Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Girls only: Why do you feel it's rude when guys stare at your breats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry ladies, this seems like a bit of a direct and rude question. But as it's actually a guys thread, I permit to ask this question. In fact, the reason I'm asking it is, as I believe many of my fellow male (I nearly said members, ha, ha, ha) friends here on this site may agree, a mystery to us why some of the lovely ladies dress up with low-cut tops and then don't expect us to look at their twin towers.

Just a thought. Or at least tell us what we should do to while Venus and her sisters is talking to us ...

Just joking, but really, honest question, just interested in your response. And while we're at it, could you tell us whether it ever happens to you that you stare somewhere inappropriate when talking to a guy (i.e. remember Helen Hunt staring at Mel Gibson in the Movie 'What Women Want?).

:H
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Damn it Paddy, at 43 I wish men WOULD stare at my breasts! lol

I think that most women want you to look at them because it makes them feel attractive and sexy and desired. However, they also want you to appreciate them for their brains or personality (if they have one!)

So, I would advise a little bit of part A and a little bit of part B..... lol
    It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Hey Paddy, I think it's because we like to be admired, but we don't like to be objectified. We enjoy our being women , and we enjoy our attributes. When we dress provocatively, we're not saying, "here, see me, I AM BREAST"..but often that is how we are seen...they (including our culture) look at our body parts as objects and we're left not being seen as the total person we are....so it's painful and confusing to both sides. It's also a way to avoid intimacy..it's scary to connect with the whole woman so he breaks her up into bite size pieces.

I think I just said what Flip said in long hand.:0) I'm 48 and men still look at my breast, especially my husband, and it still hurts after 17 years of marriage because more often then not, he can't seem to look any futher than that and that is kind a lonely sometimes. It wouldn't be so painful if I hadn't been objectified before...it's sort of a global wound for women.

OK, you asked! :0)

Comment

As long as they look and then focus on the conversation at hand. I personally think women who expose a lot of flesh obviously want to attract that type of attention.

Now, if the guy starts drooling at the site of your clevage, then conversation over!

Comment

I agree with Accountable, it's very frustrating when they aren't listening. If they can listen and look, not a problem as long as they look up once in awhile.
          Colorado Chick!
          Your support means the world to me...:h

Comment

Look at my boobs all you want, just don't be looking at someone else's when you are with me.........
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

LOL!!!! How gentlemanly of you.
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Haha, thanks for the great humour. I knew you'd understand. This question was meant in all honesty, and frankly I'd never dare to stare - apart from a passing glance, of course. C'mon we all pay our taxes, so we want to make sure that they're well spent on the environment, ha,ha...

;-P But then again ladies, you still haven't told us whether any of you haven't done a Helen Hunt on us guys? (see scene Helen Hunt/Mel Gibson 'What Women Want - Him about to leave the office and her not able to get her eyes of his .... pockets)
                Paddy
                Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Paddy, part two of my answers to your questions.

I am guilty of staring at men's body parts on occasion, but there's nothing really obvious in the line of vision to stare at when you are talking to them - unless you have a fixation on teeth which is probably considered acceptable.

but don't you worry, we ladies look at the package long and often.
                  It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Paddy..I've been accused of looking at other men (usually, I don't even realize I'm doing it)...guilty as charged, but I don't think I single out a body part..if a beautiful man walks by, I look at him..if a beautiful woman walks by, I look at her.....just like looking at beauty in nature. I think the 3 second rule should be definitely be enforced though! :-D

Comment

Oh Flip Your gonna get me in trouble :H
                      Elvis is'nt dead, he's in my broom cupboard ....

Comment

Fan that was a good one...:H

It's all so confusing....... look...why are you looking?... why don't you look at me any more...is that all you care about?..What are you staring at? Well they are on display...well stop staring... What? ....
                        Control the Mind

Comment

don't mind looking - but then look up and talk. I have often asked men in pubs and at parties (and i don't ever wear low cut stuff where they stick out like melons!) that i'd prefer they speak to me and not my boobs. It's common courtesy!
                          "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

I love these topics

If you look into a woman's eyes when you talk to her you'll be alright.( Of course I occationally let one of my eyes droop down to take a peek---- & if caught I tell the young lady that I have a Lazy eye.) Ha.

Of course it never works....................IAD
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

MEN !!!!
                              Elvis is'nt dead, he's in my broom cupboard ....

Comment

Working...
                              X