Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Saturday June 30

Good morning Abbers!

Up bright & early for absolutely no reason whatsoever!
    I need to teach Matilda that it's OK to sleep in a bit on the weekends

The heatwave continues, hiding in the AC is a big part of my plan for the day.
    Maybe I'll do some finking Det :H

Have a great AF day everyone!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

I'm up early to water the tundra. My water bill is going to be as big as my car payment. I've been watering away to get the deeper roots enough water to survive while I run up to my sister's for a few days for the fourth. It's dead around here biz-wise the week of the fourth so may as well take a little road trip.

Got some chinese herbal pills from a chinese doctor friend for my sinus thing (cover your ears lav) as I typically don't go to the MD until I have to crawl in the door.

After 8, you know what that means!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hello old timers!

Ugg, wouldn't like the heat you're both having. Coolish, windy and showery here. I'm doing a 12-hour shift at work so doesn't make much difference anyway. Off to the seaside tomorrow! Me & GF have a free night in swanky hotel room because the last time we stayed at the same hotel (in non-swanky room) they put us in a room right above a very loud wedding disco and we had to move rooms late at night and were messed around. So we complained and now have a free night in a sea view with balcony!

Lav - I tend to think things through first which isn't necessarily a good thing. Trying to achieve more balance between the two.

Greenie - have a good break. When are you off?

Hi Det, Kaslo, and anyone else who pops in today. Have a good day all!
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF today again for me.....working outside all day in 100 plus indicies zaps your desire to do much of ANYTHING......LOL

Probably just gonna work a half day, come home lay in the glorious AC, and do nothing(except clean the house, clean fish tank, get tire changed on motorcycle) Bleh
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Hi Fabunkies. Lavaland sounds too hot for me. Nelz, how you doon? I keep seeing you pop up. Well done on AFness.

Marshy that sounds perfect, I would love something like that right now. We were thinking back and its been two years since weve had a holiday.

Greenie, its Canada day weekend, and some of us are goin to the states for it, lol. Enjoy.

I am watching two bald eagles fishing in the swollen Columbia River in the rain, as I write this. Its picturesque but im bored outta my gourd. It was like this last saturday too. Pouring rain, huge quantities, cant get out in the garden. guess I will drive to Nelson and get some groceries. I have a huge outstanding invoice and I found out that the client is not happy about a carry over charge from the paper from hell, but instead of calling me she just filed it as non payable, and then took off on holidays. So here I sit, broke. Ha ha. When I got this news yesterday, I kind of panicked a bit but AL did not even enter my mind, and I realized that was a FIRST. Usually when I have a setback in the usual consulting science adminstration business horseshite, the first thing I do is think about how I am going to abuse myself with some wine. A lot of wine. Like that helps. No, i was astounded to find that it didnt really even enter the picture. And I calmly dealt with it by calling the womans boss and explaining the situation. I will still have to wait till she gets back but at least I am not writing this with a hang over. Well, I would not be here at all.

So one thing definetely IS for sure, on this fine 16 month + saturday. In the rain. On Canada Day weekend.
          Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Hi everyone

Day 128 AF today. Have had a very busy few days, it's been my daughters 8th birthday and we've had a few of her friends round for a party. When they'd all left, I was really tempted to pour a glass of wine, but am pleased to report I managed to stay strong. We're going on holiday for nearly 2 weeks tomorrow but I plan to take my iPad as I think there will be Wi Fi so i hope to check in from time to time.

Comment

Kaslo;1343655 wrote: We were thinking back and its been two years since weve had a holiday.
              It's been about three weeks since I had a holiday and I've got itchy feet :H Making up for lost time during the drinking years

Very quiet in here today. I'm coming up to 11 hours at work - one more to go!
              sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Just wondered, has anyone heard from Doggy Girl. I know she's really busy but I see from her Profile that she hasn't been on MWO at all since May 28? I'm sure she is OK but it would be reassuring to "see" her around.

Comment

WEll I MIGHT be going to my sister's. But in that wave of storms they lost power and no sense in me going w/ no power. I'll pack anyway and see what happens. Hope for the best. I bet M3 has no power either. Or your son, lav.

Marshy I'm sure there's no moss on those itchy feet. You ARE the rolling stone these days.

Sausage, I know what you mean about DG. And I too hope she's alright. I'm assuming she just is busy with a paying job in addiction. However, I know she was very opinionated about people who achieved sobriety and only popping in to announce X years sober! She felt strongly about them spending some time here to help others out. So given that, I kinda wonder what happened. Wondered about her parents, etc. but she seems to have intentionally phased herself out. Guess it was time for her.

Well, guess I'll pack. I ate all the food in the house so that's slight problem. :H
                  sigpic

Comment

Dont know if I missed something but havent seen Rubes in a LONG time either
                    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Nelz;1343757 wrote: Dont know if I missed something but havent seen Rubes in a LONG time either
                      Just read her last post. Wow. I'm not aware of whatever icky stuff was going on. Hope she's doing better.
                      sigpic

Comment

Here is my theory. She is a solid as a rock with sobriety, so I think shes fine. But perhaps because she has been working on the councilling program, that she wants to distance herself a bit from MWO in order to be, well a sober person helping the recovering ALs. She always drew from her own experience when she was advising people here. But one of my dear friends is a councillor for 37 years, and she HAS to have a seperate life to herself that is her own, or she would go mad. Maybe at some point, we should let go. I.e., dont come back to the asyllum after you are released, they will warn you that means you might end up staying. She helped a LOT of people, myself included, even though she actually very seldom addressed me personally. She was front and centre on here every day with her own funny brand of self-effacing humour. I bet she is helping people in other ways, and lets face it there are a lot of people here to carry the torch.

Now watch her come back and kick my arse around the block.
                        Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Working...
                        X