X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start walking faith

Faith
    by Steve Arterburn

"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, “Move from here to there” and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." - Matthew 17:20

Desperate to find a home, an orphan girl in India asked a missionary teacher from a nearby village for help. The missionary had no money or room for the girl but promised she’d pray and ask God for his help. She told the girl to do the same.

That evening, the teacher received a letter from an American friend, containing enough money to provide for the orphan girl. She sum­moned a messenger the following morning and asked him to go to the neighboring village—a day’s walk from her home—to find the girl.

To the teacher’s surprise, the messenger returned with the girl in half the expected time. When asked how she traveled so quickly, the girl reminded the teacher, “We both prayed to God for help…I thought I might as well start walking.”

Faith is active. Thinking and praying are necessary elements, but the true test of our faith is when like the little girl, we start walk­ing.

“Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” - Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10
Working...
X