Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Saturday, June 23rd

Good glorious morning, fabbies,

My, sober camping really agrees with me. I am feeling positively fantastic and sleeping like a baby. Since I don't mellow down at happy hour no more I had enough energy left to take the kids out in the sea kayaks, then play badminton. On top of all that swimming and healthy eating I am feeling and looking better.

Big shout out, all the way to the Grand Canyon to TURN !!! 11. Months ago she got sober for the revolution !!!

Det talking strange and exciting food combinations ...could it be you are getting back to normal ??

Sugar - I have a lovely decaf frape here for you, do tell us about the job, even if it is just venting, we miss you. I also miss TND, check in, hope the three stooges are fine.

Well, sweeties, come and get your coffee and stay for a wee chat.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Hey Ho fabbies!

Fun stuff, shue!

My fave vacation was the grand canyon dorie trip. Turnip will be wowed. Accordian serenades by the campfire?

Sent TDN a PM a while back..... a disappearance like that doesn't give me a good feeling. : (

Work beckons.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good morning Abbers

Nice morning here after some heavy storms last night!
      Have no plan for the day, yet. I'll see what happens

Shue, glad to hear you are enjoying your camping trip - sounds perfect!

Greenie, I worry about folks they they go MIA too
      Come back TDN, sugar - you too!

Have never been to the grand canyon myself. I thought it was one of the things we were going to do together when we grew older - apparently not. Same with Niagra Falls, etc., etc.

Wishing everyone a fab AF day!!!!!!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning Fabulous Abbers. Shue that sounds so terrific. So great that you can have this time in Greece and enjoy every minute of it. Time is precious.

Greenie, I too sort of would maybe like to go to the Grand Canyon, but Im terrified of heights, (I found some of my job hard, when traversing really steep slopes, for example, and when other people crossed creeks on logs, I scrambled down and waded and scrambled back up again. ) I can look at it, but not get too close to the edge.....

Lav...meet you there. You might have to administer oxygen, lol!

I have a little hydrocarbon job to do, so I had to take this internet based saftey course with a test that allowed you to take the test over and over right from the start until you got it completely right. I am embarrassed to say it took me a few tries. ok... One thing...abs NO women featured in any of the industrial illustrations, even though I know they are out there somewhere, Another thing, the stuff they drilled into us was mostly not related to anything I do. Although the basic principles apply.

Ima NEVER putting my pylons closer than six feet from my job site! NEVAH! Oh, and all this time, the soil pits I dug out there in the bush for the last 32 years, they all required a special form..oh gawd, Ive forgotten what its called.... I might just start dreaming that I am endlessly taking the petroleum industry safety course over and over and over and over.

There is a glint of sun over to the east. Im outta here. Everyone have a great AF day. My news on the AF front, for the first time ever since quitting I went into the local beer and wine to get mr kaslo his beer (he was working on the pool, whoo hooo), and it STANK TO HIGH HEAVEN. Never noticed that before.

Love
        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hello friends,

Just popping in to say hello. We have the weekend off (sort of) and hubby is out of town! I have plans to get some weeding and yard work done but I have to get out there--the forecast is for 100+ for a few days now. It wouldn't be so bad, but the wind has to blow too.

I love hearing about everyone's lovely vacations. My GF and I have started talking about going to Italy together someday. I'm not much of a world traveler.

Have a great sober weekend all!:h
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hello everyone

Quick check in from me.

Just wanted to draw everyone's attention to some fabulous pictures Sober Visitor ( a new MWO member) has just added to the end of the Tool Box thread ( in Monthly Abstinence section). They are of different hungover alcoholics, all in very different situations but each trapped in the same drinking hell. As they say a picture paints 1000 words, so do take a look.

Have a great AF day / weekend everyone

Sausage x
            Day 121 AF

Comment

Top 10 foods for people with achey knees like me & Greenie
              Top 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods You’ve Got to Know | The Conscious Life

Hi Kas, LVT & sausage!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello Fabbie Abbies,

Hope all is well. Thought I would pop in and say hello. I was in a car accident a few weeks ago on 495 (the beltway) in Virginia. I braked to avoid hitting a car that cut in front of me. I avoided hitting them but the person behind me slammed right into the back of my van. 9000.00 damage on van. It is still in the shop. I have a good case of whip lash.

