Did you recover from any drinking related health problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering if you had developed medical conditions because of the drinking. If so, did your problems improve when you quit/moderated? I don't know if I have actual health problems but during my withdrawals, I get a gnawing pain in my upper right quadrant. This usually goes away within 2-3 days when I abstain. I also don't notice any pain when I'm drinking, just when I have overdone it (the next morning). I'm a 37 year old female (6 ft. 1 and 170 lbs.) :thanks:

Hi ModerationNow,
    A long period of drinking does cause health problems, be it a fatty liver, high cholestrol, lipods, pancreatic problems, diabetes, bowel problems etc, etc. The good news is that our bodies can be very forgiving and often with abstaining or moderation most of the damage will be repaired. Us women have to be a bit more careful as we tolerate alcohol less than men but with changes to our habits you will fell much healthier in next to no time. Your body is telling you that you are hurting it so time to do something about it. Good luck and hope to see you post more in the near future.

Regards
    Diana
    eace:

Comment

I would get some pains just beneath my bottom rib on my left side. I know it's my stomach in that area, as I asked a doctor once. I haven't felt that pain since I stopped, and it's only been 11 days. The body is amazing at healing itself.
      where does this go?

Comment

MN, I'm a male 37 yo 210lbs and defintately get pain/swelling under my ribcage on the liver side. it does subside completely (for me) with "real" moderation or going AF for a few days...pretty scary though to think what our poor bodies go through. the time is now! lets all feel better
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

yes same thing here a feeling of swelling under the right ribcage by the liver.i went AF for 45 days and it completely went away.health problems are an unfortunate part of life if we are alcoholics or not.i had a complete physical just a few months ago and it was just what i do normally,not necesarily related to alcoholism.thankfully all was o.k.

Comment

similar for me...i would, without fail wake up in the early hours feeling nausius (sick)....
            after gagging (not really bringing anything up, i was ok for the rest of the day)....as soon as i went af this dissapeared completely....horrible upset tum also vanished...IN THE PAST I TOOK A DRINK TO SETTLE THIS
            havin blood tests done shortly (after 52 days af) so hoping liver has returned to near normal
            davy

Comment

good luck

davy4ann;101113 wrote: similar for me...i would, without fail wake up in the early hours feeling nausius (sick)....
              after gagging (not really bringing anything up, i was ok for the rest of the day)....as soon as i went af this dissapeared completely....horrible upset tum also vanished...IN THE PAST I TOOK A DRINK TO SETTLE THIS
              havin blood tests done shortly (after 52 days af) so hoping liver has returned to near normal
              davy
              I will be put on the transplant list Monday. I was not fortunate enough to have liver rebirth. good luck and keep up the good work!

Comment

Aveval, my prayers are with you on your success of obtaining a healthy liver, and a successful transplant.
                where does this go?

Comment

aveval
                  all the best i hope for you.it's not an easy situation to be in.

Comment

Working...
                  X