Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weep not for loved ones...in Christ who leave us..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Die is to Gain
    Here we see through a glass that is dark and cloudy, but there we will see face to face. There, what "eye has not seen nor ear heard" will be fully revealed to us. There, paradoxes will be unraveled, mysteries made clear, obscure texts enlightened, confusing and questionable verses will be revealed as being amazingly simple and true. The least of all souls in heaven knows more of God than the greatest saint on the earth. The greatest saint on the earth may have it said of him, "Nevertheless he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he." Not even our greatest preachers understand as much of theology as the lambs in the flock of glory. Not even the greatest masterminds of the earth understand one-millionth part of the mighty meanings which have been discovered by souls liberated from these bodies made from clay.

Yes, "To die is gain." Take away, take away that hearse, remove the covering of black, adorn it in white with bright shiny decorations. There, take away the music of the death march, rather lend me the trumpet and the drum. O hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah; why do we cry as the saints go to heaven? They are not dead, they have simply gone to heaven before us. Stop, stop that crying, hold back your tears, clap your hands, clap your hands.

"They are supremely blessed,
    Are done with care and sin and woe,
    And with their Savior they rest."

What! weep! weep! for heads that are crowned with crowns of heaven? Weep, weep for hands that hold the harps of gold? What, weep for eyes that see the Redeemer? What, weep for hearts that are washed from sin, and are throbbing with eternal bliss? What, weep for men and women that are in the Savior's arms? No; weep for yourselves, that you are here. Weep that the mandate has not come which commands you to die. Weep that you must remain. But not for them.

I see them turning back on you with loving wonder, and they exclaim, "Why do you weep? What, weep for poverty that is clothed in riches? What, weep for sickness, that has inherited eternal health? What, weep for shame, that is glorified; and weep for sinful mortality, that has become immaculate? Oh, do not weep, but rejoice. If you knew what it was that I have said to you, and where I have gone, you would rejoice with a joy that no one could take from you."
    Control the Mind

Rocky that was beautiful makes you think X...
    My Nana died eight years ago now, and i still can't come to terms with it. I have a photograph of her in my living room with a poem next to her picture, i would like to share this poem with you....its called TOGETHERNESS....
    Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away
    into the next room. I am i, and you are you.
    Whatever we were to each other that we still are.
    Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in
    the easy way you always used. Put no difference
    into your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or
    sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little things
    jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile think of me.
    Pray for me. Let my name be the household
    name it always was. Let it be spoken without the
    shadow of a ghost in it. Life means all that it ever
    meant. It is the same as it ever was. What is death
    but a negligible accident. Why should i be out of
    your mind because i am out of your sight. All is
    well, nothing is lost. One brief moment and all
    will be as it was before.
    That was so hard to type as i find it hard to read it without crying, i just wanted to share it with you guys..
    Lots of :l 'sLisa XX
    Elvis is'nt dead, he's in my broom cupboard ....

Comment

Rocky and Mrs macks
      Both were very poignant and beautiful and very meanignful to me; thank you very much for your words
      love
      blondie

Comment

What joy we have to look forward to!
        Rocky....could you use black print for your post so they could be printed. Maybe just me but my printer doesn't pick this light blue up.
        Thanks Rocky, Lisa and Blondie for sharing your hearts.
        Love,
        Nancy:h
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
        X