Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday, June 22nd

Kalimera, fabbies,

Missing my French press here so I'll be serving Greek cafe frappees instead. I rented a boat so I am now posting from a seculded beach, on a small island. Last year we did the same, only I got so drunk the night before that I was OK on the water but as soon as we beached I actually got land sick ( well ... Hangover really ).

I am enjoying this now to the full. Had one of the best sleeps ever in my tent last night, following my night cap of lavender tea instead of ouzo.

Sending you some sun, sea and sand ...
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Hello Abbers,

Shue, Your holiday sounds so lovely. You will end up so grateful you stayed sober during this time because you will remember the entire holiday and you will feel physically so much better the whole trip. I have always wanted to go to Greece but hubby simply has no desire to go there. Someday, perhaps, I will head over there by myself or with a gf. Who knows?

Going to psychiatrist today about anxiety. I can't take the Amoryn that Lav recommended because almost all my meds interact with it. I will discuss other options with my doctor and see if she has any recommendations. I do know I must manage the anxiety or risk a relapse. I had panic attacks many years before I became an alcoholic. Hoping to avoid the SSRIs or MAOI inhibitors. We shall see.

Det, are you feeling back to normal yet? At least normal for you? :H:H

It was good to see so many checking in yesterday. I hope we get a good crowd again today. I feel grateful that MWO gives all of us a way to deal with our issue and amongst others who are doing so, as well.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good morning shue, Cindi & all Abbers

Heavy cloud cover today, thunder storms will be rolling through later hopefully breaking up this heat - phew!

shue, your vacation picture perfect

Cindi, I really feel for you with the anxiety. I had it, to some degree all of my life.
      It's gone now, so are the meds & I am one grateful granny. I really hope you find the answer soon :l

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday. I am going to stay inside & enjot the AC

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Just won two bottles of wine at work :H Going to see my dad and sister this weekend, will give them to them.

Shue - your holiday sounds great. I'm going to Greece in about three weeks - can't wait!

Lav, Cindi and all to come - have a good day!
        sigpic
        AF since December 22nd 2008
        Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Good day FabAbstinencers. Thanks Shue for the Grecian experience. I would just like to warm up a bit. Hi to Marshy (Greece again??!! Are you sure you dont wanna come to Canada and experience the flora fauna and etcetra? Lol! Lav, I cant imagine being imprisoned by heat. Cindi, you are doing SO well, you have a great sense of humor btw. Anxiety is a pain in the astilbe, but it does go away after a while.....

So for those of you wondering how much water we are getting out of the sky and from a huge snowpack, here is a vid of the dam above my study area, which has not released like this for 15 years.

We have not seen the strange yellow ball of fire in the sky for many moons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U6mGU0W_2tU[/video]]Revelstoke Dam Opens it's spillway! - YouTube
          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Just a quick check in to say howdeee! In the middle of renovating our home we are moving into and still losing my mind. Glad to be doing this sober. Thinking of you all. Happy Friday!
            AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Cindi, sorry to hear about the anxiety. I now know a lot of people here medicated with AL for the or depression. Before, I thought that was a pretty good reason; I used to drink out of nothing, any event deserved a drink, even boredom.

Lav, hope the heat gives you a break. I keep thinking of your garden.

Kas, will check that vid later ...for now Germany is playing Greece (football) - huge thinhg here given the political context.

Looks like the Greeks are losing, Marshy, you might not like what you see when you come here.
              workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Holy cow what a gusher!!! Did ya get some paddlin' in Kas? :wow:

I have the guy at work to thank for some fresh healthy eating lately via his garden. I have myself to thank for the shitty stuff I eat. I'm trudging down the path to (cover your ears, Det) quit caffeine..... Day 3 with none after the morning couple, three or so. Whittle THAT numver down next week. Speaking of shitty stuff, this guy gave me a handfull of coupons for FREE cape cod chips, lance crackers, cheetos... feck. I'm a fool for chips and cheetos.

BIG GIRL PANTS AWARD!! to ALMOSTFAMOUS! A sober moving extravaganza! YAY! :banana:

Cindi you can take ME to Greece! We can follow marshy and XNGF around!

Shu, that amazes me that you can post from a secluded beach on a little island. Why, it seems like I used a pay phone just yesterday!

Part of the no caffeine thing is going to bed earlier. Remember the 10 PM thing? Now it's to be ASLEEP by 10 PM. All these rules.... geez! I feel like I'm parenting my inner child.

tally ho!
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Alooooha Friday ABeroooos!

thanks for the nice Greeky kickstart Shue, what fabulous images your post conjures.

Cindi, what did your psych have to say? also...would you consider a 30 day no-grain dietary experiment? we are getting such wonderful results from this that it's really very exciting and I just want to jump up and down and yell about it, but they will put me back in the padded cell so I'm trying to keep it down a tad seriously though there is a very powerful link between intestinal condition and brain function. it's way to complex to discuss here but let me know if you're interested.
                  a friend of mines mother has gone from being a long-term dysfunctional bundle of nerves (on multiple anti-psychotic meds) to being a fully functional completely drug free grandmother who now has her drivers license back SPECIFICALLY because of a change in diet and understanding of the gut/brain axis.

I'm feeling well enough now to go on my hiking/shooting adventure in the mountains tomorrow. yay!
                  I really missed that last weekend.

Mum2, I'll look for your PM

Greeneyes, why the no coffee kick? just trying something different?

I made some fabulous hazelnutmeal/coconut/thyme mini-muffins today and sort of.... ate them all so now I have to make something else to bring to share with friends tomorrow. oink.

be well family!
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det - you always come up with the most interesting kitchen concoctions :H
                    Glad you are feeling more like yourself

Greenie, I did an entire year caffeine free several years ago in an attempt to lower my B/P & kick the insomnia & it didn't make a damn bit of difference Not sure what results you are hoping to get but I hope you get them!!!

Very nice on the sober move Almost

Kaslo, that is a LOT of H2O!!!!
                    I wish you could send some of it to the western portion of this country.....it's been on fire for weeks
                    Had a bit of rain here tonight - hope it's enough to break this weather pattern.

Hi Marshy! You asked yesterday about the iPad vs the laptop. I think it depends on what you want to do. Si far, I have found the iPad useful for light stuff like email, music, watching videos, apps for the kids (and myself). But I don't have the wireless printer for it so that's a problem.
                    My laptop does everything I need & I have the wireless printer. My 2 desktops in my shop are reserved primarily to run my embroidery machines & other business stuff. I am basically surrounded by technology of one sort or another.

I should go to bed because it's 11:00.
                    Greenie has already been asleep for an hour :H
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

No, it was 10:30. But I'm learning how long it takes to actually be ready to get in the bed. Details, details...:H

The caffeine is really about a couple of things. Excessive consumption for one. I treat it a bit like alcohol and was drinking to the point of slight agitation. Prolly better to not jangle my nerves like that. When I was having joint issues with my hands, I followed and anti-inflamatory, anti-arthritis diet that included no caffeine. The issue resolved. My knee(s) are really getting in the way of things I enjoy doing. I noticed that the past three nights I have dreamed all night. I don't dream when I drink coffee in the afternoon. And I'm sleepy at my "normal" time, which is compatible with a goal of being able to listen and hear to my body (over the yelling of my knees). But really it started over my knees. It "feels" like the right thing to do for me at this point in time ~ just doin' my thang! ...... you know how I am :H
                      sigpic
                      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                      X