Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Sunday July 1

Good morning Abbers!

My Matilda alarm clock woke me up at 6:30.......
    Coffee is on so please come & join me

The excessive heat & humidity continues for us east coast dwellers. Just saw the news & there is no relief in sight
    I know you are really getting slammed in your neck of the woods greenie - stay cool.

I'd like to ask everyone to send some thoughts & strength to our TDN, she's having a tough time lately. Together we can conquer the beast :l:h

Wishing everyone a terrific AF & Sunday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

AF Daily ~ Sunday July 1

Yawn.... pass the coffee please. :cupajoe:

JACKRABBIT

Still no power up there. Lav you son has power?

So all packed up and no place to go. I told my sister I'd go ahead and hang a load of clothes on the line - then she'd for sure get it restored as soon as I placed the last clothespin.

SO I'm looking at this experience - being packed, waiting.... thinking it's funny how easy it is for me now. And then it occured to me - it would have been outrageously hard in the past because I would have to navigate drinking behavior around it. Not knowing if I was going to be getting in the car for a trip at a moment's notice. How much could I drink and still have the option? I would have bagged it by now. I'm so grateful to be in control of my choices and not have AL dictate what I can and can't do. I need to figure out the food thing. I think I can get by if I get some lettuce for BLTs.

Lav, I bet your anni is a weird thing for you. I hope you got through the day feeling alright. :l

TDN...:l:h come back... you can do it!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday July 1

Good morning Fababfriends. And happy Canada Day. Lav, thanks for starting. When I woke up, as usual, I just reached for my computer, knowing you would be there. Or someone. Its a very nice feeling. I wish you and Greenie could just come up to the Kootenays, and be where its cool and mild.

Sorry to hear TDN is struggling. TDN if you read this, hope you are winning more than losing, and dont be afraid to come back. Weve all had our own failures, tons of them.

Greenie, your quandry is so odd. How bad do you need power? If my sister was still alive....im a bit envious I must say.

Yesterday I occupied myself with taking photos in the garden then processing them, and that pretty much took up the whole day. Didnt go to Nelson, didnt feel like driving that far. I love to photograph flowers...here are a few...

This is Sanguisorba, or salad burnet, ive never eaten it, but I love the flowers.

This that big pink oriental poppy youve seen in the cliff garden

Here is a columbine, one of my faves. I have a whole bed of them, behind the woodshed.

Love to all. And one thing is for sure.
      Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday July 1

Stella!!!
        Do the other chickens have names, Lav?

Kas it's not about if I need power, it's that I don't want to add to their issues of not having it. Her daughter and infant are already temporarily living there, so I assume the upstairs is too hot to sleep so the downstairs couch would already be taken. GAWJUS flowers!

I made the most awesome juice. Something I've been meaning to start doing on a sort of regular basis. Carrot, celery, apple, cucumber, parsley. Wow. What if I'd been drinking that sort of thing instead of booze all those years. I wonder what kind of things I may have accomplished. Tough to top queen of the universe though.

Thunderstorm just brought the temp down TWENTY degrees!! YAY!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily ~ Sunday July 1

Please send that thunderstorm this way friend - yuck, hot out there

Love those flowers Kaslo. Did I ever mention my DIL sells her pics on Etsy? She comes over here, takes pics of anything she can find & makes them into greeting type cards or just frames enlargements, etc. We have to get you doing the same thing

greenie, my son only lives 8 miles away from me & we've had no power problems - yet!
          Since he got his promotion earlier in the year he is moved around to different firehouses all over DC so I don't know where he was exactly when the lights went out down there. All I know is that he's off today & went to one of the Delaware beaches for the day with the kids. I wonder who's watching the Insanity Twins cause I'm not :H

I've only named Stella because she's so crazy looking :H
          I wouldn't go anywhere without AC right now - I am chicken!!!!!!

The anniversary day went by in a bizarre way - of course but it wasn't all bad. YB finally fessed up to starting on Cymbalta 30 days ago for his chronic back pain & chronic mood disorder - FINALLY!
          The dosage is being upped now to therapeutic levels. Could this possibly be the ticket to having his head removed from his ass once & for all? Stay tuned ~ we shall see

The juice sounds good. Can you freeze it into popsicles? :H
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
          X