Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angry and guilty...again

Hi Guys,
    I had been doing well for a while with the mod (although not a well as I had hoped). As you know I'm a beer drinker and before mod, I would drink around 15 beers a day. So "moderating" at 4-6 beers a day was good for me and I had great hopes of decreasing it even more...Well, I know these things I'm dealing with right now are not an excuse to drink excessively again but I did it anyway. My husband is in the middle of changing jobs. My kids got sick with a dreadful cold and I had to take my 13 year old to the doc because he had shingles. Everything seemed to have been too much this week and I made the mistake to buy a 5 L box of wine on Monday and sipping it throughout the day, every day. Also, my husband came home with 12 packs of beer nightly, so I had 6 beers and who knows how much wine daily this entire week. I felt so off during my binges. I hate that feeling so much and now I have to try and "reset" my clock and start all over. I will go with my previous strategy of cutting down (first 6 beers, then 4 beers and hopefully eventually 2 a day with 2 days of a break). I'm too scared to quit cold turkey and I'm not planning to abstain as my family is coming from Germany to visit in May. They are beer drinkers and I don't want them to think I have a problem, so I'm trying to tackle the problem by May. I feel angry and guilty today cause I have a hang-over and acted quite stupid during my week of binging....so a lot of guilt on the mental part of my severe slip-up....:upset:

Angry and guilty...again

Moderation, please don't feel guilty. To err is human, to forgive divine. Please forgive yourself. Guilt is so destructive. Realize you made a little mistake and move on. This is why we are here. To remind you of how good a person you are, and a little mistake does not eradicate all the good you have done.
    where does this go?

Comment

Angry and guilty...again

I, for one, have been where you are. All I can see is keep at it. Keep focusing on the fact you need/want to cut down/quit. It may take a few times but you should find the balance. Remember how horrible you feel today and how you do not want to feel like that anymore. It is not worth it. Don't beat yourself up anymore. It does not solve anything. Just move on in a positive direction, okay?
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Angry and guilty...again

Thanks guys, for your support. Yeah really, I should remember how terrible I feel now the next time I feel like drinking so much Good thing is, I only had 2 beers today (while I'm trying to "wean" from the poison). I think I want to abstain for a month. So, there is one moe beer in the house and I will drink that tonight and then try and not buy the stuff for a month. Heck, it's lent anyway!

Comment

Angry and guilty...again

We've all been there; guilt is a useless emotion. It doesn't help to beat yourself up. You did well before and you can do it again. You said maybe 30 days AF would be a good thing -- might help you prepare for your relatives visit? With a little success/strength under your belt?
          sri

Comment

Angry and guilty...again

I agree with what all has been said here. Guilt is a destructive emotion. I know because I am always living my life feeling guilty about something. My mother said something that helped me with feeling guilty - I am trying to work on that each and everyday. You can't change what happened. You can move forward and control what is going to happen... or something to that effect.

It might be a good thing to wean yourself down especially if you are consuming a lot on a daily basis. Quitting cold turkey can be dangerous. Also, you may want to consult with your doctor too? They have things that can help you with withdrawal symptoms like Lorazepam (Ativan), Valium, etc...

The more you try the better you will get. Hang in there!!!

Comment

Angry and guilty...again

Hi,
              Sharing with us is a good sign that you want to keep going with your plan to cut down. OK, we all slip up at some time or other. After all you are human like all of us. Hang in there and Good luck.

Diana
              eace:

Comment

Angry and guilty...again

Afraid to go to sleep just yet...don't want to wake up with anxiety or sweats...but I need sleep because after partying last night, we didn't go to sleep until 2 and I woke up 2 hours later and haven't slept since...I'm drinking a good tea called "sleepytime" and I took some Valerian Root and Melatonin. Hope this all will make me "crash". I have only had 2 beers today because I'm scared of cold turkey, but if I feel better tomorrow I will go without any and see what happens. Wish me luck! Thanks Guys!

Comment

Angry and guilty...again

I love the Sleepytime tea. It is very soothing. Sounds like you are heading on the right track. Weaning down is a good thing. The Valerian Root and Melatonin should really help you get some zzzzz's. Keep us updated on how you are doing.

Comment

Working...
                  X