• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Thursday 6-14

Good morning Abbers!

Up bright & early with an energetic puppy

CONGRATS Bean on your 8 months AF
    I hope you enjoy yuor hen weekend & yes, this is a good time to 'practice' being AF!

Nothing super special on my day plan, hope to get lots of little things done.
    My trash was just picked up Greenie so I am happy

Have a terrific AF Thursday everyone!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

AF Daily ~ Thursday 6-14

Go BEAN!!

The bluebirds can't fit into the house anymore to feed the babies and I can see movement in the opening. I wish I could stay home and sit on the porch and watch until they launch.

Off to work.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thursday 6-14

Good morning Fablanders! I am making a late start out to do the last plots... yesterday we spent a lot of time talking to people and stopping by, and not as much tme pounding across the beaches to get to sites and then tearing off to the next beach. We bought sausaage at the sausage couples house. She is also the ferry captain. We talked to the guy from Texas who comes up here every year for the past 38, and when I ask him Do you think many Texans know about the west Kootenay, and he sez I HOPE not. (apologies to Texans, I think he meant that he likes the lack of people. ) For lack of people, we hae them.

Congratulations BEAN, whooooooo hooooooooooooooooo! BEAN IS A WEST KOOTENAYITE. Removed slightly, but still. Just sayin.

Love to all on this fine June day. Where are all our AFs at various days and months.... please check in, and tell your stories of conquest. Or not. But we are here for you.
      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thursday 6-14

Hello Abbers,

Your place sounds peaceful and beautiful Kaslo. I wish I could visit but my DUI precludes that. :-(

Well. I am now three weeks sober. A small step in the whole but my attitude is so positive right now, I am looking forward to many, many weeks sober. (I won't say the rest of my life because somehow that seems daunting but it truly is my little prayer every day.)

My tummy is feeling better, which is helping my mood, too.

I have to visit two nursing homes today and two tomorrow in a recon for my mama. Not sure if she will end up here but hoping. At least here, she would have many family members willing to visit and pick her up for excursions, etc.

I am grateful I am sober and sane to do this for her. :-)

Hope all have a happy and sober day today.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thursday 6-14

Good Morning everone:

Checking in for Day 25.
          Geez sometimes I feel Tom Hanks in Cast Away marking off the days alone in his cave!

Cinders: Three weeks! Way to Go! 21 days 3x7=21 ! Sorry doing times tables with my twins these days

But I know I'm not alone, really I do. It's been a pretty good week. Kids having normal kid issues nothing I cant handle with meds and locks on the doors.

Greeneyes if I may ask where is your time zone as your posts are coming in at around 4am on my west coast computer. Just wondering.

And Kaslo your place does sound awesome. I miss my East Coast beaches. The Pacific Coast Beaches just can't compare and I am NOT in Calif :H
          Okay. Shue. You can crate the dogs now...

Hugs
          :l
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thursday 6-14

Kas,
            Just wondering......
            Do you & Bean ever refer to yourselves at KOOTYS? :H
            Hope you are having a lovely day

Cindi, as a retired RN I can tell you there are two important things to consider when choosing a nursing home for a loved one:
            1. Check out the latest Medicare Inspection results on line. You will see which homes passed & which homes have deficiencies.....important!
            Nursing Home State Survey Inspection Reports Medicare / Medicaid

2. Do the sniff test!
            When you walk in the front door, what do you smell? Urine? Turn around & walk away. Sound ridiculous & even a bit petty but it's an easy way to tell if the patients are being toileted frequently.

I had to place both my father & FIL in nursing homes (different states) & found good ones this way.
            Wishing yuo luck with your search.Glad you are feeling better too. Congrats on your 3 AF weeks!

Kradle, Greenie & I are both east coast residents although she dwells in a hotter area!

Found gas for $3.32 in Fairhill, MD this morning - best price I've seen lately!!!!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thursday 6-14

Hello fabbies,

I have a lot to be grateful for ...

-The kid my dog bit has blisfully no damaged tendons and is on the mend.
              - I found a new home for my dog, someone who already has a pretty good set up and is commited to excercising him ( he's a police dog handler and wants Sam as a guard dog in his house).
              -tonight is the first night I can look at Matilda's picture and not cry
              - I went through this AF ... Until yesterday ... Hubby and i shared a bottle of wine. He handed me the glass and I had a WTF moment.

- And and I am grateful for having this place to hold me accountable.

I still have to watch my son part with the dog tomorrow and then take Sam to his new home myself. I will make it through that AF.

Emotional hangover .... That's what I feel like.

After all this is done I am going to have a hard look at what made me allow myself to drink. Hubby is as blameless as he is clueless to the nature of the beast.

Tomorrow, fabbies, sorry I drank.
              workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thursday 6-14

Hi everyone, Cinders and Kradle, glad you are getting a taste of normalicy. I completely understand the need to just look at the immediate future. It gets better. It gets tricky. But it gets better.

Shue, I guess I could cut you some slack seeing as how your dog bit someone, and you have to get a new home for him. But im not gonna. Canadians always say "sorry, but" Here is what Im sayin' your Mr. Shue may have no idea, yet, but YOU do. If you are really honest with yourself you know you have a tendancy to fall right back into it, and one or two glasses does eventually lead you back to insanity. Im not saying I didnt do it myself however. I fell too. Often and hard. But then by the time I was in my fifties I was keenly aware that my gallbladder and kidneys were going to kill me. You can say no. you can cope.

