My Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Story

Hi Everyone, I am Jim. I am not ashamed of myself but , of my drinking. I in all my life never drank like this ,I have 3 or 4 beers in the morning(not me) a couple in the afternoon, 8 at night . 12-14 beers a day. I know it's not good it's most likely killing me.I was going through 30 pack every 2 days. It's costing alot of money. I ordered the book will be in early next week ( can't wait ). I am going for ab. not mod, I am afraid if I drink I'll go back to my old ways. As you can see I've been drinking alot. Last week went 1 day with out and the next day was such a mess, heaves, shakes, headache.

Does anyone have advise for my about the program ? For what the program cost ,I was spending in beer. My idea is to go to detox at hospital to get all the poisons out of me. Come home and start the program. Any ideas on this. Or is it liveable with the program to detox thru it ?

I know why I drink family history, bordom, habit .I have only been drinking like this since Jan 2005,Been out of work 3 knee replacements and wrist operations.

Please offer any advise....
    Thanks so much ....Jim:new:

My Story

Rust-Jim,

Welcome to MWO. The program does work!
    I can relate to your pain (both knees replaced a couple years ago) and the Drinking...

It is good that you have only been drinking heavily since 2005, many here have 20-30 years of heavy abuse. However at the amount you are at you may need to moderate down before stopping cold.

The supplements in the program do help with withdraw. The Topa..RX is for helping remove the craving the need to drink....

Read the book through, and make a plan based on your situation. If you can not cut down to be able to stop within the program here you may be wise to go to hospital and detox...

Regardless you will find a lot of support here. Read as much of the posts as possible...keep asking questions most here have been through or are going through much of what you are...

Best wishes and again welcome
    Control the Mind

Comment

My Story

Welcome Jim,

I had only been drinking heavily for about two years, but very heavily of late. I quit "cold turkey" two weeks ago before I went to a dr, before I got the book, supps, topamax etc. The first five days were hell -- one person's advice - get to a doctor, read the book, get the supps, topa if you can get it, start detox under a doc's care with all the tools in the book --- AND it has worked for me. I didn't think anything could. Two weeks ago today I was a MESS...today I am 14 days without a drink -- a flipping record for me in the last two years. And I am hopeful. Stay on the website. Let us know how you're doing. Log on to chat when you can. Stay in touch.

Welcome. You are among people who understand where you are today. Join us on our journey....
      sri

Comment

My Story

Dear Jim,
        A hearty welcome to MWO. It is hard but when you feel you have reached your rock bottom which is different for each person then you have come to the right place for love, support and getting to know your fellow companions on this journey.

I stopped drinking on the 1st Jan 2007, went AF for 34 days and have now learned to moderate. I have a number of AF nights every week and only 2 to 3 drinks spaced over a number of hours when I do drink.

I hope that you have a suppportive person there with you as that can make a big difference. Just keep going and you will come out OK if you are determined. The CD's helped me a lot. Keep posting and my thoughts are with you.

Diana
        eace:

Comment

My Story

Hello Jim,
          I'd just advise a visit to your doctor if the shakes ect. continue.
          It can be very dangerous to stop suddenly.
          Please be careful.

Comment

My Story

Hi Jim,
            I know how you feel about the excessive beer drinking. Beer is also my drink of choice and I was drinking the same amount of beer as you daily . I just wanted to wish you good luck with abstinence. I'm not there yet, I'm trying mod but I'm getting the strong feeling that I will eventuallyhave to stop completely as I'm catching myself too often drinking above my limit.
            Good luck to you!

Comment

My Story

Hi Jim

I agree with Popeye. See your docter if it gets too bad. I was drinking a fifth of rum every day and a gallon on weekends ( sometimes more ) I was too far gone and I knew it. I couldnt write my own name at 1 in the afternoon because of shakes. I had to go in the hospital for detox or I would have never made it. Blood level going in was 3.8

Now 65 days AF MWO is my support line. I dont post often but read a lot and I know everyone will be there to help when I need it and they will be there for you.

Keep reading and posting.:welcome:
              AF Since December 2006

Comment

My Story

Thank you

Jules and everyone thank you..For your support...I feel bad..I've had 4 beers this morning snook them so I fell very bad.Just got the book wasn't suppose to be here til next week.I feel very guilty...I let myself down and now have a back up of beer...for the oscars..I was cut down to 6 a day...I KNOW THAT'S STILL TOO MUCH.....Your supprt helps .....
                Thanks everyone ....Jim

Comment

My Story

Keep trying Jim. That is all you can do. We all have fallen so many times. We just have to pick ourselves back up and try again. Hang in there!!!

Comment

My Story

Yes Jim...just read and book and keep checking in here...we have all fallen --and probably will again...but keep checking in with us okay? We're here!
                    sri

Comment

Working...
                    X