X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Wednesday June 27

Good morning Abbers far & wide

Happy hump day to one & all!!!
    I'm off to Curves & to deliver eggs then back here to do I don't know what. I'm sure I'll figure it out :H

Wishing everyone a terrific AF day!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Good Morning from Alabama,

Still sober!! It has been such a long time since I have been sober this long. Sad to say, but true. However, it feels so good and at this time, I am having no drinking thoughts.

Having said that, hubby just informed me that next month we will not be able to pay all our bills.

So, I guess my focus over the next few weeks will be finding employment.

Sadly, I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

But, even with the stress of worrying about money, I feel good about being sober.

Okay, enough about me.

How is everyone doing today? What happened to Shue and our morning java? I imagine traveling back home or at home and resting.

My wishes today are that all my MWO friends have a happy and sober Wednesday.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

good morning Fabinikis! Fast check-in. Hello Lav, i'll take a dozen, Cindi, love your laid back attitude, Id be freakin'. Special hi to Mo2 from yesterday. So sorry you are burdened with a loveless marriage with children in it, its especially tough.

So I am off to look at some trees today, which have been exposed to a leaking underground tank.... Usually I can tell whats going on, but its been so rainy and windy its really hard to see the tops with a spotting scope in a howling gale. I keep putting it off waiting for better weather which is not likely to happen apparently. And the worst weather is on the weekend, our Canada Day weekend, so go figure.

I am going to assume that those of us MIA are all just fine as frogs hair.

One thing is for sure.
      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Garlic breath is in super zooming mode here. doing the travelling road show with factory reps and all the subsequent socializing blah blah. exhausting. and one of my bigger clients, the city of Stockton just went bankrupt and I have a funny feeling it's the tip of the iceberg. Cindi, I think you are not alone at all. lets keep our health up as best we can and get ready for a wild ride.
        be well everyone

zoom zoom
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Morning fabbers (well it is thursday morning here in Melbourne :H)

Thanks for your thoughts Kas..not sure how I posted on the wrong thread last night LOL. Have a great time doing tree business - hope you dont get too soaked

Det, Cindi..life can be such a challenge sometimes..thank heavens being sober makes it easier to deal with..sending you :l

Hope you all have a fab day/evening.

off to get ready for the day..

xx

Comment

Pics from where I am (just outside Melbourne) - taken at 7am ish this morning..it is beautiful..but freezing :H

Comment

Kas-fine as frogs hair? I have to assume that is good :H!!

Mum2-:l :l are all I have for you. Never been married, never really been in love although I thought I was a few times. I wish you the best. So that is what Australia looks like? Gorgeous!!

Cindi-I don't know what I want to be either when I grow up and it's a crap shoot that I can pay the bills in full every month even with 2 jobs. You'll figure it out and quicker now that AL is out of your life!!

Det-just keep garlic in your life and all will be fine!!

Lav-what did you end up doing today?

Nothing much happening here. I have yet another interview scheduled. Just can't stop I guess! Its for a position in another department at my college and I was sort of asked to appy. However, for the first time in decades I feel very out of my element. I have some transferable skills but certainly not the educational background most people in this position have. I'll give it my best shot and let the chips fall where they may. It's on Monday.
              Not looking forward to another few days of super high heat and humidity. I don't seem to enjoy summer as much as I used to. I hate the heat, the bugs, the weeds, the chores. I hardly ever spent time on my deck anymore nor do I take advantage of the longer days. Bah.
              New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

You are starting to sound like Granny Lav papmom :H
                I can't deal with the heat & humidity either ~ I always was a Fall girl
                Good luck with your interview on Monday....ya just never know!

I ended up meeting an old work friend for lunch, it was nice. We have grandkids the same age so we have similar stories to share.

Mum, your pictures are beautiful!
                I'm sorry you are in a non-supportive relationship. Trust me, I know all about that. I wish I could tell you what to do but I can't. I just wish now that I had had the guts to be true to myself & not worry about what others thought or wanted from me. I probably could have saved myself a ton of grief. Wishing you the best!

Hi garlic breath - sounds like you are feeling better :H

Kas, I'll send you some eggs & some of this hot weather tomorrow!!!!
                Hope your weekend works out OK.

Cindi, I don't know what I want to be when I grow upi either - you are not alone on that topic. I hope you can find a job to your liking

Well, I have to be out of here at 6:30 am - should be my last early morning babysitting job until the Fall semester starts for my DIL (I hope). Have a good night all!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

whew, another day another late check-in to hotel after day of road warrior activity.

Mum2, sad to hear bout your marriage, but very nice pictures. I never got to the west coast of Aus. just all up the east side.

must zonk out, another day chock full of craziness awaits..

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X