Well my yoga career was short lived, at least at the studio I was teaching at. The owner is a bit nutsy. Looking to teach closer to my home and I've already found one place in a fitness club. No money in it really but it gives me a free gym membership.

Kids are out of school for the summer so a whole new phase has begun.

Det, I read your post about diet and the gut. Yes, lots of great research out there about how diet impacts behavior. Who would have thought that we have neurotransmitters in our colon?

I hope all are doing well and staying AF.

xxoo
                M3
                AF Since April 20, 2008
                4 Years!!!
                :lilheart:

Comment

Oh, Mo3, that sounds awful, I hope you are OK ...

Greenie, you crack me up sometimes.

Kas , your job is something else !!!

Sausage, I'll check those out.

Lav, Lvt - helllo to you ...

Well, my girlfriends are bringing out the wine on the beach, I ordered myself a virgin mojito, definitely not joining them. I love how they don't ask me why I am not drinking.

Last night in the tent ...
                  workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Evening Abbers!! Hope you didn't miss me too much (actually I hope you did!! )

A lot has gone on this week and I've been feeling very overwhelmed. I found out I am no longer in the running for the job I interviewed for a few weeks ago. Very upset I didn't get a call back. I also found out that my very good work friend and lunch buddy, the one who is retiring at the end of the month is dealing with a very serious family illness. Her dear husband has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. The last I heard on Tuesday, he was scheduled for surgery on Wed morning. I haven't heard a word since then and I'm very worried. She is a very private person, doesn't do email or cell phone and had promised to give me an update at the lastest on Thursday. I am now very scared to call her and yet the whole office is very concerned and also needs to have updates. they and I would also like to send cards/flowers but only if appropriate. I've told them she won't be back to finish up (she had gone on vaca and was supposed to come back for her last 10 days on Wed.). I fear the worst as it doesn't feel like no news is good news anymore.
                    Along with that I am also very emotionally involved with a lost sheltie in the northeast part of my state. My offers of help in searching for her were denied and I can understand why. All I can do is pray and send good thoughts to the owners who are out of state. She remains out there and has eluded all attempts at capture. She is a gorgeous show dog and not used to being on her own. I don't know why this has affected me so much but it has. I don't know her, never met her but feel the owners and the handler's pain and frustration somehow.
                    I have also spend many many hours obsessing about how I can safely transport my pups. Each time I think I've got the configuration down, I find something wrong with it and more to improve upon. Sometimes I think nothing short of an armored tank will make me feel safe now!! :H

I have taken the time to read through all the posts that I missed and am so happy to hear that everyone is doing so well and that us east coast people survived the horrid mini heat wave this week!

I will try very hard to post regularly again.

On a sidenote, my nephew gave me his present he brought back from Ireland for me. A canister of authentic Irish tea-Bewleys Dublin Morning Tea. I didn't realize he knew me so well!! What a lovely perfect gift for his Auntie!!
                    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

G'd evening, Fabbies!

Still busy as heck, now with a cold-ish sorta cootie thing (courtesy of Peanut, methinks). Oh... and during my gardening adventures I managed to smash (the same) finger for the 2nd time today... geez, and that's sober. Just think how much more damage one could do while drinking :H

Shout-out to Turnip: Congratulations, luv and I hope you're having a wonderful time!
                      Pmom.. so sorry about the job and your friend's hubby. Fingers crossed that all went well.
                      Mom3... good grief! :l Hope you are feeling better by now?

Everyone else... tent bound or otherwise... have a grand Saturday night
                      Oh oh, before I forget... was thinking of you last night, Det.. there was something on the news (preview) of why the paleo diet is becoming more and more popular... will definitely try to catch that piece

Night night!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Zooming in for a quick heyo!

Mom3, holy snot batman! glad your mostly ok. xxxxx

Sunshine, please let me know how the news piece looks. sadly most of the news pieces on paleo have been dis-information smear campaigns because the dietary dogma orthodoxy is never going to admit they have been complicit in the sickening of our nation for decades.

had a super fabulous hike/shoot day I'm fully of mountain air and happy goodness.

be well friends xxxx
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X