can, while dancing it (of sorts) try imagining the chap with the cello. It was hysterical.

Shue I take my coffee black with no sugar. How about you, in case I am up before you and feel up to making breakfast?

5 days done and feeling pretty good except tired.

Animals are such a worry, probably because we love them so much. Long story of sudden illness and loss but the rabbits I have now are not the red fluffies that I posted a while ago. However the current ones are as affectionate as can be and get on well with the neighbourhood cat who is not mine but has slept on my bed every night for the last six years!

Kas, after your welcoming post I went back and reread a couple of my last posts. I sounded so together just the day before I fell off the wagon. Something I will keep in the forefront of my mind this time.

Hope everyone has a good day/evening and with chores done, children, partners and or animals fed and watered we can all sleep the sleep of the righteous (well perhaps slightly mischievous)

Take care
            Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow - Einstein
            AF 8 June 2012

Comment

Cindi X posted. Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. I noticed that the garlicy one was looking for you and sending you good vibes.
              Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow - Einstein
              AF 8 June 2012

Comment

Needless to say I have not done a lick of work today-been on FB all day following the story!! Happy ending, well as happy as can be expected:

New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Loppy, Thanks for the head's up re Det.

Det, Cindi checking in, accounted for and sober!! Thank you for caring, it means so much. :l:l

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I'm here. I'm here! My hands up... See? :wavin:

I'm just in the back row behind the geraniums
                    Day 23 and feeling , feeling...survey says...Pretty good

:l
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Bonjour Fabinis! Late check in due to going directly to the garden. I am so glad to be able to return the favour of sounding half assed together, Loppy. When I used to read the posts of people on here in about April I think of 2011, I had already gone through the worst couple of months but I still desperately needed to know that people who quit have normal productive lives. I had huge headaches, bad temper problems yada yada. So yeah. Cinders, glad you have a good GP. And that you are feeling better.

Shueski, I will try to post a few more, like Lav says, that really reminds me of New Orleans, your pix.

Sunni Revenue Canada should be sent to their rooms. That is all.

Pap, I am, it seems, about to rescue my daughters Senegal Parrot Toby, and his friend Jackson, a budgie. I have been Gramma for about 5 years to this bird (Jackson is a new friend), and I know he is demanding, messy, loud but also funny, sweet, cute, especially when bad, and thinks of us as his flock. Its either that or they go to a rescue for birds because she cant take it any more. BTW I tried to say NO 5 years ago, but of course I was not successful in my No-ness. Sigh.

No pix yet, either. Poor Toby has pulled out a lot of his feathers, due to neglect and worry, and so he is one butt ugly parrot. He used to be so handsome.

Well back out to the garden for me. No rest for the wicked. Best day ever to all who havent checked in. One thing is for sure. Love to all.
                      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Flying Hi! Not high, "hi". got a webcast interview I wanna catch that starts 2 minutes ago.
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Oy,
                          Raining cats & dogs here! Hope the DIL & kids get home safely
                          Put in another 14 hr marathon day.......enough!

Greenie, I haven't been able to sit & listen to any webcasts lately ~ enjoy

Kaslo, poor Toby! I know what my chickens look like when they accidently on purpose loose a few feathers - not pretty. I bet Toby will rebound under your care. I have a cockatiel that is 25+ years old & they thrive when they have a consistent routine. He's never seen a vet - I've nursed him through a few episodes of ill health over the years. (I've never found a vet who knows anything about birds)

OK, shutting down for the night. Have a good one everyone!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                          X