I hope I havent pissed you off. Recently, on another site, not MWO, there was a woman struggling and winning for a year. She then started to slide. Announcing she was going to wine tastings, and wondering what to do with herself at them. Drinking to excess periodicially. Increasingly. And so... I called her on it. She got really browned of, left the site, then another member told me they were pretty sure she was logging on as two different people and arguing with herself about what kind of shite pedlar I was. It was harsh and embarrassing. Then she just dissapeared. I dont think she has done very well, and I am pretty sure she is back drinking herself senseless most nights. So while I have only been here for a year and a bit, Pap, Greenie, M3, Lav some of the others may take a different tack, but I doubt it. They kicked my arse when I needed it, and Ima do you the favor as well. Love ya, but stop using.

Here is a pix of the little ferry I mentioned yesterday.

And nooooo Lav we dont call ourselves that, that I know. We are Koot en ay.

Love to all on this fine June evening. I have to fly to Victoria to look after my eldest, who is on her own with two kids under three and she has pneumonia.
                Kaslo

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thursday 6-14

I love that pic Kas & please accept my apologies for that stupid crack I made earlier
                  I sure hope your daughter recovers quickly. Email me if you need any grandma advice - good luck!!!

shue, I have to agree with Kas.....you need to learn to say NO. Stressful situations are a part of everyday life & we don't have to pick up a drink.....we choose to do so.
                  When my husband suddenly ran out of here on me 2 years & 2 months ago I deliberately chose to not drink. How would it have helped me? It would have left me feeling like shit & I made a commitment to myself to never do that to myself again.

I am a member of QuitNet & sign on there everyday to make my pledge to not smoke. They use the acronymm N.O.P.E. Not One Puff Ever. Makes perfect sense to me because everytime I've quit smoking & restarted just because I thought it was OK to have just one. It was never OK for me
                  I fear the same thing with AL. If I give myself permission to have just one glass of wine, then what happens? I fear I don't have any quits left in me.
                  So, I think we need to use an acronym here as well. How about:
                  N.O.D.E. Not One Drink Ever
                  or
                  N.O.S.E. Not One Sip Ever
                  Either one works for me :H

Hope everyone has a peaceful evening!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thursday 6-14

Kas is that your truck on the ferry? The only vehicle? Cool!

Good call on the nursing home process, Lav. Done that myself.

Shue, what is it that keeps you from telling your husband the real deal on your alcohol issue? Are you leaving the proverbial window open? Tomorrow can be OK. This experience is a piece of everyone's journey in it's own way. You don't have to carry the weight of it all. You weren't responsible.

I should pack, but you know what? I'm going to listen to my body and go to bed. I'll do it in the morning in the wee hours, I can be more efficient then anyway (sounds good doesn't it?). I've heard there is something really good for you in the sleep time from 10-12. I keep saying I'm going to make a new sleep rule, but I don't. So tonight I do. And more nights too. I'm going to listen to that inner voice that knows what's in my best interest, not that OCD one that keeps me up doing stuff.

Oh wait, that can't be your car. duh.
                    sigpic

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thursday 6-14

Lav I'm like that too. With smokes and drink. One puff of a cig and it would just be a matter of time before I was smoking my brains out. And we know that is the case with a drink too. Otherwise I'd have FOUR fecking years this weekend.
                      sigpic

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thursday 6-14

Thass ok Lav. I wasnt offended.

Good advice from both you and the Greenster. You guys really rock in the explanation department.

Greenie, how could I take the photo of my truck on the ferry if I was on the shore at the time taking the photo? Hmmmm? Unless someone else is driving it. Hadnt thought of THAT. HEY WAIT A SEC.

I hope they buy me some gas!

Kaslo

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thursday 6-14

Ms Greenie - you are well on your way to that 4 years
                          Have an Ab Fab weekend!

Kas, maybe it was magic :H
                          Do you pay through the nose for gas up your way too? I am now crossing state lines & buying gas in Maryland. Technically it's the closest gas station to my house anyway & cheaper gas. I used to go to Maryland to buy wine. I used to go to Delaware to buy smokes - Geez
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thursday 6-14

FABbies!

Taxes are DONE! Phew. So am I. Still owing $1200+ but better than $2300. Gotta look for the silver lining. Or something like that.

Shue.. very glad about doggie's new home, etc... not so glad about you wavering... but hey, we've all done it. Just don't make it a regular thing, please?

Ok, I'm off to bed soon... having peanut #2 here from tomorrow morning until Sunday, daughter and the original peanut are coming tomorrow night.. it's Peanut's 2nd birthday on Sunday! What the heck!? How'd that happen!? :H

Anywho... should be an exhausting weekend, so I'll need to rest up Have a great weekend, everyone!!!!
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

AF Daily ~ Thursday 6-14

Lav, some of us go to the States to buy gas, because where i live its only an hour to get to a US gas station. I dont cause I never seem to have the time.

I WILL be asking for advice if I need it in the granny dept. My grandkids are ok, but their mother is a handful sometimes. And I am not the most patient saintlike mother grandmother nursie. My younger daughter is prepared to spell me off, but it takes a day to get to the Island from where we live.

Sunni you and I can be in a competition for who is the most worn out by the end of the weekend.

Kaslo of the head ache pill bottle.
                              Kaslo

Comment

Working...
                              X