Monday, February 25th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, February 25th

Hi Everybody! I decided to do a post here, though no one may read it and that's ok. But, I needed a place where I can start to feel like I am "long-term"; where I can start to talk about the transition. It would not be appropriate on the monthly moderation, where so many are struggling. I would never would to feel like I am moving forward at the cost of others feelings. I studied the AF model between monthly and long-term. And I feel this is a comfortable place for some of my postings. That doesn't mean I won't still be in monthly mods. I love everyone there. I learn from everyone and I hope that I may be a small contributor to help for others in some small way. And I am sure that I will continue to have set-backs. But I want someplace where I can freely reflect on my success, analyze it and grow from it. Measure it. So, contiguously with the type of long-term threads in AF, I thought I would try doing some posts in long-term. So here goes!

I am so excited. For two weeks now, I have met my long-term drinking goals! I have always wanted to just have a couple of drinks at night with my husband. For two weeks I have been working on it, and I think I have died and gone to Heaven. My relationship with my family is unbelievably growing. My husband and I have started an internet business, and he is so coy, it is like we are dating again. We laugh and joke as we go through the classes. It is so neat. It is like we are discovering each other for the first time -- again! And we have known each other for 29 years! Married 26! My son just keeps saying to me -- "Mom, you are incredible". I am so happy. As brief as it may be, I am embracing it! I could never have done it without this forum. I started October 20th last year. And I have worked diligently on my goals and will continue to do so. It is not easy. But the rewards are great! At least so far.

Love to all,
    MM
    Saving the day one minute at a time!

Monday, February 25th

Mighty Mouse, what a great success story... You sound so happy and proud..... You certainly seem to be on your way and I wish you all the best for the rest of your journey...

Love, Louise xx
    A F F L..
    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Monday, February 25th

Louise and Mike, I love you guys!!! You soooo cool in my book!

Thanks forever,
      Monica

Comment

Monday, February 25th

MM, we need people who can successfully moderate here and share with the rest of us that it can be done. It gives so many hope - ya know? Good job and what an awesome attitude! Keep at it!

Comment

Monday, February 25th

Thank you Accountable for Me, that means a lot!!! Love you all!

Monica

Comment

Monday, February 25th

Love you MM and you are doing so great. I am mostly in monthly mods but saw you here and read what you had to say. You are doing great.
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Monday, February 25th

MM what a great post, bought a lump to my throat.

I too, long to be a long term moderator, and think I'm well on the road thanks to everyone on this site. So it's great to know IT CAN BE DONE !!!!

keep posting, it gives us all hope.

and good luck with your business.

Comment

Monday, February 25th

Thanks Beaches and Pebbles and everyone here! Really appreciate the feedback. As I said, I could never have gotten to this point without all of you!

Love,
                MM

Comment

Working...
                X