Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Wednesday June 20th

Good glorious morning, sweeties,

My, are we busy or slow or quiet or something. I think a little caffeine injection might help. So ? French roast for most of us, adding EVCO for TND (sending out the hounds too). Sugar?s decaf is ?to go? so that she can take it to work with her. Det?s coffee will be laced with some legal mood lifter ( I am thinking rhodiola). I'll serve Pap and Sausage high tea.

I have too much work + travel + fun to do still ? Tomorrow I drive to Greece to go camping with my girlfriends and kids. Last year we had wine every night. This year I am bringing my Perrier supply and the odd AF beer (I?ll need that after I pitch my tent in 35 degrees Celsius).

My doggie drama seems to come to a happy end ? the bitten boy came to play to our house again, his arm seems to heal nicely (no infection on that nasty bite). My dog?s new owner called me several times ? they are getting along really well, enjoying their walks and a wee game of fetch. He said that he is getting really fond of the dog that all the commands I taught him are working. And ? even if I don?t have a dog, I am still doing the forest walks in the cool evening now.

Thoughts of drinking still plague me ? when I am on my own, at home. I banished all AL to the drinking cabinet upstairs. I cannot trust myself yet to be around it when no one is looking. And I feel horrible for still having these thoughts. I read Drifty?s post of one year ago about all the AL things she hates . I looove being sober, still the little devil is throwing curve balls at me.

I have a ton of work to finish until tomorrow so I wish you all a fantastic day. I still feel far from being ?cured? but thanks to all of you each day I feel I am getting little farther ahead.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Good morning shue & all Abbers

Great to hear about your dog shue & the little boy who was bitten
    Hope you enjoy your camping trip, I used to do a lot of camping. The kids loved it but it always felt like so much work for me (and it was)! I always needed a day or two off afterwards to recover :H

Drinking thoughts still enter my consciousness from time to time, even after 3 years & 3 months of AF ness. I have learned to just recognize them for what they are (just thoughts) & push them away. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that AL has no place in my life. Hang in there ~ you'll get there too!!!

Must get myself to Curves & outside chores done before it really starts to heat up outside. The weather folks are predicting a heat index of 103 today

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Hump day!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello Abberoos and Aberoonies,

Shue, I know how difficult it must be to give up your dog. I, too, have a dog that I must be extremely careful with. He will attack any stranger that approaches the house. We did not train him to do that, he just seemed to grow up that way. Possibly because we live out in the country and strangers are few and far between. I would just die if he bit someone and I had to have him put down. He is a very loving and loyal dog.

When I called 911, the EMTs would not enter the house until I managed to crawl out of bed and lock Pouhlan out of the bedroom. They came in through the bedroom window to get me out. Meanwhile, Pouhlan was going crazy outside the bedroom door. One of the EMTs looked at me and told me I had a very good dog. I agreed. I never worry when hubby is out of town and I am all alone. I have a very good burglar alarm with teeth and fur.

As far as the drinking thoughts. Others who have long term sobriety tell us that we will have them. Apparently they get farther apart and less insistent as time goes by but they do come.

One thing I do want to add is that do not let the fact that you have them be an issue. It is to be expected. The thoughts themselves are not a failure of any kind. Only what we do with them.

As Lav says, just brush them away for what they are. Thoughts, nothing else.

That is my plan, anyway.

Hope all have a happy AF day!!

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cinders;1337850 wrote: As far as the drinking thoughts. Others who have long term sobriety tell us that we will have them. Apparently they get farther apart and less insistent as time goes by but they do come.

One thing I do want to add is that do not let the fact that you have them be an issue. It is to be expected. The thoughts themselves are not a failure of any kind. Only what we do with them.

As Lav says, just brush them away for what they are. Thoughts, nothing else.
        Excellent point. The become more like gnats and less like tarantulas as time goes by.

