X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Friday June 15

Good morning Abbers!

I was up at 6 am again (thank you Matilda) so the coffee is on
    Watching the sun rise in my jammies, standing outside in the damp grass has become my new morning routine.

I am working up the ambition to get myself to Curves then back for more yardwork. This seems to be the story of my life these days
    A little fun-type excitement would be nice but oh well.

Det, what AD are you stopping? It's not an easy thing to do, I had a hard time getting off of Lexapro. But , I was still drinking so I'm sure that complicated the matter. Just keep in mind that once you do have the stuff out of yuor system you will level out & feel great

Wishing the resident grannies the best of luck & lots of energy for the weekend

Have a terrific AF Friday everyone!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Resident granny reporting for duty! :H
    Gonna get ready to go get the brazil nut in a bit. Hopefully, there'll be lots of pictures this weekend.

Lav, jammies, coffee, watching sun come up sounds like heaven, actually Damp grass is ok, too... except when it's as long as mine. Was hoping to get that cut last night but no go. Ah well. There's always... Tuesday :H Oh.. and before I forget... Matilda is just the cutest!

Det, I hope you're feeling better today :l Kas, lurvely picture, as always!

Have a FABulous weekend, everyone.. and one thing is for sure!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Good morning all, too funny Det...i believe in all kinds of spirits. Drinking dreams really suck. Not sleeping is even worse i think. Thats me .

Lav... I do believe you would like to cut loose. Other than chickens and dogs can you find someone to look after your place and go for a jaunt somewhere? Lots of pix weekend to you Sunni.

All the best to the rest. Im off to do the last plots today then off to catch a plane to look after the sick daughter and kids. I decided to enlist my younger girl to help. We can tag team the kids and the mom. My daughter, h the sick one is a royal pain sometimes esp when sick. Will check in
      I actually wish i was going home instead. Although i love my gks.
      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Sunni and Kas (and any other Canadians I've missed), I spotted this on the BBC yesterday about the cost of food in somewhere up in the frozen north. Crazy prices. I don't see how people manage to eat. BBC News - Who, What, Why: Why does a cabbage cost $28 in Canada?

Lav, Matilda is VERY cute. Time for a holiday maybe to inject some fun? Can't beat 'em :H Oh, Kas, I just noticed that you said that too. Great minds

Have a good day all!
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hi Abbers,

A quick check-in from me. Have some appts to get to today.

Lav, thank you for the link yesterday. It is one of the slowest websites I have been on in ages, though. Geez. However, the facilities I have been visiting are not listed? Is it possible that because they are "memory care" facilities and not nursing homes that they are not listed?

Hope all grannies have a great weekend with young'uns. I hope my boys come over this weekend to swim. I can't join in yet but I can sit by the pool and chat. :-)

I also hope all Abbers have a wonderful, sober, serene Friday.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Just a flying visit my friends

Haven't had much time lately to checkin, I got a job so its been a bit hectic, pretty steep learning curve
            All is good still AF, I know sometimes people float away from here and come back with the bad story but not today, I'm hoping to have a look around to see how everyone is doing tonight, I can't say how much this little forum helped me at the start.

Hey Shue, Dizzy Greenie, Kaslo, Sunshine, Almost, Lav, Marchie, Cinders and everyone I can't think of at the moment, hope everyone is well
            "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

CONGRATS on the job sugar :yay:
              Can't wait to hear about what you're doing

Cindi, yeah, the gov websites are slow as molasses.
              The inspections are done on facilities that get Medicare/Medicaid funds from the goverment. If you are looking at private pay facilities then you won't see any inspection reports. Your best bet in that case would be to talk to the residents themselves & their families/visitors. Are the residents clean, seemimgly happy, eating well? Wishing you luck!

Hi Marshy!
              I can't wait to look at the link you posted......I can't imagine a $28 cabbage :H
              Think I'll plant some today :H

Kas, wishing you the best this weekend. Great idea to enlist the help of your other daughter

Guess I'll go harvest more broccoli - it's about finished now. Maybe I'll plant some money trees in their place!!!!!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Quick check before I leave for the Okanagan valley to catch my plane. YAY SUGAR, congrats on the job!!:l

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

oy ABsters. still feeling pretty puny here. not my normal self, but should be barking mad soon me hopes.

Kas, safe flight there

Lav, broccoli is better than money I think. well, plant one of each then you have all bases covered.

it's Citalopram that I'm getting off of. it's supposed to be a mild withdrawal but that is certainly not the case for me after so many years.

way to go Sugar

lets see. ok I forgot again.

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det,
                    Celexa & Lexapro are closely related so I don't doubt that you are feeling puny.
                    I was sstill drinking when I stopped the Lexapro......didn't make things any easier
                    Hang in there & follow the instructions your Doc gave you, you will be OK
                    Don't be embarassed about the forgetfulnes - I can't remember what I had for lunch today :H :H
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

lol ok! xxxx
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                      X