Have a luverly trash day. And happy first day of summer. We're headed towards a scorcher this weekend. At least I got the tundra mowed. Poor knees. :upset:

KAs, doing OK up there with the daughter and kiddies?
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good morning, A-F Fabs. Shue thanks for starting, Lav how are you, Cindi not sure why you called 911, but glad your here to write about it. Greenie, knees we need. Is it a torn tendon, needing a shave?

Shueski, contrary to what others say about brushing drinking thoughts aside, if you are at less than a year, it CAN be stress related. It could be a kind of transfered mourning for your old "friend" Booze. Friend indeed. Not. So you might want to figure out if you dont already know what is REALLy bugging you, isolate it and think it through. Im not saying brushing it aside is not a good idea, especially if you have more than a year behind you, but finding out whats really going on is good too.

Im just sayin'

So the time with the daughter came to an end, and I flew and drove home on Monday. Things were a bit rediculous. She has pneumonia, and she cant make it up the stairs, but she can go grocery shopping with me and buy 300 bucks worth of food (she is on welfare and has nothing basically but two little kids and no education), then the next evening, after a day of helping with the kids she arizes from a nap and announce she is going to her dads (my first husbands) for dinner, because she "didnt know what i was doing for the evening". Gee thanks. Both my daughters are appaulingly insensitive sometimes. Oh well. It WAS fathers day. I guess I was just bunned out. I miss my grand kids already.

Anyway, here I am and I have a tonne of work to do. Just in the last 24 hours I have had five different requests for work on toxin exposures, so no rest for the wicked. No wonder I used to drink. Oh, and I missed my 16 month anniversary on the 14th of June. I have coped with all of the above w/o alcohol, and had plenty of opps staying in a hotel room all by myself, yada yada. Ima get outside today too.

This is my garden yesterday. Too much rain, and too cold, for midsummers day. ONE thing is for sure.

Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hello friends,

Damn, Kaslo--your garden pictures make me so envious!! And why is it that our kids can be so insensitive?? Sometimes I feel like I am beating my head against the wall trying to get my kids to see that I don't really mind shelling out all the dough that I work hard for as long as they help me out, pick up after themselves and maybe go out of their way just a little to show they appreciate it??? I can certainly understand why my parents kind of just left me alone in my teenage years--they were probably tired of the fight. I'm not going to give up though!

It has been super duper hot here, but we did get a little storm last night that brought some welcome moisture. Some hail, but not devastating. It is beautiful out this morning. I had to make an early trip to town as the chickens were out of feed. They are getting to that stage where they think they need to eat 24/7. I'll have to get some pics on here for you guys. They have grown a ton in 4 weeks. At least now they are going outside and hubby and the boys made a nice tarp shade for them and I have an automatic waterer so it gets easier. Haven't lost any for a while now.

Shue--I'm glad your dog ordeal turned out ok. As far as the urge to drink or cravings....it does get easier. I still get them once in a great while after almost 4 years--but I've always found that if I eat something or drink something refreshing they go away. I now crave ice cream way more often than beer.

I need to get some bills paid and a little laundry done. Took the morning off to do some stuff around here. Hubby leaving for a few days, I am kind of looking forward to that. I hope to get some gardening done while he's away and we have the weekend off from baseball and any other commitments!!! Yay me!

Have a great sober day all!:h
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hidy ho ABeroooos!

Shue, thank you for the loverly kickstart

feeling a bit more like my normal quirky self here happy to say.

Kas, happy 16 month anni! also I think I know whats going on with the pictures. you're scanning postcards and posting those right? I mean....they are just too pretty. I miss tree so much living in the desert so I live vicariously though such windows of joy. thank you for them.

LVT, also mega hot here in Sacramento today. I worked an outside tradeshow and about croaked. then had a big hot curry for dinner. WTF? oh well.

Greeneyes, Cinders, Lavande, and anyone I missed good to see yoos all

be well
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Determinator;1338173 wrote: also I think I know whats going on with the pictures. you're scanning postcards and posting those right?
                Damn! What a great idea! I can't wait to show you my house! :H

Glad you're coming around det!
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                X